GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Santander ignoring me - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Santander ignoring me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Santander ignoring me

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    No.

You apply a SAR to b&b direct as bc only hold the rights so in essence as with all buy outs the new creditor only gets relevant data on cd for each account holder. As you want historical data that was held with b&b you apply to them direct for SAR with new £10.
    Well, it was worth a try, looks like I'll have to fork out another £10 for B&B but that can wait as I want to sort out Satan first.

Also, joint accounts. They'll only send the sole data pertaining to the customer that sar'd. Usually both of you sign the template with £10 each (or send two sar's) to get joint data. If the lender sends it you could complain so it's catch 22 in their favour.
    But what I was on about was, they sent it addressed to just Mrs Pooky and even on the statements was Mrs Pooky and not Mr Pooky & Mrs Pooky, when it was me that sent the SAR!

What I want really is just the statements so I can tell them I want the charges back as it's just benefits going into the account and they’re not allowed to take them in charges. Another thing is they haven’t supplies my full statements as I have records going back further.
    I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Comment

You can also add this into your response

Please note that unless otherwise stated by yourselves and if the above documents are NOT provided, it will be confirmed that you are unable to reproduce/provide in any way shape or form any copies of the above requested documents. You are reminded that you have a duty to inform me if you do not have the above documents. This is confirmed in High Court Law - Ezsias v Welsh Ministers - [2007] All ER (D) 65 (Dec).

Comment

Well, they've got until 10th to reply but I think the chances of that happening are very slim. What would be my next step, The ICO?
        Last edited by pooky2483; 6 June 2012, 12:28.
        I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Comment

I DO NOT *$!%^" BELIEVE THIS

An email I sent to ceo@santander...
          Your message was deleted without being read on 07 June 2012 13:45:25 UTC.
          Final-recipient: RFC822; Maria.Charalambous@santander.co.uk Disposition: automatic-action/MDN-sent-automatically; deleted X-MSExch-Correlation-Key: vzfFJVnWFU6zyy82jtkcGQ== Original-Message-ID: <BLU0-SMTP1975934451907A5E124E96BBB0D0@phx.gbl> X-Display-Name: Charalambous, Maria

Emails aren't always secure, and they may be intercepted or changed after they've been sent. Santander doesn't accept liability if this happens. If you think someone may have interfered with this email, please get in touch with the sender another way.This message doesn't create or change any contract. Santander doesn't accept responsibility for damage caused by any viruses contained in this email or its attachments. Emails may be monitored. If you've received this email by mistake, please let the sender know at once that it's gone to the wrong person and then destroy it without copying, using, or telling anyone about its contents. Santander UK plc Reg. No. 2294747 and Abbey National Treasury Services plc Reg. No. 2338548. Registered Offices: 2 Triton Square, Regent's Place, London NW1 3AN. Registered in England. www.santander.co.uk. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority, except for consumer credit products which are regulated by the Office of Fair Trading. FSA Reg. No. 106054 and 146003 respectively. Santander Asset Finance plc. Reg. No. 1533123. Registered Office: Carlton Park, Narborough LE19 0AL. Registered in England. Santander Corporate Banking is a brand name used by Santander UK plc, Abbey National Treasury Services plc and Santander Asset Finance plc. Santander and the Flame logo are registered trademarks. Ref:[PDB#1-4]

The sheer cheek of it, I am FUMING Virus, my I'M running LINUX OS

It was an email asking for action on my SAR request to see if they could get it off its arse and moving a bit faster.

Last edited by pooky2483; 7 June 2012, 19:40.

Comment

Add the Message Disposition Notification to the complaint you will send to the ICO later this month.

Comment

Calm down! Await the 40 days, send the SAR chaser then go to ICO.

You need to follow process, until 41 days have elapsed since 2+ days after you posted it then they're not in default. Remember, they can post it on day 40 and not be in default.

Just await the full 43 days then they are in default, at which point send this ---> Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Creditor Refusal of SAR

after 14 days you complain to the ICO and send copies of your SAR and SAR chaser and explain the bank have not responded etc....
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

RESULT
                Just had an e-mail conversation with a Mr. Webb at Satan.
                He goes to say, thank you for the e-mail dated 06/06/12 and that he had been trying to contact me to discuss this matter (they have an old number on file).

I tell him all that I got was a list of statements and a SAR is a request for EVERYTHING they hold on me. And inform him of the deadline.

He goes on to apologise for not sticking to the SAR time limit and he wants to be sure they know exactly what I need to avoid further delays. And asks if its just copy statements I need or anything else over the last 6 years.

I tell him that a SAR is a request for EVERYTHING a business or any other organisation that holds information on a person and cheekily send him a copy of the SAR comply PDF. I also inform him that it even includes the e-mail conversation were having right now, I know I could have not said that to try and catch them out but why drag it out over such a small point.

He says that financial institutions are only required to keep customer's documents for 6 years. And I tell him that I'm sure it's 12 years and that I will look into this and let him know.

Comment

im pretty sure that under HMRC guidelines for data retention its 12 year to do with tax issues.

Mainly for things like tax evasion etc
                  I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

I already had that document open, but couldn’t see anywhere it giving a limit of 6 or 12 so thought it was the wrong document, is it the fact that it DOESN’T state a limit. Or am I missing it somewhere?

Comment

Right, I'm going to fire off that link to this Mr Webb and also ask him where in any of Satans documentation it states a 6 year limit,
                      Lets see what he comes back with...

Comment

I've just sent them this;
                        Hi
                        I have a web link for you to have a look at regarding a SAR request SAR
                        It in fact does NOT state anywhere that there is a 6 year limit and therefore does NOT entitle ANY organisation, no matter WHAT they deal in, the right to interoperate or incorporate their own rules creating a limit on data storage.

I would like to see a copy of what document it is that you have that states there is a 6 year limit, regardless of the fact that you may or may not have such document, the fact is, you MUST supply me with ANY and ALL documentation, in ANY form, no matter what the length of the account may be.

Any failure of this is a breach of I.C.O. rules.

I trust this resolves any confusion you may have over the rules and guidelines of what must be follwed regarding a SAR request.

[EDIT]
                        Yes, I know I said ANY form but it must be in written but it sounded good.

Last edited by pooky2483; 9 June 2012, 13:32.

Comment

Just for a letter from Satan this morning, looking good. Lets hope he delivers on his word.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Looks like progress to me I like the choice of wording - "small gift"... :P

Comment

Possibly a typo and they're sending a redundant doorstep collector...

a small git...

Comment

HAHA! :P

Comment

Working...
                                X