GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Pixie's UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pixie's UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pixie's UE diary

PS Don't feel bad about internet - though not having access to it has been driving me crazy!!
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by pixiechick
      Erm... the account isn't in dispute...

The Rockwell letter says that if I phone I will be "asked to provide a full statement of income and expenditure in order to validate any instalment/temporary arrangement."

Should I just send a letter saying what you said above (ie I don't own my own home and I'm not working) or wait to see what happens & then write?
      The account is in dispute - they just don't know it yet! (you can formally place any account into dispute whenever you want)! The reason you'll give is that you do not remember agreeing to such terms and feel they may have falsified them (obv you won't go as far as court so don't worry).....

I would send that letter to get them to return the account to the OC - it buys you time and lowers the OC's credibility if they do attempt action. can you confirm, are you "bothered" if you got a ccj or not? I mean, if they try for one you can ignore it and then one would be automatically granted to which you just "ignore" everyone for 6yrs and they go away

* yep highly dodgy (ethically) but so what - it is not illegal to hide from a genuinely disputed debt that you feel you've been let down with!
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt
        The account is in dispute - they just don't know it yet! (you can formally place any account into dispute whenever you want)! The reason you'll give is that you do not remember agreeing to such terms and feel they may have falsified them (obv you won't go as far as court so don't worry).....

I would send that letter to get them to return the account to the OC - it buys you time and lowers the OC's credibility if they do attempt action. can you confirm, are you "bothered" if you got a ccj or not? I mean, if they try for one you can ignore it and then one would be automatically granted to which you just "ignore" everyone for 6yrs and they go away

* yep highly dodgy (ethically) but so what - it is not illegal to hide from a genuinely disputed debt that you feel you've been let down with!

No I'm not "bothered" about getting a ccj - my credit rating's completely fooked now anyway.

Not sure what you mean in the bit I've highlighted (not sure where the 'thicko' smiley is )

BTW Not too bothered about dodgy ethics either - that means I'm as bad as the banks!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Phone call this morning, when rang 1471 it's Fenton Cooper. I've found out that these are part of the same group as Rockwells but I think they must be dealing with another debt. As with Rockwells, I'll wait until they write...

:banhdca

Comment

Thanks for updates Pixie - don't worry, nothing to do right now......

I'll explain the other point above, in PM over the weekend
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

A couple of letters this morning from GE Money, both dated the same day. One is just for a fee of £30 for the default Notice (this relates to the Default Notice they sent me at the beginning of November.) The other is a demand that I pay the arrears of nearly £700 within 7 days or the full amount will become payable, for which they have charged me £25.

The other is a letter from Lloyds TSB, just saying that I am in arrears and won't be able to use my credit card. As this is unenforceable I'm just going to file the letter

Comment

A couple of letters this morning from GE Money, both dated the same day. One is just for a fee of £30 for the default Notice (this relates to the Default Notice they sent me at the beginning of November.) The other is a demand that I pay the arrears of nearly £700 within 7 days or the full amount will become payable, for which they have charged me £25.

The other is a letter from Lloyds TSB, just saying that I am in arrears and won't be able to use my credit card. As this is unenforceable I'm just going to file the letter
                Hiya, yea just ignore both for the moment Pixie

Comment

Wow! that was a quick reply!

Comment

Just lucky I was online and up-to-date lol......

Working on website elements and stevieb must be in bed, you know these southerners - no stamina

Comment

You're taking your life in your hands saying that with all the southerners on here but I agree with you

Comment

You're taking your life in your hands saying that with all the southerners on here but I agree with you
                        PARDON?
                        (Suvverner here!)
                        Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
                        SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

A couple of letters this morning:

Capital One's response to the telephone harrassment letter saying that they will not be able to meet my request for them only to make contact in writing. Also say that if I record the calls I do not have their authority to use them in any action. It won't matter soon because I'm either getting rid of my landline altogether or changing the number cooter :zoot

The other is from Lloyds TSB saying that it would appear that this account is currently a low priorty to me - dead right it is!! They also want me to phone them ( as if) and give an explanation of my account conduct to date. :bert iggy

I'm going to ignore both.

Comment

Comment

A couple of letters this morning:

Capital One's response to the telephone harrassment letter saying that they will not be able to meet my request for them only to make contact in writing. Also say that if I record the calls I do not have their authority to use them in any action. It won't matter soon because I'm either getting rid of my landline altogether or changing the number cooter :zoot

The other is from Lloyds TSB saying that it would appear that this account is currently a low priorty to me - dead right it is!! They also want me to phone them ( as if) and give an explanation of my account conduct to date. :bert iggy

I'm going to ignore both.
                              Hiya, that's right - ignore both nah nah

Comment

Letter today from GE Money adding another £25 to the debt for a 'Calling In Notice' - whatever one of those might be.

They wouldn't accept token payments when I asked and they're really annoying with their phone calls, and they keep changing the number they phone from - but that won't matter soon

I answered the phone to them today as I was expecting a call but just put it down when they said who they were. At least they said who they were. Capital One just said goodbye when I asked who they were.

Also letter from Rockwells saying they're seeking further information from their client

Comment

Working...
                                X