GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Natwest Overdraft & Triton - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Natwest Overdraft & Triton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Natwest Overdraft & Triton

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
    Just shows they don't have a clue what they're doing!
    Absolutely - but quick question if I'm paying capquest for another account and they are sold another account - will they just lump my two debts together or can i write to them about the overdraft without it affecting the arrangement i have for the natwest loan?
    Last edited by malamute; 15 April 2013, 07:29.

Comment

I wouldn't have thought that they could lump the two together...though anything's possible with dcas!

You're not making payments to the overdraft are you?

I've had the same dca on 2 of my debts at the same time but I wasn't paying either so a little different from your situation.
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I wouldn't have thought that they could lump the two together...though anything's possible with dcas!

You're not making payments to the overdraft are you?

I've had the same dca on 2 of my debts at the same time but I wasn't paying either so a little different from your situation.
        No payments made to the overdraft for a while now.

Been paying capquest for the loan for several years.

Comment

I think it's doubtful that they will lump the 2 together.

I think they'll just go off the reference number and not cross-reference the address, but that's just my opinion.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I think it's doubtful that they will lump the 2 together.

I think they'll just go off the reference number and not cross-reference the address, but that's just my opinion.
            ah I see. Well I'll not reply to Natwest's letter telling me the overdraft is being passed to Capquest. I'll wait to hear from Capquest on it.

I guess this means Wescot have been dumped re: the natwest overdraft and hopefully won't hear from them now!

Comment

Ok so I'm getting somewhere now -

Natwest have adjusted the overdraft debt to £900 which took acocunt of fees and charges etc. The funny thing is that all I said in the letter from me asking for confirmation of what account they were referring to Capquest.

For loan (that they wrote to say they were sending to Capquest) Natwest say now that they are querying with Capquest about payments made to my loan (they have been sending me statements showing the credits of my monthly payments to Capquest).

They are frustrating me. Shame that the loan is enforceable really - paying them and then them querying about who I'm paying for it seems unfair to say the least!!
              Last edited by malamute; 22 April 2013, 09:25.

Comment

Ok now I confused!!!!!

Really confused!!!!

For two letters from AIC TODAY!!!!

One for overdraft

One for the Natwest loan

The payment to cap quest for the loan is due out the bank account on Monday?!

What do I send and what do I do with the monthly payment?!

Comment

Originally posted by malamute View Post
                  Ok now I confused!!!!!

Really confused!!!!

For two letters from AIC TODAY!!!!

One for overdraft

One for the Natwest loan

The payment to cap quest for the loan is due out the bank account on Monday?!

What do I send and what do I do with the monthly payment?!
                  Ok - so I stopped the payment to capquest for the loan. AIC have started calling as well.

I'm going to see what AIC sent about the loan before sending anything.

For the overdraft I was wondering if I should send the "overdraft" letter that I had previously sent wescot???

Any thoughts???

Comment

Originally posted by malamute View Post
                    Ok - so I stopped the payment to capquest for the loan. AIC have started calling as well.

I'm going to see what AIC sent about the loan before sending anything.

For the overdraft I was wondering if I should send the "overdraft" letter that I had previously sent wescot???

Any thoughts???
                    I would.

Comment

I would.
                      Thanks pixie!!

Comment

For clarity - going to send: http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...ead.php?t=4904 part one to AIC for the overdraft.

Not sure if Capquest will chase me for the payment though.....

Comment

Sorry to ramble but I'd be grateful for any pointers on the loan.

Loan is in Dad's name and the overdraft is a joint account that is dad and mum's name - but they get separate identical letters for the overdraft (makes sense).

We've been corresponding with DCA's as my mum for the overdraft and Dad for loan to keep it simpler for us. As far as overdraft DCA (whichever one it is) is concerned they only hear from Mum.

BUT the letter regarding the loan from AIC (address to Dad) the balance is wrong (based on statement balance rom natwest and their most recent letters referred to above). The balance seems to be for the loan+overdraft - but letter makes no ref to the overdraft.

What do I send AIC re the loan? A prove it as the balance is wrong? or a CCA request?

I guess I'm saving £100 a month not paying it at the mo - but I know it is enforceable.

Any advice?
                          Last edited by malamute; 8 May 2013, 08:51.

Comment

It could be both accounts were sold to the same DCA who has bundled the total debt into one and thus the amounts read different.

So long as they have not merged the accounts into one, then nothing much changes and you're worrying over nothing. If however they have merged both into one, they'll be in a wee bit of a sticky situation.

I don't actually get what it is you're asking so please try and spell it out if I've missed the obvious as I don't have the time right now to read back through several pages.
                            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                              It could be both accounts were sold to the same DCA who has bundled the total debt into one and thus the amounts read different.

So long as they have not merged the accounts into one, then nothing much changes and you're worrying over nothing. If however they have merged both into one, they'll be in a wee bit of a sticky situation.

I don't actually get what it is you're asking so please try and spell it out if I've missed the obvious as I don't have the time right now to read back through several pages.
                              Sorry!!

Loan is in Dad's name
                              Overdraft is joint - Mum & Dad

From AIC's letter the loan and overdraft amounts have been lumped together and they are chasing one account in my dad's name.

But the letter they've sent my mum is only for the overdraft balance.

Not sure what to send on either

Comment

That's fine, an overdraft (or joint account) means either/or are both liable and the DCA seem to want to chase your dad - fine.

What's wrong with that? The difference would be if they tried to merge a joint product into a sole product.
                                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X