GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Pixie's UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pixie's UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pixie's UE diary

Urgent (aren't they all? ) Final Demand from Debt Managers re Barclaycard. Sent 'account sold while in dispute' letter just before Christmas so I will ignore.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Received 2 letters today (both run-of-the-mill so ignoring) BUT one dated Christmas Day and the other Boxing Day!! Have these :zoot :bert :beaker not heard of Christmas??!!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by pixiechick
        Do I need to buy time? The MBNA agreement is UE so they can't take me to court can they?
        They shouldn't try anything, no - however that's not to say they wouldn't try but we always knew, as you do not own your own pad - a CCJ doesn't matter in the slightest to you really, it is no barrier to work, housing etc.....
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Received two 'nice' letters this morning - unfortunately both from enforceable cards.

First is from Santander (Asda credit card - amount outstanding approx £3500). Saying that I've failed to make the agreed payments towards the concessionary arrangement on my account. TBH they have been quite good - I was making £1 per month token payments until August and they aren't charging interest. Not sure whether to start paying again but they will probably start adding interest soon or whether to continue to ugnore them in the hope that they will sell on to dca and then maybe I might be in a position to make a F&F.

Second is from Rockwell's re M&S credit card. Calling their bluff didn't work for very long They say that M&S say that they have sent full cca documents in October and they now require my 'firm and realistic repayment proposals' and have put the account on hold for 14 working days to allow me time to respond. As I'm still unemployed I don't really have any repayment proposals but I've read that M&S are pretty keen on going for ccjs.
          Santander - Don't recommence repayments, no need to. They can get a ccj all they want, then what? Point is, don't worry - but definitely don't start repayments....

Rockwells - send this back: ---> viewtopic.php?p=2317#p2317
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Urgent (aren't they all? ) Final Demand from Debt Managers re Barclaycard. Sent 'account sold while in dispute' letter just before Christmas so I will ignore.
            Yep, just ignore it....

Comment

Received 2 letters today (both run-of-the-mill so ignoring) BUT one dated Christmas Day and the other Boxing Day!! Have these :zoot :bert :beaker not heard of Christmas??!!!
              Yet more, automated unprofessional junk eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt
                Second is from Rockwell's re M&S credit card. Calling their bluff didn't work for very long They say that M&S say that they have sent full cca documents in October and they now require my 'firm and realistic repayment proposals' and have put the account on hold for 14 working days to allow me time to respond. As I'm still unemployed I don't really have any repayment proposals but I've read that M&S are pretty keen on going for ccjs.
                Rockwells - send this back: ---> viewtopic.php?p=2317#p2317
                I assume you're trying to confuse Rockwells cos you're sure as hell confusing me!!!

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt
                Yet more, automated unprofessional junk eh?
                That's what I thought - but they're still muppets!

PS I find it amusing that the first letters dcas/solicitors send you are on fancy, coloured, letterheaded paper. The follow-ups are on bog standard copier paper

Comment

I assume you're trying to confuse Rockwells cos you're sure as hell confusing me!!!
                  Sorry, its not intended. Basically, you have nothing to add so you need to amend and send that template which is your version of a final response back, basically telling them "Listen, this is my argument - i'm finished with this bull unless you pull your finger out and do things properly and send what I asked for"....

the fact of enforceability / unenforceability doesn't really matter right now..... they are making threats, you need to state why you disagree. That is all.

You do not have to explain to them what is wrong, only that you believe something to be wrong.... let them work out exactly what it is, if they can't and they try court then we can sometimes win based on this.

Any better, or still in the dark? gh

Comment

Still in the dark....but I'll send off the template you suggested. (it'll get them scratching their heads, if nothing else!)

Comment

cheeky sod! Maybe we're just too intelligent for you eh?

* Niddy runs while he still has legs....

Comment

If I ran after you, I'd just give you a big kiss for all the help you've given me (that'll make you run even faster )

Comment

If I ran after you, I'd just give you a big kiss for all the help you've given me (that'll make you run even faster )
                          aaaaw Pixie......

Comment

Received a letter from Debt Managers today saying that they were unaware of any ongoing dispute with Barclaycard or CCA request. They have passed a copy of my letter to Barclaycard and await their further instruction.

Obviously I don't need to take any action but I bet the next thing I hear re Barclaycard will be a letter from a different dca!

PS They refer to Barclaycard as their client. Does this mean that the debt hasn't actually been sold on?

Comment

Received a letter from Debt Managers today saying that they were unaware of any ongoing dispute with Barclaycard or CCA request. They have passed a copy of my letter to Barclaycard and await their further instruction.

Obviously I don't need to take any action but I bet the next thing I hear re Barclaycard will be a letter from a different dca!

PS They refer to Barclaycard as their client. Does this mean that the debt hasn't actually been sold on?
                              Just ignore it, basically not many debts are sold on - when they are it is by total assignment, this will have been passed to collections which is an internal transfer of rights - nothing more, nothing less. ie Barclays have asked a third party to get involved - they have not sold the account.

Comment

Ok.

This is the 3rd dca that Barclaycard have involved (Mercers, Calder and now Debt Managers). Perhaps I should take bets on who the next lot will be - might earn myself some money!

Comment

Working...
                                X