GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Santander ignoring me - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Santander ignoring me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Santander ignoring me

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
    Fundamentally Obstructive Shitheads
    Have you decided they needed a name change mate?
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
      Fundamentally Obstructive Shitheads
      Have you decided they needed a name change mate?
      One gets bored - or boring - if one uses the same invective without any change.

Don't you think my backronym suits them?

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
        I will try that route as well as they did the same thing with me, basically just replied with a lot of bull and never actually sent ANY of the SAR, other than a handful of recent statements for the past few months and just for the one account! The SAR letter was sent last December.
        I’ve got another complaint lined up against them regarding my letter of appropriation (LOA) which they are ignoring. Even after sending 2 further letters after the initial LOA.

Santander want a war, they’ve got a war
        I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Comment

Sending a SAR tomorrow, wonder what crap they'll send me.
          I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Comment

All I got back was just statements, from when <I think> the account was opened in 2009 up to today.
            I thought I'd get more than that AND my Bradford & Bingley statements...
            Me thinks they have failed the SAR request.
            ...It was recently changed to a joint account and this stuff they sent back regarding the SAR was just addressed to Mrs Pooky, which I am non too impressed with...(what else have they cocked up with the account)
            Last edited by pooky2483; 22 May 2012, 11:27.

Comment

Any ideas what to send them next?

Comment

I think what you do is write to them, advise them they have 14 days to fully comply, otherwise you will complain to ICO, and take them to court to get an order for disclosure... but I could be wrong - perhaps there is an action that goes in between your current state and this one..?

Comment

This might help:

http://www.uksignboards.com/download.php?id=26544

Comment

This will be most useful for me too as Satan's Den have asked me to send a further £10 if I want to get anything other than 6 months worth of statements they sent me last year!

After they went around buying every other retail bank in the UK, they seem to think English law does not apply to them!
                    So to me, that means they need to provide all the details that Bradford & Bingley held on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow2981 View Post
                      I think I might print this out and mail it to Satan so they can see that they can be fined up to £5k (that's as far as I have just speed-read)

Comment

It seems that they have failed on the first request;

When do I have to reply to the SAR?

You should acknowledge receipt of the request in a letter immediately.
                        To comply with the law you must provide the information requested promptly and in any event within 40 calendar days.

Comment

Is there a template available I can use to send back or shall I write my own letter back to them telling them they need to comply as they have not given me the required info in full and are still under the time limit blah blah blah.

Comment

Thanks for that Flowerpower, I'll ammend it accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by pooky2483 View Post
                              So to me, that means they need to provide all the details that Bradford & Bingley held on me.
                              No.

You apply a SAR to b&b direct as bc only hold the rights so in essence as with all buy outs the new creditor only gets relevant data on cd for each account holder. As you want historical data that was held with b&b you apply to them direct for SAR with new £10.

Also, joint accounts. They'll only send the sole data pertaining to the customer that sar'd. Usually both of you sign the template with £10 each (or send two sar's) to get joint data. If the lender sends it you could complain so it's catch 22 in their favour.
                              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Oh sometimes sending one SAR in joint names and jointly signed with one £10 payment works so always worth a punt

Comment

Working...
                                X