GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Pixie's UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pixie's UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pixie's UE diary

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    I would send them a photocopy of that letter with the relevant text quoted, highlighted so they can't miss it..... just add a cover letter saying, read the attached - return the account to the OC and go away! Or words to that effect!
    Will do...I promise not to use any swear words when I do it!

Will upload my agreements tonight. Was rather busy last week getting nervous prepared for my interview.
    Last edited by Pixie; 15 February 2011, 07:07.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by pixiechick View Post
      Received another one today that I'll have to wait and see

(Rockwell's re M&S card)
      They don't hang about!! Perhaps they thought I couldn't stand the suspense Final Notice before Action received today.

"Further to our previous correspondence, your account still remains unpaid and we have received no proposals for repayment. It is a legal requirement for us to send a notice of Intended Litigation before legal proceedings in the County Court are issued against you. This letter meets these requirements, even if it is not actually read.
      We will now consider the options available to us to recover this debt, including litigation.
      To prevent legal action from being taken you must arrange to make payment in full to these offices by the 22nd February 2011 otherwise we will take immediate action against you.
      If you fail to respond to this letter, a Judgement Order may be obtained..." (goes on to say what might happen to enforce the debt if this remains unsatisfied.)

Well there's no chance of me being able to pay in full by tomorrow!

What do you suggest I do now? Send threat-o-gram letter? Wait to see if they go ahead with court papers? Make arrangement to pay? Make f&f offer (may be able to borrow some from my Dad?) Bearing in mind that I'm still unemployed and renting my home.

I notice from my credit report that the account was defaulted in October but I haven't received a Default Notice. I had a letter in response to my offer of token payments in May saying that they accept my offer but to prevent a Default being registered they require a minimum repayment of 1%. "As your offer is less than this a Notice of Default and a Final Demand will now be issued unless they have already been sent." I've had a couple of 'Statutory Arrears Notices (in June, August and end of October) and a Final Demand (in middle of October) asking for payment in full within 48 hours but no default notice.
      Last edited by Pixie; 21 February 2011, 12:25.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

They don't hang about!! Perhaps they thought I couldn't stand the suspense Final Notice before Action received today.

"Further to our previous correspondence, your account still remains unpaid and we have received no proposals for repayment. It is a legal requirement for us to send a notice of Intended Litigation before legal proceedings in the County Court are issued against you. This letter meets these requirements, even if it is not actually read.
        We will now consider the options available to us to recover this debt, including litigation.
        To prevent legal action from being taken you must arrange to make payment in full to these offices by the 22nd February 2011 otherwise we will take immediate action against you.
        If you fail to respond to this letter, a Judgement Order may be obtained..." (goes on to say what might happen to enforce the debt if this remains unsatisfied.)

Well there's no chance of me being able to pay in full by tomorrow!

What do you suggest I do now? Send threat-o-gram letter? Wait to see if they go ahead with court papers? Make arrangement to pay? Make f&f offer (may be able to borrow some from my Dad?) Bearing in mind that I'm still unemployed and renting my home.

I notice from my credit report that the account was defaulted in October but I haven't received a Default Notice. I had a letter in response to my offer of token payments in May saying that they accept my offer but to prevent a Default being registered they require a minimum repayment of 1%. "As your offer is less than this a Notice of Default and a Final Demand will now be issued unless they have already been sent." I've had a couple of 'Statutory Arrears Notices (in June, August and end of October) and a Final Demand (in middle of October) asking for payment in full within 48 hours but no default notice.
        Hiya, respond with the following: ---> Threat by Lender/D.C.A - To commence litigation

Don't mention the lack of Default - without doing this, they cannot demand repayment so will struggle to win if they did take action. Don't worry about it right now, worse case - they take action, you lose and they get a CCJ - you then pay £1 per month (or whatever you can) - however we'll fight them cos a default notice is necessary - they cannot formally claim full repayment (ie ccj claim) when the account is 'live' and not defaulted/terminated. They MUST give you time to remedy the breach (14 days)....
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy.

I wasn't going to mention the lack of default notice to them but I was wondering if it might have any bearing on a possible court case - seems it might!

Comment

Hiya, respond with the following: ---> Threat by Lender/D.C.A - To commence litigation

Just noticed that I sent that letter to Rockwells in November

Regards to this, they cannot do much as you do not own your home and do not work, I would be tempted to send this to Rockwells: ---> viewtopic.php?p=2319#p2319

You have nothing to lose really....
            Do I send again?

Comment

Thanks Niddy.

I wasn't going to mention the lack of default notice to them but I was wondering if it might have any bearing on a possible court case - seems it might!
              It has a major effect - they cannot start action (or demand repayment) if one was never issued!
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Just noticed that I sent that letter to Rockwells in November - Do I send again?
                Seems so - muppets int-they?

Comment

It has a major effect - they cannot start action (or demand repayment) if one was never issued!
                  I'm going to have a major tidy up of my 'office' today just in case it's got misplaced but I don't think so because all the other letters are in my M&S file.

Seems so - muppets int-they?
                  I agree

PS Jobcentre keep suggesting jobs with banks and dcas for me - not a chance I'd work on the dark side!!

Comment

PS Jobcentre keep suggesting jobs with banks and dcas for me - not a chance I'd work on the dark side!!

Comment

Received a 'Notice of Legal Action' from Debt Managers re Barclaycard (http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...13&postcount=2 )

"Your failure to respond to previous letters has resulted in your account being passed to this department for Court Action and our Solicitors may prepare the Court Papers within seven days. If you wish to avoid Legal Action you must now pay in full today ousing the attached giro or you can phone and pay by Debit or Credit card or alternatively you must immediately telephone our Legal Manager"

I don't usually type the text of the letter out in full but I couldn't resist with this one. I thought the custom of beginning nouns with capital letters went out with the Victorians. Also my eyesight isn't so bad that I need to have the threatening bits highlighted with bold text. I notice they haven't highlighted the most important word - "may".

Which of the 'threat by lender' letters should I respond with?

Comment

Received a 'Notice of Legal Action' from Debt Managers re Barclaycard (http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...13&postcount=2 )

"Your failure to respond to previous letters has resulted in your account being passed to this department for Court Action and our Solicitors may prepare the Court Papers within seven days. If you wish to avoid Legal Action you must now pay in full today ousing the attached giro or you can phone and pay by Debit or Credit card or alternatively you must immediately telephone our Legal Manager"

I don't usually type the text of the letter out in full but I couldn't resist with this one. I thought the custom of beginning nouns with capital letters went out with the Victorians. Also my eyesight isn't so bad that I need to have the threatening bits highlighted with bold text. I notice they haven't highlighted the most important word - "may".

Which of the 'threat by lender' letters should I respond with?
                        Send this: ---> Threat-o-Gram - Letter before Action

Comment

Letter from MHA Collections re LTSB card (UE) - http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...9&postcount=14

I've to pay the arrears immediately or SCM Solicitors may commence legal proceedings against me.
                          Presumably MHA are still part of LTSB? Should I send the 'new - account sold while in dispute' letter? SCM Solicitors have already had the threat to commence litigation letter.

Letter from Link Financial re GE Money debt (enforceable) - http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...57&postcount=5

They want me to call them in relation to the outstanding sum owing to discuss options available to settle the debt.
                          If I don't make an offer to repay the (full) amount they may review the information held on me by the CRAs to ascertain how they can best ensure this debt is repaid.
                          Last edited by Pixie; 26 February 2011, 10:28.

Comment

Presumably MHA are still part of LTSB?
                            They are part of LTSB as are SCM, it should say this at the bottom of the letter, all the letters i had said 'MHA/SCM is a trading name of LTSB'

Muppets.

Comment

Letter from MHA Collections re LTSB card (UE) - I've to pay the arrears immediately or SCM Solicitors may commence legal proceedings against me.
                              Oooooh, scary stuff eh? Nope, not really!

Presumably MHA are still part of LTSB? Should I send the 'new - account sold while in dispute' letter? SCM Solicitors have already had the threat to commence litigation letter.
                              They are all the same really, its a bloody joke how they think changing a name makes us think they have "sold the account" - idiots think we're idiots! Anyway, moving swiftly on, can you confirm when you sent the threat of litigation response to SCM?

Letter from Link Financial re GE Money debt (enforceable) - They want me to call them in relation to the outstanding sum owing to discuss options available to settle the debt. If I don't make an offer to repay the (full) amount they may review the information held on me by the CRAs to ascertain how they can best ensure this debt is repaid.
                              So they are saying they'll do a search to check for property ownership, then realise you don't own one and ermmmm, do nothing!

Yep, i'd be shitting myself at this Pixie, quick - catch a flight to Cuba and never come back

As you can tell, the sarcasm flows tonight - yep, you guessed it - ignore this nonsense and lets see what they are going to do when they find out you don't have a mortgage!

Comment

I thought the custom of beginning nouns with capital letters went out with the Victorians.
                                Pixie,

I am so impressed that, in the midst of all this rubbish being thrown at you, you have not lost your sense of humour - and the ability to spot grammatical errors! A girl after my own heart - long may it continue!

Comment

Working...
                                X