GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script (Un)Reliable Collections - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Un)Reliable Collections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Un)Reliable Collections

It started in 2008 when I lost my job and couldn’t pay what Ambrose Wilson & JD Williams wanted so it got given to RC, they charged me an 'arrangement fee' of just under £100 each.

Since then, up to December last year - I have been late with payments on each up to nearly 8 times and they have returned, if I remember correctly, 3 on each.

Since December, when I made a 'Faster payment' via my online banking, which got cocked up somehow and they didn’t get them. I phoned them up the next day when I found out, I phoned RC and the guy I spoke to set the agreement back to usual payment and cancelled the charge on one of them that showed the 'missed payment', the other one didn’t show anything. Later in Jan I think it was, I got a statement so phoned them back to explain the error again, thus time they said no to sorting it and 'I'll have to speak to my supervisor', they came back with, 'NO, were not changing it'.

So now I have one account that is ok and the other has been set to the standard payment as if its back with the catalogue, i.e. credit charges and a higher payment required.

I have been sending them letters asking why they changed one account back to the agreement of no charges (yeah right) and a lower payment and the other one with charges and a higher payment required. And that I want it put back to no charges and lower payment and to refund the charges and the 'arrangement fee'.

They are completely ignoring me and only selectively sending replies back telling me to call them to come to some arrangement. I have said to them saying 'writing only'.
    I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Re: (Un)Reliable Collections

Why are you bothering....?

Have you considered UE?
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Even though the debt's are mine?
      I did SAR them last year (letters to follow) and they sent me the usual crap with my CURRENT address on it and NOT the one I was at when I opened the accounts. I made the mistake of updating my credit file with Experian and put the address down that I was at when I opened the accounts, shortly after I got 2 more copies of the agreement with the correct address on it (twat!, I know).
      Is there a possibility I can use that against them?
      I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Comment

Originally posted by pooky2483 View Post
        Even though the debt's are mine?
        I did SAR them last year (letters to follow) and they sent me the usual crap with my CURRENT address on it and NOT the one I was at when I opened the accounts. I made the mistake of updating my credit file with Experian and put the address down that I was at when I opened the accounts, shortly after I got 2 more copies of the agreement with the correct address on it (twat!, I know).
        Is there a possibility I can use that against them?
        did you actually sign the agreements though>?
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

removed post as personal details showing
          Last edited by pooky2483; 22 March 2012, 12:11. Reason: Personal details visible on a document

Comment

^^^^ f*cking hell how many

Comment

Questions;

Who is the account with? Ambrose, JD or both? Can you clarify the balances for both and finally can you clarify how long you have held both accounts?

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                ^^^^ f*cking hell how many
                I KNOW....
                Took me bloody ages to scan and edit 'em

Comment

did you actually sign the agreements though>?
                  ???

Comment

I've got accounts with both AW & JD.
                    AW - Dec 2007, JD Jan 2007 (Got statement No. 1), but not <all> of them, some missing.
                    I defaulted in 2008
                    Balance AW £863.50 (They've added nearly £100 in charges this year as this is the one they’re screwing with)
                    Balance JD £553.90

Comment

???
                      Can't remember. Back then was there the digitally signed way you can do it over the internet?

Comment

Post #10 should be AW Dec 2006

Comment

Originally posted by pooky2483 View Post
                          Can't remember. Back then was there the digitally signed way you can do it over the internet?
                          yea, fair enough but that's not what you implied - the way you said it was you had the accounts and moved then got new app's through - so are the accounts both from 2007? if so, based on the small balances I'd really stop communicating with them and just learn to ignore them and eventually they'll get bored and move onto some other poor victim.

Its literally peanuts, let them add £100 a day on - doesn't matter if you tell them to go forth and multiply does it?

Comment

I got one and then a short time after, got the other.

What do you mean by 'moved then got new app's through'
                            'applications'?

So, what you are saying is basically just forget them and stop paying?
                            Wont I be in for more shit from them legally?

Comment

...And the fact that I've been paying them for years?

Comment

Working...
                              X