GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Mortgage PPI from 2004 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mortgage PPI from 2004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mortgage PPI from 2004

Good luck!

Comment

Received this email today from the Ombudsman, hoping that things are going in the right direction with this!!!

'We are writing to provide you with an update to yourcomplaint.

From our investigations to date, there appears to be a dispute about which business is responsible for the sale of your PPI.

We can confirm that this case is awaiting allocation to an adjudicator who will endeavour to establish which business should take responsibility for the sale of your PPI.Once our investigation is complete, we will let you know if we can consider the merits of the mis-sale complaint.

We will write to you again as soon as we are in a position to do so, and in any event no later than every three months.

If not already done so, please could we ask that you send in any supporting documentation or correspondence you have that may determine which business was responsible for the sale.

Thank you for your continued patience, and if you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us'

Comment

Thank you for the update and hopefully not too long to wait now!

Comment

What was the outcome of this mortgage PPI claim?

Is it the same mortgage company that you are dealing with on another issue at the moment because that might be relevant to your other thread here:

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post466296

Comment

This is currently at the Ombudsman and waiting for an adjudicator. Has been for about the last year!

Comment

Oh well, good news one day, rubbish news the next!!!!

Got letter from FOS saying they can't deal with my complaint. They've looked to see if Assurant should take responsibility by trying to establish a connection between Assurant (formerly D &D Homecare which my insurance documents are from) and Capital Mortgage Connections but they say Assurant have confirmed that CMC did not act as their agent and the FOS have seen no evidence to contradict this!

How can I possibly prove this? If CMC were not acting as an agent for Assurant, what was their role selling their products?

I have until 12 May to ask them to consider anything else, but what else can I say? All I have paperwork wise is the policy document which confirms my policy was set up by CMC. That's obviously not enough :-(

I've just noticed there is an 'agent number' on my document DD336 anyone have any idea what that would relate to?

Sorry edited yet again! Been having a look at all my documents. The insurance documents from D &D Homecare inform us of our acceptance into the scheme as 'arranged by Capital Mortgage Connections'. To me this shows that 1. They checked and accepted our application so have a responsibility as the underwriter and 2. That there is a relationship with CMC.

I am wondering what is different to my case than other's that have been upheld against Assurant. You can view upheld complaints on the FOS website and I found a couple of very similar cases to mine from 2004 where the broker is no longer trading but the ombudsman states that, as the underwriter, Assurant are now responsible. No mention of agency relationships! So why does this not apply to me?

I am thinking of asking for an ombudsman to now look at the case, and I'm also considering requesting a SAR from Assurant but it's so long ago.

Anyone think this is an option? Thoughts would be gratefully accepted :-)
              Last edited by Stressedoutmum; 24 April 2015, 15:37.

Comment

I've asked Di to pop in. She's pretty good with this scenario.

Failing that ill look through your thread in the coming days. Just a tad busy today.
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Stressedoutmum View Post
                  Oh well, good news one day, rubbish news the next!!!!

Got letter from FOS saying they can't deal with my complaint. They've looked to see if Assurant should take responsibility by trying to establish a connection between Assurant (formerly D &D Homecare which my insurance documents are from) and Capital Mortgage Connections but they say Assurant have confirmed that CMC did not act as their agent and the FOS have seen no evidence to contradict this!

How can I possibly prove this? If CMC were not acting as an agent for Assurant, what was their role selling their products?

I have until 12 May to ask them to consider anything else, but what else can I say? All I have paperwork wise is the policy document which confirms my policy was set up by CMC. That's obviously not enough :-(

I've just noticed there is an 'agent number' on my document DD336 anyone have any idea what that would relate to?

Sorry edited yet again! Been having a look at all my documents. The insurance documents from D &D Homecare inform us of our acceptance into the scheme as 'arranged by Capital Mortgage Connections'. To me this shows that 1. They checked and accepted our application so have a responsibility as the underwriter and 2. That there is a relationship with CMC.

I am wondering what is different to my case than other's that have been upheld against Assurant. You can view upheld complaints on the FOS website and I found a couple of very similar cases to mine from 2004 where the broker is no longer trading but the ombudsman states that, as the underwriter, Assurant are now responsible. No mention of agency relationships! So why does this not apply to me?

I am thinking of asking for an ombudsman to now look at the case, and I'm also considering requesting a SAR from Assurant but it's so long ago.

Anyone think this is an option? Thoughts would be gratefully accepted :-)

Hi

So they usual fob off then by the FOS? (so frustrating as they make you wait long enough) and 90% of the time they come back with the same response for all that goes this avenue.

Have you actually tried writing to the Underwriter/Insurer yourself first by any chance?

I gave it a shot with a few of mine assuming that the FOS will keep it going forever to come back 2 to 3 years on to say "Sorry cannot establish relationship" blah blah.

It may be worth taking a chance on a SAR to see what comes back and also request for the details of the Insurer (they must provide this to you?) if you have not already provided this evidence to the FOS then this should actually be the evidence you need for them to see and prove.
                  They will return the payment if they're unable to provide any information but if you have not yet requested a SAR, hopefully it could be a way forward with a bit of luck x

Comment

Thank you Di
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Many thanks for your reply! So sorry to hear you've had health issues Di, I hope you are feeling better.

The insurer is Assurant General Insurance (formerly D &D Home care, I still have the actual policy document) and yes I tried them at the start and they pretty much fobbed me off with the whole 'CMC were not acting as our agent so we are not responsible' scenario! The FOS seem to have accepted this defence stating that they have seen nothing to contradict that. I am in the process of drafting a reply to the FOS advising that I believe the word agent is being used by Assurant to minimise their involvement in the sale and that there was clearly a relationship there and proof of that is on the policy documents where they acknowledge that CMC organised the cover for us. I also pointed out that as the underwriter they accepted our application for the cover, again as acknowledged in the policy documents and had a responsibility to make sure the policy was suitable which it wasn't, so I think that should also have been considered in the complaint.

I've sent of the SAR so will see if that throws up anything of use, and I'm letting the FOS know that I'm awaiting info from Assurant.

I'm taking this all the way, hopefully the FOS will look a bit more closely at it as they sent a 2 page letter and only a third of it contained their reason for not upholding my complaint, which given the length of time they've had it is a bit lacking!

Do you think this is the right approach for me to take? I can't think of anything else to say to them.

Thanks again! X

Comment

FOS have replied to the email I sent and have now passed my complaint to an Ombudsman for a final decision. I've to let them have any further info that I think is relevant by 19th May, if I need longer I've to let them know.

Fingers crossed again!

Comment

Question about SAR

I’ve recently sent a SAR to Assurant Solutions inconnection with a Mortgage PPI complaint we have with them (see my other poston the reclaiming thread). They have replied to say that they will comply withmy request but not until I provide photographic ID for both myself and myhusband. Is this normal practice? We are still at the same address we were whenwe took out the PPI, so why would they be unsure of our identities?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Re: Question about SAR

Originally posted by Stressedoutmum View Post
                            I’ve recently sent a SAR to Assurant Solutions inconnection with a Mortgage PPI complaint we have with them (see my other poston the reclaiming thread). They have replied to say that they will comply withmy request but not until I provide photographic ID for both myself and myhusband. Is this normal practice? We are still at the same address we were whenwe took out the PPI, so why would they be unsure of our identities?

Thanks in advance!
                            Is this normal practice? No it is not - they are deliberately trying to fob you off.

Have you subscribed to AAD+? There is an excellent template letter you could use in there though would need a little adaptation as this is for UE.
                            "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Have a look here for more info -- > AAD+ Members Portal

Best wishes
                              IF
                              "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

I had subscribed in the past to AAD but looks like Iam overdue to subscribe again so I’ll do that asap.

I did send a template SAR letter. I am wondering ifI should just send the ID they are looking for letting them know that as far asI know they should not require this? Also the Ombudsman requires any furtherinfo by 19th May, so I will need to ask them for an extension tothis, they are aware I am waiting for info from Assurant under SAR so would youtell them that Assurant have asked for this ID to make them aware that they aregiving me the run around, as they have from day one?
                                Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                                X