GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Mortgage PPI from 2004 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mortgage PPI from 2004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortgage PPI from 2004

Hello!!!

After posting in another thread about possible PPI reclaim against HBOS & Lloyds TSB I got to thinking about I claim I attempted last year and thought I'd seek the expertise of you great people!!

We were mis-sold PPI on a mortgage back in June 2004. The amount was £4340 and this was added to the mortgage (and also unknown to us at the time the insurance was only for 5 years yet we had just taken out a morgtgage for a 17 year period which we are still paying!!!!! )

Anyway, the mortgage was arranged by a broker (Capital Mortgage Connections) however they ceased trading, so I tried my luck with the FSCS however as the broker were not regulated at the time as it was pre 2005 they could not help.

I just want to make sure that I really have come to the end of the line with this, is there anything else I could try??? The policy was called D & D Homecare Ltd Mortgage Payment Protection Scheme and was administered by Adminacle Ltd.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Mortgage PPI from 2004

If you PM Di30, she's your Gal.

Comment

Have you written to this address at the bottom of these key facts?

http://www.thesource.co.uk/thesource...mecare-SOC.pdf
      Last edited by pompeyfaith; 19 February 2013, 19:38.

Comment

I have PM'd Di30 so hopefully she will be over.

Comment

Thanks vint, I appreciate that!

No pompeyfaith I haven't tried that address. Thats helpful, thanks!!

Comment

Thank you Vinty and hi to stressedoutmum

I note you said that the broker who sold you the insurance for the mortgage has ceased trading and that the FSCS is not able to help because they were not FSA registered.

Right there is two ways you can do this really. (I can send you a copy of my letter that I send to my underwriter/insurer) as the complaint letter will have to be worded differently to that of a complaint direct to the broker. Or they may come back and say, it wasnt them that sold it so nothing to do with them.
            It's important to word a letter carefully, so you can make them aware that they still had liabilities of the policy that was sold to you.

I will message my letter to you shortly and please feel free to use, and tweak to your requirements.

Or:

You can ask the FOS to write to the underwriter/insurer on your behalf, as they were probably fsa regulated for being a seller for insurance.
            But it may just take some time before they deal with it, but you will still have this possibly option if the underwriter/insurer reject by the final decision to complain to the FOS, it's up to you.
            I would personally give it a go yourself as first if you can.

Give me a few mins and I shall message you. x

Comment

Thank you so much Di30!!!

I am happy to try and write to Adminacle and see how I get on. The fact that this policy was added to my mortgage (that I continue to pay) and is absolutely worthless really makes me so angry!

Thanks for the copy letter, I'll tweak it here and there!!

Can I also ask what the situation is with claiming PPI after bankruptcy? My husband was discharged from his bankruptcy in Oct 2010. We have had several loans over the years and some were just in his name, and I am wondering in light of the documents I've recently received about loans where I had no idea that PPI had been added, could there be more? Would he be able to investigate and claim given his bankruptcy? He had 2 loans with A&L and AA that I think were included in is Bankruptcy and I have no idea if he had PPI.

Thanks again!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stressedoutmum View Post
                Thank you so much Di30!!!

I am happy to try and write to Adminacle and see how I get on. The fact that this policy was added to my mortgage (that I continue to pay) and is absolutely worthless really makes me so angry!

Thanks for the copy letter, I'll tweak it here and there!!

Can I also ask what the situation is with claiming PPI after bankruptcy? My husband was discharged from his bankruptcy in Oct 2010. We have had several loans over the years and some were just in his name, and I am wondering in light of the documents I've recently received about loans where I had no idea that PPI had been added, could there be more? Would he be able to investigate and claim given his bankruptcy? He had 2 loans with A&L and AA that I think were included in is Bankruptcy and I have no idea if he had PPI.

Thanks again!!
                Your very welcome (I have since messaged you too)

The bankruptcy issues confuse me to be honest, but I'm sure someone will know for sure.
                I suppose it may depend on how long ago it was.

I will see if I can find any information on it, and meanwhile, hopefully someone will be along who may know of reclaiming ppi via bankruptcy.

Comment

Strictly speaking, if there was anything from pre bankruptcy then it should go to the OR, even though it is paid post discharge.

Is you husband still making payments to the OR?

Comment

No problem, I know the whole thing gets quite confusing for me!!

I am a woman on a mission now, trying to get any money back that I am owed in order to repay my family!! Every little helps!!!

Comment

Originally posted by vint1954 View Post
                      Strictly speaking, if there was anything from pre bankruptcy then it should go to the OR, even though it is paid post discharge.

Is you husband still making payments to the OR?
                      Hi vint!

No, he didn't make any monthly payments to the OR as he was unemployed at the time and there was no spare cash every month. A lump sum of £24K was paid to the OR (which was my husbands half share of the equity in our house) and that was borrowed from a family member as remortgaging/selling was not an option.

Comment

This is from the internet. It seems to confirm that PPI claims that had the Right of Action before bankruptcy, belong to the OR:

" So to summarise the ROA is an Asset and that asset is created when you signed the credit agreement. Being that in these instances the PPI claims we are talking about are all on credit agreements signed before the bankruptcy then these PPI claims are all assets and they all vest with the trustee of your bankruptcy.
                        This means that not only do you not have the right to receive the monies from any claim but that you also do not have the right to make the claim, That right passed to the trustee and so it is the trustees right whether to take it forward or not, the claim now belongs to them.

As far as I last heard the Insolvency service is trialling using a solicitors firm to take batches of these claims forward en masse to the banks and therefore if you have already made the claim and pocketed the cash there is a good chance that the IS will at some point try and cash in the claim and therefore realise that you already have. At that point they will have the option of recovering it from you. "

It also appears banks are wise to this and make the cheques out to the OR

Comment

Thanks vint!

So won't go down that road then, I'll stick with this mortgage claim for now and see how I get on.

Thanks everyone for all your advice, you have no idea how grateful I am!!

Comment

Thank you Vinty, your a star

Comment

Sorry guys, one more question re this. When I write to Adminicle, should I do it recorded delivery??

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                              X