GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Pixie's UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pixie's UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pixie's UE diary

The background is that I had a great credit rating, did loads of stoozing, getting low APR balance transfers etc but in reality I was robbing Peter to pay Paul and only ever paying minimum monthly payments.

The availability of work in my job is quite erratic and I had a LBM in February 2010 when I realised that the situation with my debts couldn't continue. When I became (temporarily) unemployed I wrote to my creditors asking to pay reduced payments for a short while. Their unanimous response was "On yer bike!" even though I'd always paid on time previously. I was seriously considering bankruptcy, just waiting to have enough money to pay the fee, when I came across Niddy (Never-In-Doubt) in a thread on another forum. With his help and advice I set off on my UE journey.

Edit:
    Today (8th July) is the first anniversary of me sending my cca requests. I was a jibbering wreck at the thought of what lay ahead.

So what's happened?

I feel like I have definitely got my life back. I'm not frightened to open my post. Dcas and their threats no longer scare me.

Apart from that, not a great deal.
    • Okay, there were numerous phone calls every day but I had my landline taken out so no more phone calls .
    • There has been a whole forest of letters backwards and forwards with a lot of (generally) empty threats from lenders and dcas.
    • There was one wobble when I received court papers for an enforceable debt (it was too new to be considered for UE) but now, a few months on, it hasn't had the slightest effect on my life. There may be other ccjs coming up for other 'new' debts but the thought doesn't worry me at all.
    • Despite many, many threats from dcas, to date I haven't had one doorstep visit.

To anyone reading this who is considering whether or not to try for unenforceability, I hope this has reassured you. There are many of us on here with very similar stories. It's not an easy route to take, it's not debt-avoidance but it is a lifesaver. Go for it! What have you got to lose?

Still not sure? Have a read of this thread UE- One year on
    Key

sent
    received
    other information
    Last edited by Pixie; 9 July 2011, 11:59. Reason: updated info
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Pixie's UE diary

Barclaycard

Balance approx £4000 (and rising, thanks to added interest!!)

8/7 sent cca request
    July received letter from Mercers requesting overdue amount
    July received T&Cs from Barclaycard. Niddy says
    July text received saying account now being managed by Mercers
    July sent query letter
    July letter from power2contact
    July letter sent to p2c saying account is in dispute
    July letter received from Barclaycard - 'final response', have satisfied s.78
    July up-to-date T&Cs received
    July 'claim to have satisfied s.78' letter sent to Barclaycard
    July default notice received from Mercers
    July letter sent to Mercers saying account is in dispute with Barclays
    July letter from Mercers saying that they'll instruct a local dca to visit me if I don't contact them
    July 'doorstep visit' letter sent to Mercers
    August letter from Barclaycard saying that they are trying to trace my signed application form "that I requested", but they are not obliged to produce it under a s.78 request
    August debtor's final response letter sent to Barclaycard
    August copy of application form received
    August 'stop phoning' letter sent to Mercers seems to be working - no calls since I came back!
    September Letter from Barclaycard saying they are sorry that I'm not happy with the level of service I've received and they are investigating
    October letter from Calder - pay in full within 7 days ;LOL
    November 'account sold while in dispute' letter sent
    December Formal Demand for payment received from Barclaycard ignore
    December letter from Debt Managers Ltd saying that as I have failed to respond to the Formal Demand action to recover this debt has commenced
    December 'account sold while in dispute' letter sent to Debt Managers
    December Received 'Urgent Final Demand' from Debt Managers ignore
    January 2 letters received from Debt Managers saying that they were unaware of any ongoing dispute with Barclaycard or CCA request. They have passed a copy of my letter to Barclaycard and await their further instruction
    January Letter received from Debt Managers saying that Barclaycard have fulfilled their obligation under s78. The full balance is now due and I should complete and return the enclosed I&E from along with offer of repayment I&E form NOT enclosed
    February 'Settlement Opportunity' received from Debt Managers. Ignore.
    February Received a 'Notice of Legal Action' from Debt Managers.
    February 'Threat O Gram - Letter before Action' sent.
    April Received notice of intended litigation from Moorcroft
    April 'Threat O Gram - Letter before Action' sent to Moorcroft
    April Acknowledgement letter received from Moorcroft. Account on hold while they investigate. ignore
    July 70% settlement offer received from Moorcroft ignore
    September Big, red 'Notice of Debt Collection' from Westcott
    September 'Account sold while in dispute' letter sent to Westcott
    December Letter from Westcot returning the account to Barclaycard
    Last edited by Pixie; 3 December 2011, 12:18.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Tesco Personal Finance

Balance approx £3500

defaulted June 2010

8/7 cca request sent
      July 'cca' received. Niddy says :UE
      August cca query letter sent
      August letter received saying that they have sent what they needed to and don't consider the account to be in dispute
      August debtor's final response sent
      August letter received saying call immediately or we may transfer the account to an external dca
      September letter received from Triton wanting immediate payment
      September 'Account sold while in dispute' letter sent to Triton
      September Reply from Triton stating that Tesco have fully complied with the Consumer Credit Act and, if I don't contact Triton within 7 days with an offer of repayment, I will leave them with no alternative but to take further action against me without warning or delay letter ignored
      October received another letter from Triton saying how disappointed they are that I haven't paid and that they have no alternative but to consider further action and may request a dca to call on me letter ignored
      November Triton still very disappointed and they are recommending that Tesco should instruct solicitors to start court proceedings
      November 'Threat-O-Gram - letter before action' letter sent to Triton
      November 'stop phoning' letter sent to Triton
      December Letter received from Tesco contradicting themselves - say that they can't uphold my complaint re phone calls but they're going to remove my number from their system
      December Letter from Green's solicitors saying that, as I have not paid the amount owing (ie the total amount of the debt on the card), they're likely to be instructed to commence court proceedings without further notice.
      December 'Threat of Litigation' letter sent to Green's.
      December Letter from Triton saying that Tesco have complied with Consumer Credit Act. If I don't contact them within 7 days to arrange repayment, I leave them with no alternative but to take further action against me without warning or delay.
      December snotty letter from Greens saying that I should have sent my response to Triton. The letter has been passed on and Triton will reply direct I think they already have (see above)!
      January letter received from Newman's saying that I need to contact them to pay the account in full
      January 'Account sold while in default of cca request' (new version) sent to Newmans
      January Letter from Newmans saying that they are investigating my complaint & will suspend collections activities while they are investigating.
      January Letter from Newmans saying that they have conferred with their client and the CCA was sent in July, therefore their client is not in default of CCA request & they consider this matter resolved.
      April Received income and expenditure form from Newmans so that they can consider a payment plan 'suitable to my circumstances.' ignore
      April 2 identical (apart from date) letters from Newmans - Doorstep warning
      April 'Threat of doorstep visit' letter sent
      July 'Immediate payment required' letter received from Fredrickson's.
      July 'Letter before action' received from Fredrickson's
      July 'Threat-O-Gram - letter before action' template sent
      JulyReceived a big yellow 'confirmed resident' card with a threat of immediate litigation proceedings ignore
      AugustReceived letter from Fredricksons - referred matter back to their clients and account on hold file
      September Received letter from Bryan Carter Solicitors demanding payment in full within 14 days or will recommend proceedings be issued without further notice
      September 'Threat by Lender to Commence Litigation' template sent to Bryan Carters
      October Letter from Bryan Carter Solicitors acknowledging my letter to them. They say that Tescos have fully complied with cca request and want my proposals to discharge the outstanding balance or further action will commence
      October 'Enough is Enough' letter sent to Bryan Carters

January 'Notice of Debt Collection' from Westcot
      January Account Sold whilst in Dispute letter sent to Westcot
      January Letter from Westcot - I need to request a cca from Tesco ignore
      March Letter from Westcot saying that their client sent all the required documents in 2010 ignore
      March Letter from Nelson Guest offering a discount to settle my debt and avoid further recovery action. ignore
      April Another copy of the letter saying that their client sent all the documents in Oct 2010 ignore as before
      June Letter from Nelson Guest threatening further recovery action unless I pay, or make arrangements to pay, within 10 days ignore
      June Doorstep Collection letter from Westcot
      June Threat of Doorstep Visit template (amended to remove telephone harassment part) sent to Westcot

February NoA received. Has been assigned to Hoist with RobWay managing the account.
      March Letter from RobWay offering 50% settlement filed
      Last edited by Pixie; 11 March 2016, 13:44.

Comment

mbna

Balance approx £6500

Defaulted June 2010

8/7 cca request sent
        Julyapplication form and up-to-date T&Cs received. Niddy says
        July cca query letter sent
        August Default notice received (but defaulted on credit report in June)
        August letter saying contents of my recent letter (cca query) have been noted. Because of the arrears on my account, it has now been defaulted and may be sold in due course
        November letter received from Arrow Global/Westcot saying that they now have my debt and to contact them regarding payment of account
        November 'account sold while in dispute' letters sent to both Arrow Global and Westcot
        November letter from Westcot saying that they are investigating my query
        December Letter from Westcott saying that I need to contact their client (Arrow Global)with cca request I've already requested cca from mbna so will ignore for now and see what happens
        January 'Notice of Debt Collection' received from Westcots saying that I've to pay in full or contact them by the date specified. If I fail to reply to the notice they will take the action detailed. No date specified and no details given of the action.
        January 'Final Notice' received from Westcot. Unless I pay the full amount by 24/1collection activity will continue on the account.
        January 'Threat by lender/dca to commence litigation/ doorstep visit' letter sent
        February Letter received from Arrow Global re letter (above) sent to Westcot. They do not accept that they are the creditor but are "willing to assist in obtaining that which has been requested. We will now process your request for documentation from the creditor and will revert in due course." Wait and see what they get from mbna.
        March Received application form and T&Cs from Arrow Global exactly the same that i received from MNBA in July except the current T&Cs have changed.
        March 'Missing Prescribed Terms' letter sent to Arrow Global.
        November Received threat of a doorstep visit from Debt Managers
        November Sent "Account sold while in dispute" with an added paragraph about doorstep visit
        November Letter from Debt Managers. They are unaware of any dispute so contacting clients. Also dealing with my dissatisfaction (doorstep visit) through their complaints process

January "Account on hold" letter from Debt Managers
        February Letter from Debt Managers saying that Arrow Global have asked them to continue with collections as there is no outstanding dispute on the account. Also enclosed I&E form for my repayment proposals
        February Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | CCA Query - Creditor Refusal to Accept UE Status sent to Debt Managers
        February Letter from Debt Managers returning account to client
        August Letter from Arrow Global saying that the management of the account has been transferred to Clarity Credit Management Solutions Limited
        August Sold While in Dispute sent to CCMS
        August Letter from Clarity saying they have passed my letter (SWID) to Arrow for investigation and will be in touch when they receive Arrow's response ignore
        October Letter from Clarity with MBNA application form and T&Cs - the same as sent by Arrow Global in March 2011
        October Missing Prescribed Terms sent to Clarity
        October Letter from Clarity - account on hold while they contact the client.
        October Letter from Arrow Global - account on hold until they issue their final response
        November Letter from Clarity - account still on hold
        December Letter from Arrow - they say they have complied
        DecemberCreditor Refusal to accept UE status sent to Clarity
        December Letter from Clarity saying Arrow are still investigating (dated after Arrow letter!)

August Letter from Moorcroft saying they're acting as collection agent for Arrow Global
        August SWID sent to Moorcroft
        October Letter from Moorcroft saying they've put my account on hold for 14 days. Also enclose a copy of "CCA"
        Last edited by Pixie; 20 October 2015, 09:59.

Comment

GE Money (loan)

Default November 2010

Balance approx £3000

8/7 cca request sent
          July cca received. Niddy says UE
          July cca query sent
          August letter received rejecting my claim that cca fails to contain prescribed terms. Niddy now says enforceable - unless he can see what made him say UE in the first place
          November letter received saying that I'm in arrears. If I don't pay by the date shown, then my account may be sold to a third party debt purchaser
          November Telephone harrassment letter sent
          November - January several letters and phone calls saying that my account is in arrears
          February Annual statement received
          February Letter from Link Financial Ltd headed "sale of your debt" and saying that GE Money has assigned them my debt.
          February Letter from Link Financial asking me to call them.
          July cca received from Link
          August Letter from Link. They are sure I had every intention of paying the debt back when I took it out (I'm sure I've already paid it back!)If I don't take action then they may place my details with their Asset Investigation Department to validate my personal data and pursue any action that may prove necessary
          August 'Notice of Sums in Arrears' from Link
          September Letter headed 'Ignoring this notice will not make this debt go away' - asking me to call them to discuss the options available to settle the debt. If I don't offer to repay the account they may review the information held on me by the CRAs to ascertain how they can best ensure that this debt is repaid
          October 'Final Notice' received from Link with the usual threats
          November Letter received from Link saying that they've obtained a phone number for me from a CRA and I've to phone them if the information is incorrect will ignore and file away
          February statement received
          March Letter received from Link saying that I have failed to satisfy the sum outstanding and they are going to pass the account to the team at Instantsilver who will contact me with the intention of collecting on this balance unless Link hear from me within the next 7 days. After Googling Instantsilver, it seems that they are part of Link. I'll wait and see what gets sent next.

November Received letter from Robinson Way saying that I have to pay this or agree a suitable repayment plan...usual threats
          November Sent "account sold while in dispute" letter
          Last edited by Pixie; 2 December 2012, 18:27.

Comment

Nicely done, let us know when you get the other CCA's back - regards to GE Money, lets just keep arguing that for now.......
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Tesco

Letter from Triton wanting IMMEDIATE payment of full amount or if I can't pay full amount, then to ring them IMMEDIATELY. Why do they think keep repeating immediate in capital letters is going to make any difference? ;LOL

Do I just ignore as Triton is still part of RBS?

Comment

Originally posted by pixiechick
                Tesco

Letter from Triton wanting IMMEDIATE payment of full amount or if I can't pay full amount, then to ring them IMMEDIATELY. Why do they think keep repeating immediate in capital letters is going to make any difference? ;LOL

Do I just ignore as Triton is still part of RBS?

Send this to Triton: ---> viewtopic.php?p=2310#p2310
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

GE Money (loan)
                  August letter received rejecting my claim that cca fails to contain prescribed terms. Niddy now says enforceable - unless he can see what made him say UE in the first place

Hiya

Just leave this for the time being, don't stress - see what they come back with, we're blagging it technically, so see what their next move is...... ;Spank

Comment

mbna

August letter saying contents of my recent letter (cca query) have been noted. Because of the arrears on my account, it has now been defaulted and may be sold in due course
                    As above, just ignore - nothing to send back for now... see what they respond with yea? ;-y

Comment

By the way - this example of a diary is perfect - i've suggested everyone copy it when they do one, well done makes my life sooo much easier as I can quickly look at things and then update as appropriate, obviously you just add a new post saying "updated" so it bumps it back up and I know to check, otherwise just updating original posts will get missed as it retains the original post time/date.....

See here - and be proud, this is a perfect diary (in my opinion and being I check the diaries, that's the only opinion that matters lol): ---> viewtopic.php?p=6789#p6789

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt
                        By the way - this example of a diary is perfect - i've suggested everyone copy it when they do one, well done makes my life sooo much easier as I can quickly look at things and then update as appropriate, obviously you just add a new post saying "updated" so it bumps it back up and I know to check, otherwise just updating original posts will get missed as it retains the original post time/date.....

I found this out on Saturday ;Red so in future I'll do as you say with an "updated" post and the updated info marked by asterisks

See here - and be proud, this is a perfect diary (in my opinion and being I check the diaries, that's the only opinion that matters lol): ---> viewtopic.php?p=6789#p6789
                        Wow!! Thank you for the praise. Promise I won't get big-headed (well maybe just a tiny bit.. ) ;LOL

Comment

Marks and Spencer

Defaulted October 2010

Balance approx. £1400

September Sent cca request
                          October Received cca which Niddy thought it would be because of the date
                          October Final Demand received, for full payment of balance or they'll get the dcas in and give me a default. I've to ring them within 48 hours to agree repayment of the debt. ignored
                          Novemberletter received saying that I'm in arrears
                          November Letter received from Rockwells asking me to phone the pre-legal department
                          November 'Threat to Commence Litigation' sent to Rockwells

December Letter from Rockwells saying they are seeking further information from their client ignore
                          December Letter from Rockwells saying that M&S have complied with cca request and they now need firm and realistic payment proposals. Account on hold for 14 days to allow time for my response
                          January Sent 'Debtors final response' to Rockwells
                          January Letter from Rockwells saying they will not enter into further discussions and further recovery action will commence unless they receive firm and realistic payment proposals within 14 days.ignore
                          February Letter from Rockwells saying I have to pay in full within 7 days or they will take immediate action: a debt collector may call or they may request a ccj
                          February Received 'Final Notice Before Action' from Rockwells
                          February sent 'Threat to Commence litigation' letter to Rockwells
                          February Letter from Rockwells referring back to my 'Debtors final response' letter. They are referring back to M&S for further instructions
                          June 'Full Payment required' letter from Gothia/ Red Castle. If I don't pay they may apply for ccj.
                          June 'Default of cca request' letter sent to Gothia/Red Castle
                          JuneLetter from Gothia/Red Castle - they have forwarded my letter disputing the debt to M&S. Account on hold until they receive a response from M&S
                          July Letter from Gothia/Red Castle offering me various options for paying(none of which I can afford) ignore
                          July Letter from Gotha/Red Castle saying that M&S have confirmed that they have responded to my cca request and enclosing a copy of recorded delivery receipt. I need to contact Red Castle to discuss a suitable payment arrangementignore
                          August Letter received from Gothia/Red Castle saying that I have to call them by 01/09/21011 or they will consider a)) a warrant of execution, b) a home visit, c) an attachment of earningsignore
                          SeptemberLetter from Resolution Legal Services. Unless I respond by 08/10/2011 with full settlement or agree to substantial repayments, then they will consider the commencement of legal proceedings against me
                          October 'Threat-O-Gram - Letter before Action' sent to Resolution Legal Services
                          October Letter from Resolution saying they are investigating further and they are ceasing all action on my account ignore
                          November Letter from Gothia referring to my recent letter (that I sent to Resolution!) My complaint is still being investigated and they will advise further in due course ignore

March Letter from Credit Security Ltd saying that they've been instructed by M&S to recover this debt.
                          March Letter from M&S saying that they have asked Credit Security to take responsibility for my account.

March Letter from M&S saying they have sold my account to Marlin Europe Limited
                          March Letter from Marlin (in same envelope as M&S letter) saying they are now the owners of the account and to contact them in the next 5 days
                          March Sent 'Account Sold while in Dispute' to Marlin
                          March Received reply from Marlin saying they are not considering legal action at the moment and are getting in touch with M&S for further information.
                          October Statement of Account from Marlin filed
                          Last edited by Pixie; 3 February 2014, 09:49.

Comment

Lloyds TSB

Balance approx. £5500

September Sent cca rquest
                            October cca received Niddy says
                            October cca query sent
                            October letter asking me to phone them if I've not already made a payment or if I think there's going to be a problem making future payments on time ignored
                            November Telephone harrassment letter sent
                            November letter received saying that I'm in arrears and have to call them to explain my conduct
                            December received a 'card' saying that their representative would be calling my home and to ring if not convenient - the date for the call is 2 days before I received the card!! no visit or phone call received on that day dy :bert
                            December received a letter saying that my phone number is being removed from their system
                            December received letter from power2contact saying that LTSB have lost contact with me. If I don't get in touch with LTSB in 3 days they will instruct one of their 'Resolution Officers' to visit me at my address
                            December sent 'sold while in dispute'/'doorstep visit' combination letter to power2contact
                            January Letter received from SCM Solicitors saying to pay within 14 days or legal proceedings may be instigated against me without further reference.
                            January 'Threat by lender/dca to commence litigation' letter sent
                            February Letter received from MHA Collections asking for the arrears on the account to be paid immediately. If I don't pay SCM Solicitors may commence legal proceedings.
                            March 'F&F Special Offer' letter received from MHA collections
                            March 'Reduced monthly payments special offer' letter received from MHA Collections.
                            March Letter received from MHA Collections asking me to phone them urgently - and I can even use a phone at a LTSB branch.
                            March 'Account sold whilst in dispute ' letter sent to MHA
                            April letter from MHA. They've passed my 'account in dispute' letter to LTSB. They also want me to call them to talk about my account and want my contact number ignore
                            April Letter received from LTSB saying they've received my complaint and sent it to their 'specialist Customer Relations Department' ignore
                            April Letter from LTSB disputing that the cca is UE. ignore
                            May Received notice of intended litigation from Moorcroft
                            May 'Threat O Gram - Letter before Action' sent to Moorcroft
                            May Received a letter entitled 'Important Information-Possible Litigation' from Moorcroft
                            May 'Enough is enough' template letter sent to Moorcroft
                            May Letter received from Moorcroft saying account on hold while they investigate (presumably in response to Threat O Gram letter as they haven't had time to receive and respond to 'enough is enough' letter
                            July Letter received from Moorcroft entitled 'Important Information-Possible Litigation'
                            July sent updated 'Threat O Gram - Letter before Action'
                            July Received a 'monthly instalment offer' from Moorcroftignore
                            July Letter from Moorcroft. Account put on hold while they investigate.
                            August Letter from Moorcroft. Account put on hold while they investigate.Again!!
                            September 'Formal Demand for Payment' received from Robinson Way
                            September 'Account sold while in Dispute' letter sent to Robinson Way
                            OctoberLetter from Robinson Way - collection activity stopped while they make enquiries about my dispute.
                            November Letter received from Robinson way saying that they're still waiting for a response from LTSB - even though they've reminded them that the query is outstanding
                            December Letter from Robinson Way - returning account to Lloyds TSB

February Letter from Fairfax Solicitors requesting immediate payment of full amount or they may commence legal proceedings
                            February 'Threat to Commence Litigation' letter sent to Fairfax Solicitors
                            February Letter from Fairfax Solicitors - they weren't aware that the account was subject to cca request so account on hold
                            February Letter, 'agreement' and T&Cs received from LTSBThese are the same as those received 18 months ago so I'll see what they come up with next
                            August Letter from Credit Security Limited saying they've been instructed to recover the debt
                            August "Account Sold While in Dispute" letter sent to Credit Security.

July Letter from Capquest. LTSB have sold the account to them and Debt Managers have been appointed to manage it.
                            August Letter from Debt Managers wanting immediate payment of full amount or contact them to make a "reasonable and realistic" payment arrangement.
                            August "Account Sold While in Dispute" letter sent to Capquest.
                            August "Account Sold While in Dispute" and only in writing letter sent to Debt Managers.
                            August Letter from Debt Managers. They are no longer dealing with the account, file closed and returned to Lloyds Banking Group.
                            September Letter from Capquest saying that LTSB have no record of CCA request being received.
                            September Copy of original cca request and copy of LTSB's response sent to Capquest.
                            October Telephone Harassment letter sent to Capquest
                            November CCA Request sent to Capquest
                            November Letter from Capquest...account on hold for 28 days while they get the cca

January Big thick envelope with lots of statements but account still on hold until they get the cca
                            Last edited by Pixie; 4 January 2014, 18:37.

Comment

Capital One

Balance approx. £4000

Defaulted January 2011

September Sent cca request
                              October received reply saying that they need more time to investigate
                              Octobercca received Niddy says
                              October cca query letter sent
                              November letter saying that I've missed a payment
                              November letter thanking me for writing to them about my account (cca query) and that they'll need some time to investigate
                              November telephone harrassment letter sent
                              November letter received saying they're looking into my situation - I think in response to telephone harrassment letter
                              November letter received saying that they've satisfied s.78
                              November letter received saying that they're going to carry on phoning anyway
                              December Notice of Default received ignore
                              January letter received saying that this is my last chance to stop the default process ignore
                              January Default notice received
                              January Letter from FPC Debt Collection Services (Fredricksons) saying I must phone them to make a payment to bring the account up to date. If I don't then action to enforce the debt may be taken without further notice.
                              January New 'account sold whilst in default of cca request' sent to fpc
                              February Letter from fpc saying that they recently wrote to me but have failed to receive an adequate response. If enforcement action is taken it will affect my credit file and may impact on my ability to obtain credit in the future. I think the defaults have already taken care of that!
                              February (in same post as above) Big yellow card - 'Confirmed resident'. Trace enquiries show you as living at this address. Ermm, yes. My letter to you was sent from this address!!
                              February Letter from fpc. They have referred the matter to their client and have put the account on hold in the meantime.
                              February Letter from fpc saying that they can confirm that their client has no record of receiving a request for documents under the Consumer Credit Act.
                              February Letter sent to fpc with copy of letter from Capital One in response to my cca request. Asked them to refer it back to Capital One.
                              March Letter received from fpcsaying they want to know what the dispute is with Capital One. If it's about the agreement I need to complain to Capital One.
                              March Sent a copy of dispute letter, originally sent to Capital One, to fpc.
                              March Received a letter from fpc saying they are putting collection activities on hold for 15 days to allow me to contact Capital One (by phone!) for the information I require. Will ignore (unless I decide to send them a sarcastic reply!)
                              March Didn't send the sarcastic letter but received letter from Capital One saying thank you for wring to them about my account (I didn't!) and they need time to look into my situation. This is exactly the same letter I received in October and November.
                              April Received a letter from Capital One saying they have complied with s78, the agreement is enforceable and they will continue to treat it as such. They also enclosed a copy of the letter they sent me in November - saying the same thing but quoting Carey and McGuffick
                              April Letter from fpc saying that, unless I pay, they will advise Capital One to refer for further enforcement. Go on to say that legal action may be taken. Ignore
                              April Letter from fpc saying that they are instructed to organise an arrangement for payment and I must contact them to prevent their client taking further action. ignore
                              May letter from Capquest. If I don't contact them they will pass the account to their solicitors who will take further action
                              May 'New-account sold while in default' letter sent to CapQuest
                              May letter from CapQuest saying that they've checked my circumstances and there are no ccjs registered against me (brilliant checks!) and they are not seeking immediate repayment in full but can offer me several repayment options and possible settlements. (ignored)
                              May (received same day as above) Letter from CapQuest saying they were unaware of any dispute so they are now closing the account on their system. (ignored)
                              May Letter from Fredrickson saying that capital One have passed the account to them (again!) and they require immediate payment and I MUST contact them IMMEDIATELY
                              May Letter sent to Fredricksons with copies of previous correspondence and telling them to refer it back to Capital One
                              June 'Letter before Action' received from Fredricksons
                              June 'Threat-O -Gram - letter before action' sent to Fredricksons
                              June Final response letter from Capital One
                              July Please phone us letter from Fredricksons ignore
                              July 'Letter before action' received from Fredrickson's
                              July 'Threat-O-Gram: letter before action' sent
                              July Received letter from Bryan Carter Solicitors giving me 14 days to pay or they will recommend that their client issue proceedings without further notice
                              July Sent 'Threat-O-Gram' letter to Bryan Carter
                              August Received letter from Fredrickson's - account on hold while they refer back to clientignore
                              August Letter received from Fredrickson's - they want me to ring them ignore
                              September Letter received from Fredrickson's - final opportunity to pay before they recommend their clients to instruct solicitors to issue a claim
                              September 'Threat to commence litigation' template letter sent to Fredricksons
                              September Letter from Fredricksons - Capital One have complied with cca request. If they don't hear from me within the next 10 days with payment proposals further action will commence.
                              September Big yellow 'Confirmed Resident' card received from Fredricksons
                              September 'Threat by Creditor - Enough is enough' letter sent to Fredricksons
                              October Letter from Capital One saying the dca is no longer managing my account ignore
                              October Letter received from Capital One saying that they have satisfied my s.78 request

October Capital One have sold my Account to Cabot Credit Management Group
                              NovemberSWID sent to Cabot
                              November Letter from Cabot saying that they have requested the further information and CCA from the original creditor. Account on hold.

January Letter from Cabot apologising for the delay as they have not received the required information from the original creditor.
                              March Letter from Cabot. They've contacted the original creditor who say that the documents requested were provided in 2010 and they've sent further letters re-iterating that. Cabot have now closed the dispute and I'm going to be hearing from their Customer Operations Department. filed
                              August Letter from Cabot thanking me for my request for information under sections 77-79 of Consumer Credit Act 1974 (I haven't sent a CCA request!) They acknowledge the 12 day time limit but, as they have to request the information from the original creditor they anticipate that they will be able to provide it within 40 days. In the unlikely even they can't provide it within these time limits they will write again. Filed
                              DecemberLetter from Capital One thanking me for my recent letter and saying that my account has been sold to Cabot who will be contacting me shortly. Filed
                              Last edited by Pixie; 9 December 2016, 13:38.

Comment

Working...
                              X