GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Natwest Overdraft & Triton - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Natwest Overdraft & Triton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natwest Overdraft & Triton

hi all - the forum looks so well informed - hoping to get some advice on this:

I have a Natwest an overdraft debt that is being collected by Triton Credit Services.

Defaulted amount is £3292 was passed to Triton June/July 2009 which included £628 of interest and charges. Been making payments each month since july 2009 and have paid an amount of £1715 - no missed payments etc.

However, in the meantime interest has been added to the account (but not charges) and depsite payments made the balance stand at around £2700. Never been able to get them to freeze interest

By my calculations - less charges, interest and payments made to date, the actual balance stands at around £900.

Am I in a position to offer a full and final (less charges and interest)?

Or continue paying till statement balance is lower before offering full and final?

Be grateful of any advice.

Re: Natwest Overdraft & Triton

Originally posted by malamute View Post
    hi all - the forum looks so well informed - hoping to get some advice on this:

I have a Natwest an overdraft debt that is being collected by Triton Credit Services.

Defaulted amount is £3292 was passed to Triton June/July 2009 which included £628 of interest and charges. Been making payments each month since july 2009 and have paid an amount of £1715 - no missed payments etc.

However, in the meantime interest has been added to the account (but not charges) and depsite payments made the balance stand at around £2700. Never been able to get them to freeze interest

By my calculations - less charges, interest and payments made to date, the actual balance stands at around £900.

Am I in a position to offer a full and final (less charges and interest)?

Or continue paying till statement balance is lower before offering full and final?

Be grateful of any advice.
    Whats your credit file like, ie are you defaulted or in any other debt at all?

Obviously that depends on how I answer your question next.....

Hi & welcome by the way
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Credit file is pants to be honest -

Comment

Credit file is pants to be honest -
        Ok so stop paying, just ignore them for a few weeks and then we'll be able to negotiate a F&F for you - but first you need to cease all repayments.

Can you do that? Then post any updates here and we'll advise how and when to respond then you'll probably be looking at a £200-£300 offer in 3-4 months....

Up to you....
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Ok!

Be nervous not paying for that long - would they not issue against me in that time Not that I don't trust you!

I did wonder if there was a certain time of year where settlements were easier to get - xmas/new year slow down might improve my chances eh!

Next payment due 31 August so will keep it to once side and update you.

Thanks!

Comment

Ok!

Be nervous not paying for that long - would they not issue against me in that time Not that I don't trust you!

I did wonder if there was a certain time of year where settlements were easier to get - xmas/new year slow down might improve my chances eh!

Next payment due 31 August so will keep it to once side and update you.

Thanks!
            They cannot issue bugger all against you, or more to the point, they won't (yea trust us, we're good at this)...

Just cease repayments, retain the funds in case BUT whatever you do, don't give in and pay - PM me if you get a nasty threat and i'll show you what to send back to stop the threat, which is all they'll be - threats!

That's how they get people to give in - read the UE Diaries here, you'll see most haven't paid in years and only a few have had claims, and of those a few we've fought and won/ongoing.

Basically, have faith - so long as you keep us up to date then you'll be fine... if they ring, you need to just hang up without saying anything else.... do not get into discussions with them.

Comment

No problem!

I've not spoken to a DCA in years and some I actually completely ignore (how rude am I).

Some DCAs and accounts I have I'm more confident with that others that's all.

Not that I proud of the amount but I've an account with AIC for £20k that I'm actually getting away with paying £2 a month when the agreement was for 150 - they ignore me - take my money and udpate my credit file with the amount I pay.

But Triton and Regal Credit (Natwest) I'm most scared of/nervous of dealing with - even in letter.

For my triton one(overdraft) i'll save up and update when I know.

Thanks again

Comment

No problem!

I've not spoken to a DCA in years and some I actually completely ignore (how rude am I).

Some DCAs and accounts I have I'm more confident with that others that's all.

Not that I proud of the amount but I've an account with AIC for £20k that I'm actually getting away with paying £2 a month when the agreement was for 150 - they ignore me - take my money and udpate my credit file with the amount I pay.

But Triton and Regal Credit (Natwest) I'm most scared of/nervous of dealing with - even in letter.

For my triton one(overdraft) i'll save up and update when I know.

Thanks again
                Hiya

Why don't you do a diary and let us know all your debts, Natwest are shysters - you know their default notices are mainly defective right? So most claims will lose if they tried to enforce.....

Can you tell us more, like this: ---> allaboutFORUMS - View Single Post - Unenforceability Diaries - Read me First!

Then we can actually look at the possibility of considering UE on them....

Comment

Diary linky ---> Malamute UE Diary !!!

Comment

Still no news/update on this one - no payment made, just storing money for an F&F - how would i go about checking the default notice that was issued on this account.

The current account was set up in 1977 and account defaulted in 2009.

Thanks!!

Comment

Still no news/update on this one - no payment made, just storing money for an F&F - how would i go about checking the default notice that was issued on this account.

Thanks!!
                      If its from 1977 then they aint gonna have the agreement and to be fair they're gonna struggle to enforce this so why worry about saving for a F&F?

Keep saving by all means but please, don't go making any offers....

If they defaulted in 2009 you need to stay quiet till 2015 which is when Statute Barred will kick in plus it'll drop off your credit file then too. :niddy

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                        If its from 1977 then they aint gonna have the agreement and to be fair they're gonna struggle to enforce this so why worry about saving for a F&F?

If they defaulted in 2009 you need to stay quiet till 2015 which is when Statute Barred will kick in plus it'll drop off your credit file then too. :niddy
                        That's great - no plan on making an offer just going on your advice on an earlier post.

Don't know if i've misunderstood UE but I thought we couldn't go the UE route on a current account?

X

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post

Thanks!!
                          This is a current account Niddy
                          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Ooops - that'll teach me

Ok, still ignore it - they'll get to offer stage at some point. Obviously wait for them to contact you...

Comment

Update!!

Have a letter from wescot - balance seems similar to what is overdraft - their client is Natwest retail
                              Finance.

Ignore??

At least no more interest.

Next step??

Comment

Working...
                              X