GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Kilasuits Diary (debt free and life improvements) - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kilasuits Diary (debt free and life improvements)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kilasuits Diary (debt free and life improvements)

Hi there everyone!

Some of you may know me from the MSE Credit Card boards.
    Some of you may not.

This is going to be a Diary with a major difference (i think) as its not just a DFD but a savings, house moving, driving by my 21st (4th april) and hopefully an education diary all rolled into 1

First of all for those that dont know me i am 20 with DS of 11months and partner who i've been with now 2 years and due to current situations at her home we are moving out as soon as realistically possible.

So yeah this is going to be rather an obscure but i hope interesting read (no just for you guys but for me too)

As you can see from my signature i have a fair bit of credit (not all used) but that only shows the limits shown on my CF's and i also have things that dont show on my CF's like my lloyds account for example.

I am lucky in the fact that i have a rather flexible job in which if i'm unhappy with the amount of hours i scheduled for i can normally start early or stay on. I'll make it clear from here now that i'm not on a brill wage at £5.07 but i took the job to provide for my family as at the time i was on the JSA.

I have been looking to better my Wage by getting trained in the job but since my son was born i kinda lost interest but i will crack on with it as best as i can.

My current debts are at a manageable level its just all about minimising the interest paid on everything

My aim is to be DF by 04/04/2012 ( my 22nd)

I also intend to have saved 1.5k for me and 2k for my son by this time.

Driving i'm just hoping atm to get test passed by Christmas as i can always sort a car out at a later date etc.

Education wise i'm hoping that theres enough time left in the day to be able to do something fulfilling that will allow me a career more than a job.

Hope that all made sense to you guys.
    I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Re: Kilasuits Diary (debt free and life improvements)

Well now i have finally set up a few payments to come from accounts on pay day

Means i no longer have to remember to do so. :-) Or as i really should say find time to do so.

Off to bed as work at 6
    I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Comment

Hi Kilasuit,

I am looking forward to reading about your journey, its good to see someone as young as you realise what you need to do to sort out your financial situation. Good luck with the driving and also the job training, it may seem hard at times, working, and trying to better yourself, but just think how proud you will be when you finally acheive your goal.

Elsie

Comment

Update 2

Cleared 2 CC's Aqua and Cap1

Gonna replace my debit card with these in line with using some of my employee discounts like 5% off at sainsburys, asda and 10% off at comet through reloadable gift cards.

Driving lessons are back on track. 2 in 2 weeks and have 1 next week too. Been looking at cars & insurance too which has been rather interesting to say the least.

Savings are on track-ish

Have saved £700 and this is semi car fund and DS savings. Have a Regular Saver with HSBC which is set up to save £100 a month which will be doing my internal score there wonders and there is £300 in there atm.

hopefully i'll have a 2nd job for over xmas and be lookin at 600 hours over 6 weeks then a fortnight off in january.

Still havent moved but that is semi on the cards. Looking but trying to find somewhere suitable within budget. Which is rather hard in my area.

Comment

Hi matey

Jesus how many hours? I thought I worked a lot (I work around 80hrs a week EVERY week! ;EEK ) BUT, think of the dollar - kerrrrrching! ;LOL

best of luck, both with moving and your second job...... you're in shropshire aren't you? near sutton? ;N
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I do apologise for the time its taken me to update this as i haven't really been that busy.

Well that isnt as true as it could be

A better phrase is that i haven't been as busy as i'd like to have been. But then again i have unfortunately come down with a nasty cold which needless to say is annoying at worst.

In response to you niddy - yeah i'm not far from sutton but also i am not gonna go knocking on his door either (sayin that i dont know where his door is but thats just another story altogether)

Savings are now at a constant £200 pcm though gonna try and push this a little further.

Driving is coming along but not brilliantly. Just yesterday failed my theory for 2nd time. 5 marks off but meh next time i may actually revise before hand. Lessons wise i'm doing fine and my instructor has commented on how well i'm doing now my doing them regularly.

Debts are getting there- found out i can overpay my loan so that will defo be gone for my 22nd.
            Vanquis- hopeful to BT to co-op after an appeal if not hopeful end Jan
            Sygma (all 3) - Sept 2011
            Cap1 & Aqua - Rolling cards
            Comet Card - 28th Feb 2011 (end of 0% on laptop purchase)

Littlewoods is now clear thou it only had a balance of about 300 6month ago anyway and as its 0% just been paying minimum

Seems in recent months Vanquis have done a sneeky 1. They now wont collect a DD if you make a payment for more than the minimum. Where as before they used to take that DD payment regardless of the amount paid otherwise.

going to be keeping a spending diary soon as pretty annoyed about where money seemingly disappears to.

I now have arranged SO's to all my creditors on payday so that it no longer needs my decision on it. (otherwise i'd find an excuse not to bother)

I in the end havent managed to sucessfully obtain a second job but am awaiting call back from royal mail in regards to their waiting list.

House moving is now gonna be less choice and more just done. Not happy but then again what can i do?? 6months down the line can look to move again if needs be.

Comment

Well i did end up finding a 2nd job which really wasnt worth the hassle i got from my current 1.

Lloyds have passed my Current Account whilst in dispute about the charges amongst other things to a company called Debt Managers ltd which has annoyed me but I’m also glad that I’m no longer dealing with Lloyds.

Got a lovely xmas present off of Halifax thou new CC 0% BT for 9months and 0% purchases for 12months

we have moved although it is in to temporary accommodation with the council which is a pain in the ass

in the move have managed to lose driving instructors number which is a pain.

Comet card is looking to be paid off on the 17th Feb which allows me time to double check for the 0% on it etc etc

Littlewoods is back up and being used as it was for little uns xmas presents.

Work is becoming interesting as I’ve basically become bored of being underpaid and when I turn 21 I’m gonna bring an uproar as basically gonna call my most senior managers bluffs and get what is for me basically a 25% payrise just cos I’m turning 21

Currently on 5.07p/h and 27p ph is performance payrises which I intend on getting on top of min wage in april so I’m lookin to go to 6.20p/h and then get additional trainin and get the another 20p payrise by end of may.
              Then work is going 24 hours and I’m gonna put myself down to do the nights and get yet another 50p+ an hour in unsocial pay. Which yeah to people like niddy aint much but its gonna be what gets me through some education and driving. So basically I’m hoping for a 34% payrise though minimum is 16% that I could get.

Comment

Hi Kilasuit

Fab thread, great to see that you have had the strength to carry it through. hope everything continues to go well for you. You deserve it.

All the best
                SPENT

Comment

i now have my theory booked again.

3rd time lucky i hope

i have now recieved a notice of legal action from debt managers ltd - take it i should ignore it unless something pops up on my CF's

i spent hours and hours manipluating excel the othe nite and still got work to do on it
                  i would hiope that the work i've done in excel can be of help to people as its basically a compliation of manythings like working out pay (tax ni) and min payments on cc's and interest on the said cc's

Hard to explain tbh

Comment

Good luck with the theory test.

You seem to have a good head on your shoulders for someone so young.

Not sure about the threat of legal action from debt managers without seeing it - does it say they ARE taking legal action or MAY take legal action?
                    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

seems like Debt Managers Ltd have disregarded their own letter to me as i received a letter from them asking for me to make a reduced settlement.

makes me laugh

Comment

Hi Kilasuit,

Just read through your posts and you seem really organised!!

To pay off my cc debt, I started to 'pad' (payment a day) and what a difference it made! Basically, it's really easy - you just pay a little towards something everyday and before you know it, you've paid of quite alot, maybe this is an idea you could use to help pay Littlewoods?

I was thinking of starting a diary of my own but I've only got a loan to pay off now and it doesn't seem worth it to start a diary just for that!
                        Made by God...Improved by the Devil
                        Save £2 a day - £1610.00 so far

Comment

need to press on with looking for a better job

Also need to press on with lookin to further my education as i feel this is gonna be 1 of a few ways in which i'm gonna be able to attain a better job.

fed up of being tlked to like a child by a 19yr old manager.

Comet card is paid off

skint thou not nice

Comment

Well done kilasuit

Any news on the driving front?
                            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Yeah got my theory for the 4th time on the 1st

Need to revise as it was just silly little mistakes that have allowed me to fail this much

Thou i was almost asleep in my last 1 in the hazard perception and i passed that part

Comment

Working...
                              X