GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Santander ignoring me - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Santander ignoring me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Santander ignoring me

Originally posted by pooky2483 View Post
    p.s. I've already sent a LOA to my branch but got nothing, muppets, so I'll sent the above version to the correct dept.
    You would send it here

Complaints
    Santander UK PLC
    PO Box 1125
    BRADFORD
    BD1 9PG

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I've also just found a letter I sent to them re my LOA, a reminder. So, they have it but are ignoring it as they are still charging me.

[EDIT]
      But I see my LOA is NOT included....
      Last edited by pooky2483; 11 July 2012, 13:10.
      I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Comment

I've also just found a letter I sent to them re my LOA, a reminder. So, they have it but are ignoring it as they are still charging me.
        Send my version, to the address quoted above and see what happens.....

* as an aside, is this your main bank? if so why not change banks?
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Just changed it to a joint acc. That was a task in itself due to them cocking things up and my wife suffering panic attacks and agoraphobia as well as being disabled...
          I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Comment

Just changed it to a joint acc.
            So they are charging you for changing this to a joint account?

Please help me out here....
            1. Is this your main account
            2. Do you owe the bank money (ie other debts)
            3. Why are you being charged, ie what started the chain of events
            4. Is the charges making you go overdrawn to then get unauthorised OD charges as well
            5. Do you have an agreed overdraft
            6. Is benefits the ONLY money going into this account

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              So they are charging you for changing this to a joint account?
              No, it was MY account but due to the hassle Mrs pookys mum had when her husband died by the Bank freezing the account for a time we decided to turn it into a joint account.

Please help me out here....
              1. Is this your main account
              Yes
              2. Do you owe the bank money (ie other debts)
              No
              3. Why are you being charged, ie what started the chain of events
              Its just charges for being occasionally O/D
              4. Is the charges making you go overdrawn to then get unauthorised OD charges as well
              Not recently but sometimes in the past, they have
              5. Do you have an agreed overdraft
              No
              6. Is benefits the ONLY money going into this account
              Yes

Thanks!
              NP

Comment

1. Are you currently overdrawn?
                2. Do you have access to your most recent statements that show the charges?

I am thinking a direct complaint then FOS intervention is the way forward here, a LOA is not ideal as you usually do that when you're in debt to the bank and they suggest/threaten set-off etc.

If it's the occasional charge then I don't think the same rules apply, ie you can argue but the FOS may be best to mediate over this....?

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                  1. Are you currently overdrawn?
                  No
                  2. Do you have access to your most recent statements that show the charges?
                  Yes, can I send it you privately so I don't have to spend ages editing it.

am thinking a direct complaint then FOS intervention is the way forward here, a LOA is not ideal as you usually do that when you're in debt to the bank and they suggest/threaten set-off etc.
                  Nope, that's not the case, they're not hounding me.

If it's the occasional charge then I don't think the same rules apply, ie you can argue but the FOS may be best to mediate over this....?
                  That's the course of action then.

Comment

Just looking at the statements for Abbey/Santander, they only sent me statements as far back as 2009 25 07, it goes further back than that...

Comment

A rough figure I worked out they owe me, £410.00 but I know of some more figures but cant locate them at the mo.

Comment

Sent off that letter you put up in a previous post Niddy, just gonna wait a while now to see what they do...

Comment

Well, just checked Royal Mail and they signed for it yesterday at 06:15, heck, they must get there early.

Still not got my little 'gift' yet either.....

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
                            I've already spent mine!
                            Mine's not money it's a stupid hamper (it says in an internal I saw enclosed with my SAR), better not be wine or similar as I don't drink.

[EDIT]
                            I've got a good mind to email them and tell em to stick their hamper as I've no use nor need for a hamper.
                            Last edited by pooky2483; 18 July 2012, 22:39.

Comment

Just got the post, there was a letter from the Housing Department as I'd previously informed them of a rent increase.

They wanted proof of Benefit (don’t know why they couldn’t check themselves).
                              So I took this as an opportunity to inform them of what my Bank is doing, charging me for bounced D/D's & S/O's, what makes it good is the latest one they are charging me for is a bounced RENT S/O.

Comment

I've been playing e-mail tennis with Trevor @ Satan and after asking him to give me a progress report, he's come back with;

"We have referred the comments you put forward about how the provisions of the Social Security Act may affect the fees on your Santander bank account to our Legal Department. .
                                We should soon have their comments and be in a position to reply to you."

I previously sent them the PDF's, The Social Security Act 1992 and The Social Security Contributions and Benefits Act 1992. Also quoting the lines that they are breaching.

Now, I'm just waiting for a reply from Satan to see what they say...

Comment

Working...
                                X