GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Santander ignoring me - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Santander ignoring me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Santander ignoring me

It all stared on 27 Feb 2012, I sent Santander a letter of appropriation and gave them 2 weeks for a reply.

This quickly passed by so I sent them another letter on 12 March 2012, they have had a further 16 days and I have heard nothing from them, not even a letter acknowledging receipt of any of my letters.

What would be my next call?, OFT,ICO, FO, anyone else?

I'm going to SAR them too to try and get the charges back.
    I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Re: Santander ignoring me

Originally posted by Flowerpower
    Good luck SARing Satander! I did and all I got was like 6 months worth of statements for just a single acct so far… going on since last Dec

See here ---> Reclaiming on accounts older than 6 years - Page 4 - allaboutFORUMS
    Er... aren’t there supposed to be guidelines n stuff they have to follow.
    Maybe something to do with 'Santander' being Spanish, they probably think UK rules don't apply to them.
    And isn’t there a time limit on how long they have to give you the info.
    If I were you, I'd get one of the letters from here and throw it their way, SAR tile limit and and faileur to supply the correct information.
    I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Comment

Originally posted by pooky2483 View Post
      Er... aren’t there supposed to be guidelines n stuff they have to follow.
      Maybe something to do with 'Santander' being Spanish, they probably think UK rules don't apply to them.
      And isn’t there a time limit on how long they have to give you the info.
      Yes - forty days and forty nights, to run concurrently.

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
        I have, it was the subject of a whole Niddy Special! ---> allaboutFORUMS - View Single Post - Reclaiming on accounts older than 6 years

All I got in reply so far was some bull about how sorry they were because I had reason to complain, etc... that was back in January!
        I would have told them, never mind saying they were sorry you felt you had reason to complain and just get off your asses and send me the required info as if you fail to supply it within the time-frame set out by (whoever it is), I will be taking further action.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
          Yes - forty days and forty nights, to run concurrently.
          Isnt that a film?

Comment

I’ve also sent a complaint to FOS about a their business conduct;
            I tried to open a joint account and change my account into a joint one.
            The twat who was doing this for us managed to change my account into a joint account but when it came to opening a new joint account, he couldn’t so instead, decided to change MY old B&B account that Santander now have, into my wife's name, without telling us. And slipping in a Standing Order for £1000.This was one of the conditions of the (supposedly) new account.

Comment

Ok

I had a problem with Santander recently, its not documented on the forum but in the end i got £390 comp out of them.

The easiest way to get their attention is to email this address ceo@santander.co.uk<ceo@santander.co.uk>;

be polite, set out the nature of your issue, and they will reply. They appointed a case manager for my complaint and they were fantastic, they dealt with my complaint professionally and courteously

once you get past the desk jockeys it seems you get things sorted.

Good luck

Comment

Paul, out of interest are you a solicitor?

Comment

Originally posted by pdx2259 View Post
                  Yes in his profile he states he's our preferred solicitor ie we refer all legal content to Paul & his firm.
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by pdx2259 View Post
                    Im a member of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives and i work for a firm of solicitors

Comment

Originally posted by Paul. View Post
                      Ok

I had a problem with Santander recently, its not documented on the forum but in the end i got £390 comp out of them.

The easiest way to get their attention is to email this address ceo@santander.co.uk<ceo@santander.co.uk>;

be polite, set out the nature of your issue, and they will reply. They appointed a case manager for my complaint and they were fantastic, they dealt with my complaint professionally and courteously

Good luck
                      Are you starting a thread - or is it just a private niggle not worthy of much?

I got a result yesterday. See samsmum thread
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                        Are you starting a thread - or is it just a private niggle not worthy of much?

I got a result yesterday. See samsmum thread
                        i may well do actually, it was about poor service and the left hand not knowing the right hand was wiping its ass,

They sorted it eventually, event though they chased me for a debt that was paid over a year ago. kinda funny story so i may well do a quick thread

Comment

Yea do it! I got just shy of £300 off JDW - that's a first

Comment

Originally posted by Paul. View Post
                            Ok

Good luck
                            I sent a complaint to the FOS as Santander basically ignored me after sending a pathetic excuse and didn’t bother in replying to my second letter telling them that they didn’t answer my question.

Comment

At least a complaint to the Fundamentally Obstructive Shitheads will cost Santander £500, whereas a complaint to the Indolent Commissioner's Office will cost them nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X