GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Mortgage PPI from 2004 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mortgage PPI from 2004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mortgage PPI from 2004

Originally posted by Stressedoutmum View Post
    The insurance was D & D Homecare, but claims went through Adminacle and I believe both are part of the Assurant group!
    Ok but who was their insurer. They are not an insurance company (or are / were they)?

Usually firms are are underwritten by a main insurer. I'd bet it's Legal & General.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      Are you using internet explorer by any chance? Are you using windows, XP, 7 or 8?

That might be why you're having IT issues. I'll post back later once you reply.
      Yes windows 7 internet Explorer

Comment

Ok but who was their insurer. They are not an insurance company (or are / were they)?

Usually firms are are underwritten by a main insurer. I'd bet it's Legal & General.
        Says on policy document underwritten by Bankers Insurance Company Limited

Comment

Yes windows 7 internet Explorer
          thats the issue. It's not AAD. Try using Chrome or Firefox. Much better browsers than IE.

Details -> https://msdn.microsoft.com/library/h...(v=vs.85).aspx
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Says on policy document underwritten by Bankers Insurance Company Limited
            these -> http://www.ifa-guide.co.uk/buckingha...ted-17837.html

if they were regulated then you can claim.

Comment

I still think D&D were reps of L&G

did you have lifestyle cover?

see this -> http://www.legalandgeneral.com/advis.../get-in-touch/

notice second section "Claims" - last option

Comment

Did a search on the register and this is what I got

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/register/firmR...r.do?sid=56646

Says Assurant General Insurance

Comment

thats the issue. It's not AAD. Try using Chrome or Firefox. Much better browsers than IE.

Details -> https://msdn.microsoft.com/library/h...(v=vs.85).aspx
                  Chrome working a treat!

Comment

Did a search on the register and this is what I got

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/register/firmR...r.do?sid=56646

Says Assurant General Insurance
                    Great - send a letter to the insurer (you CAN claim from the insurer you know?) and ask "can you clarify that you underwrote a policy I held between DATES" and provide additional info such as policy number / name / address - be vague. All you need is clarity at this stage. If they confirm then you send them a SAR

Assurant General Insurance
                    Unit 1

Emerald, Westmere Drive
                    Crewe
                    Cheshire
                    UNITED KINGDOM
                    CW1 6UN

Comment

I still think D&D were reps of L&G

did you have lifestyle cover?

see this -> http://www.legalandgeneral.com/advis.../get-in-touch/

notice second section "Claims" - last option
                      We were covered for disability and unemployment. When I say 'we', it was actually only my husband as he was the main earner, thouggh the policy was in both names!

Comment

Great - send a letter to the insurer (you CAN claim from the insurer you know?) and ask "can you clarify that you underwrote a policy I held between DATES" and provide additional info such as policy number / name / address - be vague. All you need is clarity at this stage. If they confirm then you send them a SAR

Assurant General Insurance
                        Unit 1

Emerald, Westmere Drive
                        Crewe
                        Cheshire
                        UNITED KINGDOM
                        CW1 6UN
                        Yes, I wrote to Assurant General Insurance back in Feb 2013 and got a letter back from Assurant Intermediary who confirmed, and I quote ' Assurant General Insurance Ltd are the policy underwriters only and as such are not responsible for any aspect of the sale'.....'it should also be noted that AGIL does not hold regulatory permissions to sell. Our permissions extend to being authorised to effect and carry out contracts of insurance. Consequently as AGIL's authority does not extend to selling activities, it is not actually possible for us to appoint a third party to act as our agent for this purpose. To do so would be unlawful'. I wrote back again after speaking to di30 and they replied basically regurgitating the same rubbish, which is why I felt they hadn't even done any sort of investigation. That is when I took it to the Ombudsman asking them to look at their involvement as the underwriter.

Comment

I thought this was interesting. Thought I'd have a look on the FOS website and saw that they publish their Ombudsman decisions. I searched for Assurant and found this complaint which they upheld. Although it doesn't give all the details, it is remarkably similar to my case, even down to the fact it was prior to 2005 and the 'seller' is no longer trading, but Assurant accepted responsibility! God I feel like showing the FOS this and saying why are Assurant not taking responsibility for my complaint? Actually thinking about it, shouldn't I bring this to the FOS attention? Assurant admitted to me that they did not appoint 'agents' to sell their products, so if they accepted responsibility for this sale should they not also accept it for mine. Then the FOS can rule on whether the policy was missold or not?

http://www.ombudsman-decisions.org.u...x?FileID=70996

http://www.ombudsman-decisions.org.u...x?FileID=61050
                          Last edited by Stressedoutmum; 28 June 2015, 18:29.

Comment

When I say 'we', it was actually only my husband as he was the main earner, thouggh the policy was in both names!
                            Was/is the mortgage in both names?

(Sorry I should know that but I haven't made time to read back through your thread).

Plan B x

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                              Was/is the mortgage in both names?

(Sorry I should know that but I haven't made time to read back through your thread).

Plan B x
                              Yes it was in joint names. My husband was deemed to be the main earner and in a less stable job. That was recommended by the mortgage adviser.

Comment

it was in joint names. My husband was deemed to be the main earner and in a less stable job. That was recommended by the mortgage adviser.
                                Do you still have a copy of your mortgage application ?

That would be my starting point if this was an "advised" sale.

Plan B x

Comment

Working...
                                X