GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Natwest Overdraft & Triton - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Natwest Overdraft & Triton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Natwest Overdraft & Triton

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    That's fine, an overdraft (or joint account) means either/or are both liable and the DCA seem to want to chase your dad - fine.

What's wrong with that? The difference would be if they tried to merge a joint product into a sole product.
    Ah ok - I guess I'm confused as its been seperate DCA's for the two accounts until now and we've been corresponding with any DCA on the overdraft as my mum.

Should I just wait for the next letter from AIC on either account?

I've never sent a prove it letter but was thinking I could for the letter referring to the loan but the balance reflects the loan + overdraft balance.

The loan is enforceable.

Comment

Hiya

Best thing to do right now is to ignore it and lets see what they send next. What you have to realise is that it's a blessing in disguise when they merge two accounts like that as it makes your life (for correspondence) so much easier. However the way they have done it is fine - different if they say merged the loan into the OD and then tried to chase your mum for the loan that was a sole one for your dad but as they've merged the OD into the loan that will be fine as your dad is technically jointly liable for the OD as well as solely liable for the loan.

I'd ignore for now and see what happens next
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        Hiya

Best thing to do right now is to ignore it and lets see what they send next. What you have to realise is that it's a blessing in disguise when they merge two accounts like that as it makes your life (for correspondence) so much easier. However the way they have done it is fine - different if they say merged the loan into the OD and then tried to chase your mum for the loan that was a sole one for your dad but as they've merged the OD into the loan that will be fine as your dad is technically jointly liable for the OD as well as solely liable for the loan.

I'd ignore for now and see what happens next
        Thanks for clarifying!!

I'll see what they send next.

Comment

Ok - so its been a little quiet for a couple of months now on the loan:

I didn't make a payment to Capquest in April or May as I had letters and calls (ignored) from AIC. They didn't chase either so I was waiting for demanding letters from AIC before writing anything. The calls from AIC were persistent so I sent a letter to stop phoning - and it worked.

Now!

Received a letter from Natwest dated 17th June saying account is being dealt with by AIC - as I expected. So i left it and await contact from them.

TODAY! I've received a letter from Natwest dated 21st June saying that it is being dealt with by Capquest and it provides the bank account numbers and amount correctly.

I feel like i should write natwest and say something but not sure exactly how because I'm being told that its with one and being contacted by another. Both DCAs have personal information and reporting to CRAs (account on Credit File is updating fortnightly).

Getting a bit peed off - the account is enforceable and I've had payments set affordably before this and I'll be dammed if i pay a dca now if its not the correct one and also they both ahve my details - the amount of times the loan has been sold its likely peanuts!!
          Last edited by malamute; 25 June 2013, 10:13.

Comment

Is it worth writing a stinky letter telling them to sort themselves out and leave it so i can pay it off?

Or is that egging them on given the size of the loan is 13k?

It can't be right that in the space of 4 days they take it from Capquest to AIC to Capquest?

Or just a nice letter stating i'm confused????

thanks in advance for any advice.

Comment

Hi Mal,

Originally posted by malamute View Post
              Is it worth writing a stinky letter telling them to sort themselves out and leave it so i can pay it off?
              Stinky letter for what mate? If they want to keep passing it on - i would let them carry on.

Or is that egging them on given the size of the loan is 13k?
              Could well be! Im of the opinion not to poke a bear with a stick. Just leave the feckers in their own pile of letters to one another

It can't be right that in the space of 4 days they take it from Capquest to AIC to Capquest?
              I'm not sure about this mate. It does seem a tad quick, although i don't know enough about the workings of these money suckers to comment.

Or just a nice letter stating i'm confused????

thanks in advance for any advice.
              General consensus is to reply to things worth replying to mate. I might have missed something, but if they want to keep sending pointless letters to you, just keep them for clarity - but that's it.

Best,
              Missy
              When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by missy View Post
                Hi Mal,

Stinky letter for what mate? If they want to keep passing it on - i would let them carry on.

Could well be! Im of the opinion not to poke a bear with a stick. Just leave the feckers in their own pile of letters to one another

I'm not sure about this mate. It does seem a tad quick, although i don't know enough about the workings of these money suckers to comment.

General consensus is to reply to things worth replying to mate. I might have missed something, but if they want to keep sending pointless letters to you, just keep them for clarity - but that's it.

Best,
                Missy

thanks for this - good to put it in context - I guess I'm being distracted by the fact that this is an enforceable account and I was paying it but now i don't knwo who to pay.

I think I'll wait until a DCA - either one - gets in touch and go from there.

Like you say nothing worth replying to if they want to push it around technically they've not asked for money!

thanks!!!

Comment

thanks for this - good to put it in context - I guess I'm being distracted by the fact that this is an enforceable account and I was paying it but now i don't knwo who to pay.

I think I'll wait until a DCA - either one - gets in touch and go from there.

Like you say nothing worth replying to if they want to push it around technically they've not asked for money!

thanks!!!
                  Hey Mal,
                  Ah, my bad. I assumed all payments had been stopped. Sorry mate.
                  So you were paying them, stopped and re-started once you realised it was all Kosha?
                  If so, i guess you just need to sit tight and wait for a sensible letter to arrive.
                  Cheers
                  Missy
                  When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hey Mal,
                    Ah, my bad. I assumed all payments had been stopped. Sorry mate.
                    So you were paying them, stopped and re-started once you realised it was all Kosha?
                    If so, i guess you just need to sit tight and wait for a sensible letter to arrive.
                    Cheers
                    Missy
                    I was paying Capquest since 2009 til April this year when I started hearing from AIC on the account so I've not paid anything since March 2013 on the basis i've no idea which DCA has the account.

All AIC have sent is a "we have your account letter" so i was waiting for a "we demand payment letter" before sending something. Although I did have to send a "stop calling me" letter.

Then I received the recent letters from Natwest saying it was with AIC, then Capquest - hence the confusion.

Comment

Sounds about the usual standard! If it were me Mal, i would just save the money you were paying so its ready. If they take long enough perhaps you could offer a F&F?

Comment

Sounds about the usual standard! If it were me Mal, i would just save the money you were paying so its ready. If they take long enough perhaps you could offer a F&F?
                        Sounds Like a Plan!

Comment

Postman brought me a welcome letter from Robinson way today.

Waiting for the next one..

Comment

Just caught up on your thread

How can any one company be so incompetent?

As far as I know they are breaking OFT guidelines by having multiple DCAs chase the same debt at the same time.

If they ever did go to court with the enforceable account, I would just say to the court that you wanted to pay but didn't know who to pay and let them try and make sense of the letters that were sent to you. I would hope a judge might agree that they don't deserve any money

Can't look good on them...

Hope you get this all sorted someday.

HB

Comment

Originally posted by happy_bunny View Post
                              Just caught up on your thread

How can any one company be so incompetent?

As far as I know they are breaking OFT guidelines by having multiple DCAs chase the same debt at the same time.

If they ever did go to court with the enforceable account, I would just say to the court that you wanted to pay but didn't know who to pay and let them try and make sense of the letters that were sent to you. I would hope a judge might agree that they don't deserve any money

Can't look good on them...

Hope you get this all sorted someday.

HB
                              Thanks for this - they certainly are incompetant - i not worried about the overdraft as it is down to £940 now but the loan in over 13k and I know it to be enforceable. But keeping a good paper trail is key. If they get nasty I'll just show them that they right to me every 6 weeks telling me that a new/different dca will be in touch in 14 days. I get a welcome letter from the new one then a letter from Natwest telling me another one will be in touch!!!

Comment

Ok not heard much from anyone for a while til today - got a letter from rob way saying "a quick way to solve a long overdue problem"

saying I could pay as little as £30 a month (account is at 13976.95)!!!

Ignore?? Not sure as I know it's enforceable but they not really forcing my hand yet!

Comment

Working...
                                X