GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Credit card agreement - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Credit card agreement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Confused help please

yes, if it says on the very top "credit agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1974" or along those lines, then an application is an agreement.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldandblue View Post
      Hiya All,
      Quick question please. Is a credit card application classed as agreement
      Morning Oldandblue,

Yes, in certain circumstances an application form can become an agreement subject to it containing certain information. The most important of which are prescribed terms and your signature.

If you would like Niddy (Never-in-doubt) to check this for you, email the application without editing anything (it's quite safe, you can trust Niddy, it goes no further than him) to:

agreements@all-about-debt.co.uk

There is more information on unenforceability (UE) here-

UPDATED - A Full Guide to Unenforceability - allaboutFORUMS

X

Comment

Hiya All,
        Quick question please. Is a credit card application classed as agreement
        Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
        yes, if it says on the very top "credit agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1974" or along those lines, then an application is an agreement.
        It needs to have all the Prescribed terms as well.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hiya. No at the top says application form but does say in the small print gold/affinity cc is regulated by the CCA 1974
          The application is from 2000 and the T&CS are from Nov 2010

Comment

Morning Fluffystuff. Yes I will send it to niddy now it's a very bad copy that's been sent to me hope he can read it No terms on it though

Comment

Credit card agreement

Hiya just want credit card agreement checking please
              Have already sent to niddy Thanks

Comment

Re: Credit card agreement

Oh so you're the nameless email I just got then

Always add your username in the subject and also tell me why you're emailing me - thanks

What you sent is illegible by me, I cannot clarify one way or another - is there any way you can scan it in?
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Will try again but it is a very bad copy anyway

Comment

Will try again but it is a very bad copy anyway
                    Hold fire - when and where did you get that from? Have you done a formal s.78 request?
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Yes it was a s78 request to mbna about 16 months ago I have sent another request to them on 1st July 13 replied back saying will investigate your complaint and respond in 28 days here is a leaflet containing our internal complaints procedure

Don't understand that I thought they had to sent a copy of the agreement with 12 working days

Comment

Don't understand that I thought they had to sent a copy of the agreement with 12 working days
                        They are, and i guess they would do - if they could, alas many don't send within that time frame - if at all!
                        When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Hiya missy thanks for that so how long do you give them they can't say they don't have them I've already had the once well part of them

Comment

Hiya missy thanks for that so how long do you give them they can't say they don't have them I've already had the once well part of them
                            Let them chase their own back-sides on this. The purpose of the S78 request is to stop these vermin in their tracks! The longer they take, the better and you don't need to do anything, assuming:

The request you sent was all water tight
                            You have proof of delivery, or a reply to say they have received your request.

After that, its a matter of "trying to forget about it"!
                            They normally go quiet until your stuff arrives back at the top of the pile (or rather mountain) at the Lions den dealing with it.

Keep the forum posted (have you considered doing a diary for ease and clarity?), save where possible, sit back and enjoy the ride!

Best,
                            Missy
                            Last edited by SA Gold; 17 July 2013, 10:50.
                            When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Hi missy. Yes got pod and the reply these sent back I should start one cos things are starting to get jumbled now what with cabot/co op my main priority and this mbna thing which I'm not to concerned about at present as I don't think they give in anyway and reading about different things on the site it all gets a bit confusing you know you say to yourself or was it this or was it that then you have to try and find it all again but I'm learning slowly

Comment

Working...
                              X