GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Santander ignoring me - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Santander ignoring me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Santander ignoring me

The Law Society is to hold ‘urgent’ talks with Santander to address its ‘grave’ concerns over the lender’s decision to remove hundreds of solicitors from its conveyancing panel.

The move follows claims by the Law Society that hundreds of firms have been taken off the lender’s panel, even after paying a charge of over £100 to have their panel membership reviewed.

Some solicitors who had received letters from Santander to say that they had been removed have since contacted the Law Society to say that they have received a further letter telling them that they are still on the panel.

Santander said that it reviews on a quarterly basis how many transactions its panel firms have conducted with the bank over the previous 12 months, in line with its risk policy.

It said: ‘The firms that have recently been removed are those which have not met our volume requirements and we will continue to review and manage our panel accordingly.’

A spokesman added: ‘Santander has adjusted certain cut-off points for determining the levels of business a firm has undertaken with a Santander mortgage and this has meant that some firms who were to be removed from the early analysis are not now being removed as a result of this review.’

Law Society chief executive Desmond Hudson said: ‘We are very concerned about Santander's actions in reducing further the membership of its panel of solicitors. We retain grave reservations about the methods it is using and are concerned about the effects both on firms and consumers.’

He added: ‘We have contacted Santander, expressing these concerns and are entering into urgent discussions with Santander which we hope will deliver a mutually acceptable solution.’

Hudson pointed out that the lender does have an appeal process for firms who have been removed, which he said had been used successfully by some firms that have been reinstated.

He urged firms who have been taken off the panel to appeal the decision while the Society seeks a ‘more sustainable solution’ with Santander.

Hudson suggested that solicitors who have been removed from Santander’s panel in recent weeks should contact the Law Society’s Practice Advice Service.

Just posted for Info which may be of Interest to peeps:-
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Just got this in the post and I'm NOT HAPPY
      Basically what he says in the letter, according to the 2 SS documents, the Banks are NOT ALLOWED to do what they are doing.

Niddy's going to love this...
      Attached Files
      Last edited by pooky2483; 15 August 2012, 13:27. Reason: Removed personal details
      I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Comment

I have deleted the attachments, please see comments in red above.

Complain to the FOS. Linky --> how to complain – the first steps

Thanks
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by pooky2483 View Post
          Just got this in the post and I'm NOT HAPPY
          Basically what he says in the letter, according to the 2 SS documents, the Banks are NOT ALLOWED to do what they are doing.

Niddy's going to love this...
          niddy isnt the only one as i would be tempted to reply with along the lines of that bank fees are not a Priority debt and can basically bugger off.

also point out to them how they came to this conclusion and hiow it is not only in totality just pure wrong but also a breakage of statue law and that the FOS and also the Press would love to see this exact letter in yet another Santander screw up.

Personally i would open up a new account elsewhere (if not already done so) and get all benefits paid into this new account to ring-fence your money from them.

but yeah definatly think of FOS as a soon step try and force a final response from them and if need be go to the CEO whoms email is ceo@santander.co.uk got from http://www.ceoemail.com/

It will get passed and dealt with properly then as your not happy with this rude and simply wrong response
          I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

^^^^ Nah, pointless - time for FOS intervention mate
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by kilasuit View Post
              but yeah definatly think of FOS as a soon step try and force a final response from them and if need be go to the CEO whoms email is ceo@santander.co.uk got from http://www.ceoemail.com/

It will get passed and dealt with properly then as your not happy with this rude and simply wrong response
              I did email the CEO a while back (look back through here) regarding charges and that e-mail got returned UNREAD, so I sent another one and that got passed to a Mr. Webb who has been dealing with it.
              I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Comment

I sent Trevor@Satan this e-mail last week;

Mr Webb,
                I have been looking through the S.A.R. I received and would like to point out that I have NOT received the £10 Postal Order, as stated on the attached copy of the document mentioning it. As I have not received it, I would like you to post it back to me, if this can not be done, I would like the £10 credited to my account A.S.A.P. Another query regarding a statement in ther S.A.R., it mentions something about 'a gift', what is this 'gift' and when should I expect to receive it.

Also, in your last letter, you write;
                'I note Mrs Pooky was added to the above account on 15 December 2011. Her sole Santander Current Account that was opened the following day and closed on 19 June 2012 was never used. I am therefore unable to understand how you incurred a £30 fee from Creation Finance for a failed Standing Order. Please let me have further Information if you would like to pursue this claim. Please note there are no active standing orders on your Santander Everyday Account.'

Yes, that is correct, we had my Sole Account changed to a Joint Account and was advised by Tom at our local branch, in ***** to open another Joint Account, what he didn’t tell us is that he could NOT open a Joint Account. He left us thinking we had 2 Joint Accounts, which is a matter that I have passed over to The F.O.S. The card details my wife gave to set up the Direct Debit were, we thought, to the Joint Account as we previously went onto the ********** Branch and asked which of the handful of cards we had were for the Joint account and were obviously given the wrong cards back in relation to my wife, Mrs Pooky.

Regarding the £30 charge from Creation finance, I previously sent you a copy of their letter in an email dated 3rd August 2012, stating the charge. I am also enclosing their letter stating other charges liable (including the one they have charged my wife with). There are no Standing Orders for Creation Consumer Finance simply because they are Direct Debits.

I had a phone call from Mr Webb Yesterday and he said he would give us the £30 charge that Creation Finance charged Mrs Pooky and refund the £10 PO that I never got back. We also had a chat about this 'Gift' they are supposed to be sending me and ruled out a 'hamper' and 'a bunch of flowers' which would be of no use at all.

So, what I'll probably do today is send him another e-mail and say that what would be a really nice gesture of an apology would be to credit our account with something in way as an apology which would be more appreciated and usefull.

Comment

Just checked our account and it looks like he's credited us;
                  £30.00 for the Creation Finance charge
                  £10.00 for the return of the SAR fee
                  £30.00 in way of a 'gift' (about the same as what the 'gift' of the hamper would have been)
                  Well, it's <something> at least.

....And yet, they’re taking £25.00 in charges tomorrow. Bloody ironic isn’t it.
                  Last edited by pooky2483; 22 August 2012, 18:24.

Comment

Would you not be better moving banks, ie getting any payments IN sent to a different account - then they cannot keep charging you. However as Trevor issued a final response, a good idea here would be to now go and report them to the FOS and see what they have to do.

Would you say (or be able to classify yourself) as being in financial hardship (ie so we can refer to BCOB; (rules 5.1.1.R & 5.1.4.G) - if so this may assist the FOS and any award they may levy to Santander.... Just a thought

I posted a link to this, above.

Best of luck

Comment

• Re: Santander ignoring me

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                      Would you not be better moving banks, ie getting any payments IN sent to a different account - then they cannot keep charging you. However as Trevor issued a final response, a good idea here would be to now go and report them to the FOS and see what they have to do.

Would you say (or be able to classify yourself) as being in financial hardship (ie so we can refer to BCOB; (rules 5.1.1.R & 5.1.4.G) - if so this may assist the FOS and any award they may levy to Santander.... Just a thought

I posted a link to this, above.

Best of luck
                      Oh, they clearly broke 5.1.4G as I informed Trevor that I would be in financial difficulty;

Hi Trevor,
                      I am very sorry to have to ask this, but I have made an error with my finances and I will be overdrawn by up to £500 and I will not be able to recover from this until possibly December, and that is without charges. With charges, the account will never recover.
                      My, and my wife's income consists only of Benefits and as I understand it, you can not take Bank charges from this money according to Social Security rules and regulations.

I don’t know what to do, I need your help.
                      I have enclosed a spreadsheet of my finances to help you see exactly what I mean and that it will take seemingly forever to recover.
                      Could you please get back to me as soon as possible.
                      Also, so that you can update my records, our telephone number is the same area code followed by ******.

Their reply 'No Help From Bank Edited.PDF'

My reply to that;
                      Hi Trevor,
                      I have just received your letter regarding your reply to my e-mail yesterday. From what I understand of it, you are offering NO help and are NOT willing to waive any charges. To which end means you are putting me in MORE financial hardship with my other financial outgoings such as rent and Utilities which means they could make us homeless and the utilities can be cut off. Also, the other outgoings will add further late payment and missed payment charges..

As I mentioned in my e-mail yesterday, you CANNOT take ANY Bank charges out of my account as they are payments from Social Services to which there are rules that these monies CANNOT be used to pay charges. From your reply, it seems that you are willing to let a customer fall into financial hardship and are not at all bothered to do anything about it.

I would ask that you at least show some compassion and offer help in this matter other that saying, 'You had a refund earlier this year and that’s all you’re getting, so tough luck'

I did however manage to 'tweak' my finances and managed to avoid this, also I have been telling them that the money going into our account is made up of SS/DWP Benefits and they replied with 'Abbey 2012 08 14 01 Edited'

I will be compiling a letter to FOS as soon as mauijim works his magic on my poorly HD, I can then get the letters I have sent them and the ones they have sent me.

Attached Files
                      Last edited by pooky2483; 23 August 2012, 16:57.

Comment

If anyone's interested, I got an email from my Councils Housing Benefit Section.
                        I sent them a note in with the HB Claim form informing them of my Banks actions in relation to taking charges from our Benefits and they emailed me a link;
                        Lending Standards Board - Home Page
                        Here's a PDF too;
                        Attached Files

Comment

I dont understand that statement..

The purpose of the Social Security Administration Act, 1992. Section 187 is to prevent people's benefit money being at risk by it being assigned over to a third party in settlement of a debt. It is not intended to prohibit the applicatoin of bank charges.

Bank charges when applied for going overdrawn ARE a debt and the bank is the third party.. surely !!

Bank charges are in the nature of an expense and are incurred by the holder of the Account.

Crap - Bank charges are a penalty/charge/fee for going overdrawn. We know it they know it.

Benefits are payable in order to help customers meet their expenses and as such it is legitimate for banks to deduct charges from the balance of an account held in that bank.

I doubt anyone can honestly say that Bank charges are a ligitemate living expense - which are mortgage, utilities, food, clothing, etc !!

Where is this plonker coming from ?

Is it not possible for you to open a non fee charging account - Basic Bank account?

Comment

Co op cashminder , although no cheque book is ok . No cheque book but does everything else. Just one issue on it, when you pay a large cheque in they reverse it out until its cleared so I got to Birmingham to find my account showing 5000 overdrawn when it had cleared money in. Was sorted out by next morning and I will know for next time

Comment

Originally posted by Meerkat Militia View Post
                              I dont understand that statement..

The purpose of the Social Security Administration Act, 1992. Section 187 is to prevent people's benefit money being at risk by it being assigned over to a third party in settlement of a debt. It is not intended to prohibit the applicatoin of bank charges.

Bank charges when applied for going overdrawn ARE a debt and the bank is the third party.. surely !!

Bank charges are in the nature of an expense and are incurred by the holder of the Account.

Crap - Bank charges are a penalty/charge/fee for going overdrawn. We know it they know it.

Benefits are payable in order to help customers meet their expenses and as such it is legitimate for banks to deduct charges from the balance of an account held in that bank.

I doubt anyone can honestly say that Bank charges are a ligitemate living expense - which are mortgage, utilities, food, clothing, etc !!

Where is this plonker coming from ?

Is it not possible for you to open a non fee charging account - Basic Bank account?
                              That's why I'm setting the OFT on them, I have got my Hd back from mauijim (Thanks millions for coming to the rescue) and Now I can sort out the relevant letters and email them a PDF of the correspondence between me and Satan.

Comment

Just a short update, I got a letter back from the OFT back in Sept but lost it and only just found it tonight.
                                I cant believe the shit in there.
                                I HAVE had a Bradford & Bingley Account. Since 1995 in fact and it was called a TIMESAVER ACCOUNT. NOT as quoted in the letter, a CURRENT ACCOUNT.
                                They should know that as it is actually in the SAR paperwork I requested earlier and sent the FOS a copy.

There are other points but I will go over them shortly.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Undercover Elsa; 28 November 2012, 10:32. Reason: Attachment removed as personal details visible

Comment

Working...
                                X