GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Santander ignoring me - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Santander ignoring me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Santander ignoring me

£50 would be nice.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
      It's more likely to be a pencil sharpener from Barcelona

Looking forward to whatever Satan's will offer ME next...
      Yeah, I'm really intrigued as to what my 'small gift' is going to be,

Goog luck in your quest too Flowerpower
      I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Comment

Originally posted by pooky2483 View Post
        Yeah, I'm really intrigued as to what my 'small gift' is going to be,

Goog luck in your quest too Flowerpower
        A new bank account with a £10 interest free overdraft :P

Comment

I don't believe it... Satan has delivered.....
          I got a nice package from the postie earlier this afternoon. Looks almost a full ream of A4 paper, I pitty the pood bugger that had to sit at a PC and print it all out... NOT
          There HAS to be a 'But'... And there is, they have only sent statements back to 25/07/2009 but the account goes back further than that (when did they take over B&B ?).

Also, on a good point, they HAVE supplied statements for my old Bradford & Bingley account. Sadly, there is ANOTHER 'BUT'... The statements only go back to 01/01/2006 when the account was opened 29/03/1995

There doesn’t seem to be much in the way of 'comms' I noticed literally no letters, either from or to me, or many internal 'comms' either.There were some but not as much as I was expecting. All they really sent me was details on Standing Orders and Direct Debits.

Does anyone know exactly what should be included in the SAR as I'm sure there is something they have left out but not quite sure, just being suspicious as they can fob me off with anything they want as I've never had a SAR before.
          I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Comment

Oh, I nearly forgot. As a 'gesture of goodwill' they are sending me a'a gift'.
            I found out what this 'gift' is going to be, actually quoted in an 'internal' as a 'Hamper', costing a mere £32.

I'm going to have fun tomorrow as I'll be scanning the lot and making it into a PDF.

Comment

Which probably cost them a tenner wholesale. Beggar's belief!
              Could've been worse...a George Forman Grill

Comment

I wonder whether I will also receive a gift from Satan…
                Borrow my dads old army boots, that should do the trick

Do what I did, be cheeky and send them a copy of the SAR PDF, check my thread for the link. Who are you e-mailing or have you not got an e-mail address to write to, I could give you the one for that guy I was e-mailing...

Comment

Thanks Pooky, I have sent this as a letter but not by speedy delivery (2nd class recorded - being mean) ---> allaboutFORUMS - View Single Post - Reclaiming on accounts older than 6 years

Should I also be emailing someone?
                  You can do, to see if he can get things moving a bit quicker as it HAS been rather a long time. Tell him all this and that if you don't get a satisfactory result within one or two weeks (you decide how long to give them) you will be going to the FOS/ICO.

Is it OK to give out his e-mail on here or should I do it in a PM so as to keep his e-mail private so that it's not swamped with people or spam?

Comment

Originally posted by pooky2483 View Post
                    I don't believe it... Satan has delivered.....
                    I got a nice package from the postie earlier this afternoon. Looks almost a full ream of A4 paper, I pitty the pood bugger that had to sit at a PC and print it all out... NOT
                    There HAS to be a 'But'... And there is, they have only sent statements back to 25/07/2009 but the account goes back further than that (when did they take over B&B ?).

Also, on a good point, they HAVE supplied statements for my old Bradford & Bingley account. Sadly, there is ANOTHER 'BUT'... The statements only go back to 01/01/2006 when the account was opened 29/03/1995

There doesn’t seem to be much in the way of 'comms' I noticed literally no letters, either from or to me, or many internal 'comms' either.There were some but not as much as I was expecting. All they really sent me was details on Standing Orders and Direct Debits.

Does anyone know exactly what should be included in the SAR as I'm sure there is something they have left out but not quite sure, just being suspicious as they can fob me off with anything they want as I've never had a SAR before.
                    when i made my sar to santander i got six years of statements then some weeks later i got everything with a letter stating further packages will follow as they are from differant departments but did eventually get everything unfortunatlly all my cca s
                    at the start of this journey i owed
                    £52000.00 UNSECURED £5000.00 SECURED
                    £0000.00 secured debt as of 17/12/2010 fingers crossed
                    on 14/07/2012 i now have £32.000 unsecured and £15.000 unenforceable [thanks to niddy and aad ]
                    as of 17/03/13 its now £26K AND £15K UE
                    ITS COMING DOWN SLOWLY WHILE STILL ENJOYING MY LIFE

Comment

AND there was a covering letter from Trev saying that he'd paid £50 into my current account for all my troubles!

Three Cheers to Pookie for providing the details

Gangshield, are you psychic by any chance? I could do with some help with the lotto numbers...
                      Nice one FP. I've not received my 'gift' yet lol, I bet it's going to be a crappy wine hamper and I don't drink

I'm going to send them another letter ad they have not fully delivered on the SAP, they have missed the opening statements of the Abbey account and not provided full account details of my B&B account. If they can provide me with the form I signed to OPEN the Abbey account, surely they can provide me with opening statements.

I have got another issue that I am going to take to FOS, I informed them that I would be in severe financial difficulty (nearly £500 OD, that’s WITHOUT charges) and that the money going in is benefits. What I got back, I nearly blew a gasket, he basically said tough shit, he said that they had already returned £125 in charges back in Jan and that due to the handling of my account, I am not entitled to an overdraft. Basically NO help at all.
                      Last edited by pooky2483; 6 July 2012, 10:10.

Comment

Condition of being able to have an OD is you have to be in CREDIT for at least SIX MONTHS, inuring no charges such as a bounced DD.
                        I fail to see why someone who is never overdrawn needs an OD? If someone id constantly going overdrawn, that to me is someone who needs one to avoind charges all the time...

Comment

Strange how they handle the O/Ds. When I was getting benefits they showed up clearly as such on my statements and the account was almost always overdrawn, yet I kept my £1,200 O/D. More than two years later, they decided to cut it down to just £250 even though I've hardly gone overdrawn and I've got other accounts with Satan's.

Satan's Den work in very mysterious ways: someone I know has a £2.5k O/D which he actually managed to get INCREASED whilst on benefits. He has been on and off the dole for the last 3-4 years yet his O/D is still in place. Not only that, he recently applied for a £7k consolidation loan to repay the O/D and 2 Satan's cards and got it without any problems! Despite having just finished a short temp booking so no job to speak of...

The are not only irresponsible but also inconsistent lenders, go nail them!

All I can say is ...watch this space

Comment

I used to ignore them which was bad, now when I should ignore them I want to sock it to em

Comment

I sent them an e-mail 7th July;
                              Hi,
                              I have, as mentioned before, received the package regarding my SAR.
                              I would like to bring to your attention that I am still waiting to receive further statements to my Santander (Abbey) account. I am missing the opening statements of the account, you have sent the paperwork that was signed when the account was opened so I expect to receive the statements for the beginning of the account.

Also, I see that you have sent me statements for my Bradford & Bingley account going back only as far as Jan 1st 2006, when in-fact that account was opened in March 29th 1995. I expect to receive these missing statements through the post without delay.

If I do not receive what I am asking for within four weeks as of July 9th 2012, I will be contacting ICO and FOS regarding this matter as you will have failed in your duty to supply me with what is required according to a SAR request.

I must also remind you that you are required to supply me with more than just 6 years of information/statements as you have done.

I got back yesterday;
                              Good morning Mr _______

I have referred your concerns to our Data Protection Department.

They are unable to add anything further to their recent response.

Please let me assure you we are not deliberatively withholding information from you. We have no further details to give you.

Trevor Webb

Isn’t that a breach of something, they don't have all records concerning me, which they should have? What action can I take against them?

Comment

ICO will only say that they need to keep information for as long as is necessary!

Comment

Working...
                                X