GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Santander ignoring me - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Santander ignoring me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Santander ignoring me

Hi Pookie,
    I've edited personal details from your pdf file and re-uploaded them

kind regards,

Elsa x

Comment

Hi Pooky,
      Just had a proper read through the letter. So pro bank it's unbelievable! Do you have docs to confirm you had the B&B account?

Elsa x

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
        Hi Pooky,
        Just had a proper read through the letter. So pro bank it's unbelievable! Do you have docs to confirm you had the B&B account?

Elsa x
        I'm currently looking for it now, I had loads of personal stuff on a 500Gb and it went up the spout and Niddy recommended Mauijim.
        I sent it to him to see what he could recover, he got quite a lot off but I'm not sure if I saw the relevant PDF for B&B so I don't know if I still have it. I do remember <ages ago> saving some stuff to DVD but cant find them.
        It does mention in the SAR that they used the account -which used to be the B&B account-
        I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Comment

As you regular readers will know, we have been having issues with joint accounts and the lack of items, well we have Just had a phone call from Mr Webb this morning asking me when it would be convenient for me to go into my nearest branch to get a Debit Card sorted for Mrs Pooky.

He has said for me to e-mail him when I would be able to call into the branch and he will inform them that I will be turning up and to not have me go away empty handed.

All this is because of an e-mail I sent him last week;

Mr Webb

My wife does NOT require a CREDIT CARD, just a DEBIT CARD as she has not got one for the remaining JOINT ACCOUNT.

You say you have REMOVED a 'no mail indicator' from my records, what exactly do you mean? As I read it, we will get mail for products from you to our joint account. We do NOT want any. What we require you to do is check that the SOLE account in my wife's name, Mrs Pooky IS CLOSED and that there is NO mail from THAT account as it is there that the mail is coming from.

Regarding the mail to Mr Unknown, I have already sent you a copy of the mail, if you could check the e-mail I sent you on 23/11/2012, I have sent attachments of BOTH letters sent to our address.

We are also getting to the point where we will be CLOSING ALL accounts and opening up other accounts elsewhere as we feel we are banging our heads against a brick wall as when we ask for things to be done, they are not done correctly or even at all and issues miss-read.

Mr & Mrs Pooky

He has offerer ÂŁ100 in way of an apology, I have sent him an email back;

Mr Webb
          Further to our conversation earlier this morning, as this matter has been dragging on for nearly a year now and has impacted on my wife’s independence, she has had agoraphobia for over 25 years and is only just feeling some independence and the lack of the card has slightly knocked it back. We feel that it would be a greater apology if the compensation would be of ÂŁ100 each if that was not to be putting your nose out of joint in the way as you have offered compensation in the first place.

I have checked our account and he had put ÂŁ100 in already, I am hoping he replies positively to my email and deposits another ÂŁ100 and does not remove the first ÂŁ100. If he does do that then we WILL close accounts and move banks.

So that looks like a result, so much for the FOS sorting this complaint out, they basically backed what the bank did.

I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Comment

Nah, it didn’t work, he didn’t put any more £ in the account.
            I also have an update re FOS.

Thank you for your recent letter to this service regarding your complaint.
            Your complaint was closed on 27 September 2012 after no response was received from you within the deadline set in my letter dated 13 September 2012.
            As it has been over two months since the complaint was closed, your complaint file has been archived at our depot. In order to be fair to both parties to the complaint, I must assess whether it is in the best interest to reopen the complaint. In doing this, I must review the recent information you have provided along with the information already on file and decide whether further investigation is needed. I must say, however, that it is not common for this Service to reopen complaints after an adjudication has been provided for it and the complaint has been closed.
            I will request the case file back from our depot to review it in line with the information you have recently provided. Please bear in mind that it can take upto two weeks for me to receive a case file requested from our depot. Once I have received the case file, I will contact you again to let you know whether I have decided to reopen the complaint or not.
            If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

I complained and sent in further proof that I DID have a B&B account and got this reply.

Many thanks for your previous letter sent in response to my view of your complaint which was issued on 13 September 2012. Please accept my apologies for the delay in getting back to you.
            As you are aware, I provided you with a copy of my view for your complaint on 13 September 2012. The deadline for providing a response to this view was 27 September 2012. You did not get back in touch with this Service until 26 November 2012.
            You have asked for the complaint to be reopened, as you disagree with the view issued for it. Normally, we would expect any response to a view for a complaint which a consumer did not agree with to be provided within the deadline specified on the view letter. As we did not receive a response from you within the deadline set, the complaint was closed a short time after the deadline passed. This is in keeping with our Service procedures for resolving complaints.
            However, in certain circumstances we are able to consider additional information provided after deadlines set for a response. When deciding to reopen a complaint, we must consider whether it is fair to both parties to do so, and whether any material and substantially new information has been provided which would likely alter the outcome of the complaint.
            With this in mind, I have reviewed the further information which you have provided to this Service along with the information already on file for your complaint. As the majority of the further information you provided is the same as the information already on file, I do not think that it is likely that my view of your complaint would change if I was to reopen it. Therefore, I do not think it would be fair to all parties concerned for the complaint to be reopened. However, this does not preclude you from pursuing your complaint through other means (e.g. Citizens Advice Bureau or independent legal advice).
            Consequently, your complaint file will remain closed. I understand that this is not the outcome you were hoping for. However, I hope I have been clear in setting out why we cannot reopen your complaint.

What am utter waste of time the FOS are. I appealed the first decision and THE SAME GUY reviewed it... WTF. I though if I appealed it gets passed FURTHER UP and NOT reviewed by the same person.

Comment

You should reply as follows: it also tells you the processes lol

** change the "To" name

Dear Mr Twat,

I do not accept that your view is indeed independent as you claim, coupled with the fact I have requested this be investigated by a case review officer, I feel your extremely biased and quite ridiculous fob-off needs escalating so please - as previously requested - refer the whole case-file to a case review officer and also treat this as a formal complaint against the Service as I feel you've been anything but fair. I also feel your quite ridiculous time constraints are near in impossible to meet and when I do get round to it you tell me its too late.

Have you considered my health, ability or other things that may hinder my immediate response? You too are guilty of delaying things unnecessarily.

Please have your team manager look into my complaint regards you and your quite absurd ability to miss the obvious. I state I had X account and proved it with data from a SAR yet you still go against this direct proof in favour of your "opinion". That is not what the FOS was intended.

Yours sincerely,
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I must also point out that I have got further by myself, without FOS's help as in Mr Webb had recently given us ÂŁ100 as a sort of apology.

He has also asked me to contact one of the companies who take money via Direct Debits because I pointed out to him that one of the reasons I occasionally have a bounced DD is because the companies send the request for the DD around 4 days before its due to account for processing time and is then taken out of the around on the specified date.

The DD reason is one of the factors as to why Mrs pooky did not get a Debit Card when my account was changed to a joint acc. Mr Webb said that its because of how the account was being handles as to why no card was issued. So, what if I died tomorrow, hows Mrs pooky going to draw any money to live on?

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                  You should reply as follows: it also tells you the processes lol

** change the "To" name

Dear Mr Twat,

I do not accept that your view is indeed independent as you claim, coupled with the fact I have requested this be investigated by a case review officer, I feel your extremely biased and quite ridiculous fob-off needs escalating so please - as previously requested - refer the whole case-file to a case review officer and also treat this as a formal complaint against the Service as I feel you've been anything but fair. I also feel your quite ridiculous time constraints are near in impossible to meet and when I do get round to it you tell me its too late.

Have you considered my health, ability or other things that may hinder my immediate response? You too are guilty of delaying things unnecessarily.

Please have your team manager look into my complaint regards you and your quite absurd ability to miss the obvious. I state I had X account and proved it with data from a SAR yet you still go against this direct proof in favour of your "opinion". That is not what the FOS was intended.

Yours sincerely,
                  Shall I send this by email as I have his email addy or by letter?

Comment

Email )
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

If the DD's caused you to get charges and/or penalties then you ought to complain direct to the firms.

Do that as you can still go to FOS if any were financial DD's.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                        If the DD's caused you to get charges and/or penalties then you ought to complain direct to the firms.

Do that as you can still go to FOS if any we're financial DD's.

Good luck.
                        Most of them were due to me forgetting about them or slightly overspending.

Comment

Re Bank charges, I think I have another thread but I'm not sure or it's in here in an earlier post.
                          check out this post in LB Social Security Administration Act 1992-Section 187

How I interpret what they say is that the SS ruling about charges against SS Benefits are useless so whats the point of the rules therein?

Comment

After sending what Niddy said to send, I got this back;

In Mr Omozusi's absence, I have requested your archive file to look into your request to re-open your file. He has reviewed the further submissions you have made. As you are not happy with this, the only option left is for an ombudsman to review your file from afresh. On doing so, they may or may not agree with Mr Omozusi's assessment of your complaint.
                            The timescales in which we ask for responses are the same for both parties and we do make it clear that if either party would like an extension, we need to know this before the initial deadline. In your case, it seems that Mr Omozusi's original assessment of your complaint did not reach you. For this reason, re-opening your complaint may be a possibility. However, I would like to review the file as soon as received from archiving first.

If agreed, I will arrange for Mr Omozusi to issue letters next week confirming that your case has been put forward for an ombudsman's decision. Please be aware that due to the number of complaints we are currently dealing with, this process is likely to take months as opposed to weeks. We will of course keep you up to date with the progress of your case during this time.

Either myself or Mr Omozusi will be in contact during the next week to confirm the next steps.

Comment

Well, I've got a reply from the FOS.
                              It's NOT the answer I wanted, in fact I'm fuming
                              Ive sent them a quick reply via email saying I believe Santander are withholding the letters of appropriation and that I am going to take it further by involving the ICO and taking them to court if they don’t refund the charges.
                              Attached Files

Comment

So basically, they are saying, the bank cant touch benifit money, unless you deposit it in to an account which is overdrawn.

Bit like saying, we cant touch it if you paid it in to another bank, which is kinda obvious.
                                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                                X