GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Kilasuits Diary (debt free and life improvements) - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kilasuits Diary (debt free and life improvements)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kilasuits Diary (debt free and life improvements)

Originally posted by Flowerpower
    Sorry to ask a silly question, but will these 24 hours a week pay significantly more than you'd get on HB+CTB+JSA? Because in practice, this isn't always the case, especially where a family (as opposed to a single person) is concerned.
    its one of 2 jobs as i believe i have got the role at barclays.

Lots of phonecalls to be made this week
    I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Well in other news HB lost partners payslips so need to reprint them for them

also sent this to creditors so see what response i get from them now

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing to you today to inform you of my discontent with the handling of my account since I became in arrears in May 2012 after being unlawfully dismissed by my previous employer.

I must point out that I am extremely unhappy that my account was passed on to Third party collection agencies when it simply could have been placed on hold internally with yourselves until a time when I was able to look at making payments on it again.

Also as a similar and rather unfortunate set of circumstances we have been taken to court by our current landlords on basis of rent arrears and we also have Gas, Electric, Water and Council Tax arrears which take priority over any debts I have with yourselves.
      So for simplicity the current state of affairs goes with priority of my finances being
      1) Outgoings which is none exhaustive of this list, Food, Utilities and Travel costs.
      2) Current Rent and payments towards arrears.
      3) Current Utilities and payments towards arrears.
      4) Non-priority Debts inclusive of Credit Cards, loans, Catalogue accounts etc.

As you can see you are the bottom of the list in terms of priority in a legal aspect.
      Also if you bring up your records I made a request in June for a 6 month payment and charges break, so that I could find time to find a job and then resume payment on account, and I have seen that there has been charges placed on some accounts and requests for payments made by Third Party collection agencies of which I am most displeased about due to being harassed by them.

The point raised above also dispels your information shared to the Credit Reference Agencies, Experian, Equifax and CallCredit, where you have placed a default marker on my record however the correct marker would have been an Arrangement to Pay marker, as expressed by ICO and FOS guidelines. I therefore request that this be changed immediately to reflect the true running of the account, otherwise I may be forced to take further action with the regulatory bodies.

Also due to the above circumstances I would like to point out that with being taken to court by our landlord we will be being forced to move in January and therefore in all our interests it would be either be most suitable to Write off the amount remaining or place it on a further 6 month hold in which I would keep you updated on a monthly basis on any updates that would allow me to either make repayments or look at settling accounts held with you.

Please see this as a genuine cause of concern and remember that you are obliged to Treat the Customer Fairly and take consideration of any circumstances seriously whether they negatively impact the Creditor – Debtor relationship in the short term where there could be a long term solution.

Therefore to Summarise I am asking for the following to happen
      1) To recall the accounts held from any Third Party Agencies immediately and return the account to your own internal Collections Department.
      2) To inform all Third Parties the account has been lodged with to send a letter confirming that all my details have been erased from their systems and that they have returned the account to you the Original Creditor
      3) When the account is then subsequently returned to you it will then need to place it on a further 6 month Collection Suspension as I have Priority Debts of which yours is not one of. Please note the definition of Priority Debts can be obtained from any Citizens Advice Bureau.
      4) I am also currently in process of fighting an eviction from my current Social Housing Landlord and therefore will in the foreseeable future be most likely moving address and the stresses of having to move will not be helped by being hounded by any third party agencies acting on your behalf or excessive and aggressive tactics by your internal collections department.
      5) To immediately remove all and any phone numbers held by yourselves as I am beyond fed up of getting constant calls by the Third Parties attempting to communicate with me to discuss the account when I am awaiting possible calls regarding employment, which if I miss due to being harassed, leads me to be unable to look at making payments on this account in future.
      6) As per communication regarding the account I will only communicate via the methods at the top of this letter and therefore request that any other forms of communication methods are removed from your systems.
      7) To immediately ensure that the account is marked as Arrangement to Pay and any Default markers removed as this is not a true reflection of the account in the slightest.
      8) To either write back to me at the above address or Email me regarding this letter to confirm receipt and acknowledge that all points above will be agreed with and are acceptable and able to be carried out.

I look forward to your responses

Many Thanks
      I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Comment

Just preparing for my induction at Sainsburys. 16hours of sheer boredom and this will be the 3rd time i've done it.

But its pennies in the bank

Comment

Originally posted by kilasuit View Post
          Just preparing for my induction at Sainsburys. 16hours of sheer boredom and this will be the 3rd time i've done it.

But its pennies in the bank
          Good luck, inductions are normally fairly tedious but as you say it's money in the bank

Comment

i would say day 2 of induction went well but that would be a lie.

Was at hospital from 4am onwards with really bad jaw ache which stopped me sleeping.

\so have had to have it re-arranged for sunday but am so lucky they could do that

Comment

Well i start my first shift at Sainsburys this evening and also Had it confirmed that as of Monday i officially am employed by Barclays too.

So now a nice bright Horizon!

Comment

Nice Christmas present
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

well done

Comment

Nice one Kila

Hope your Horizon stays bright
                    NW xxx
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I hope so too

Comment

Off to Start at barclays this morning. OH how he fun of driving 75 miles in this weather

Comment

Madness.....but good luck

Comment

That's a hell of a commute, Kila!

Comment

I am guessing down the M6 past Birmingham which is a real bitch of a journey. But that's determination for you

Comment

I use to travel 50 miles each way to work just to get an income, many a time I returned home to have a phone call can I do an extra shift as people have not turned up also go and supervise the Northbound site as the supervisor has suddenly fallen ill, so another 50 miles round trip, needs are a must at times, weekly journey cost £39.00 = wages after tax was £109.00, rent £55.00, God how did we survive? no income support! small savings spent, but we do it!

Comment

Working...
                                X