GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Credit card agreement - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Credit card agreement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Credit card agreement

O.K. Cheers

Comment

Yes I understand that but I'm a bit concerned the reason I am annoyed with them is not that I wasn't or couldn't pay it started because of a complaint I made re interest jacking I wanted to close my account because the interest had risen to 30%
      They said I had missed the date that was stated on the letter to do this. Explained I just got out of hospital what's been the matter told her have you got written evidence. Obviously Well send it in because we must help you under the circumstances Done as she asked. Contacted me saying. We are putting you under a SPECIAL ARRANGEMENT pay £80 pm and we will freeze all interest will that help you. Yes thank you Bearing in mind I had had the cc since 2000 and never missed or was late with a payment. And then to my horror they rotten so n sos. (Putting it mildly ) DEFAULTED ME. questioned this numerous times but all I get is well you can't complain it was a good will gesture by us had letter yesterday from the Vice President saying complaint overturned. Go to FOS

Comment

Originally posted by Oldandblue View Post
        Yes I understand that but I'm a bit concerned the reason I am annoyed with them is not that I wasn't or couldn't pay it started because of a complaint I made re interest jacking I wanted to close my account because the interest had risen to 30%
        They said I had missed the date that was stated on the letter to do this. Explained I just got out of hospital what's been the matter told her have you got written evidence. Obviously Well send it in because we must help you under the circumstances Done as she asked. Contacted me saying. We are putting you under a SPECIAL ARRANGEMENT pay £80 pm and we will freeze all interest will that help you. Yes thank you Bearing in mind I had had the cc since 2000 and never missed or was late with a payment. And then to my horror they rotten so n sos. (Putting it mildly ) DEFAULTED ME. questioned this numerous times but all I get is well you can't complain it was a good will gesture by us had letter yesterday from the Vice President saying complaint overturned. Go to FOS
        As i say mate, your call. You have to be comfortable with any decision you decide. Take a look at the diaries for a feeling of what goes on.

I hear what you are saying, but being a perfect customer has little impact within the finance industry. If you fail to make the payments they will default you, because they can.

From a personal point of view, its the best thing i have done. I CCA'd Barclays for two accounts and stopped paying at the same time. They wrote back within a short amount of time saying they were looking in to it. Shortly afterwards they wrote saying they cannot produce it and acknowledge they are preventing from enforcing as long as it continues. That was the last i heard from them, and hopefully wont hear from them again!

Cheers
        Missy
        Last edited by SA Gold; 18 July 2013, 11:19.
        When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

They said I had missed the date that was stated on the letter to do this. Explained I just got out of hospital
          Ermm that is utter nonsense, at the time you get notified of a rate increase you are eligible to close your account and make it repayment only by rejecting the increase. If you have not used the card and miss the month they give to reject it, then you can do it at any point - not just the point where the rate increase occurred.

The key here is when the rate went up, have you used the product since? If no then you can still refuse it now. All it means is that the account goes to repayment only and upon settlement they close it. Ordinarily, had you accepted the proposed rate-jack then upon settling the account you'd still have the revolving credit limit as well as being able to use the product throughout repayment.

So, simple question - have you used the product at all since the rate-jack? If no then they MUST allow this. However that doesn't mean you can miss payments, if so they can then default you like anyone else. But if you refuse the rate jack and pay the normal minimum amount due they cannot default you.

Make sense?

See this guide from MSE --> Reject Credit Card Rate Hikes: Fight unfair rate-jacking...
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hiya yes that's what I wanted to do Insisted I was to late had to be done by the date on letter. No haven't used card since rate-jack or even the one before this one. And up till today I have never missed a payment I did not ask for the interest to be frozen and didn't say i could not pay they offered because of my serious health problem. So why the default that's what I don't understand

Comment

No it doesn't have to be done by the date of their letter as I explained above.
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Yes I understand what you are saying but it's to late now at least I'll know if anything like this happens again
                I've just been checking to see when I last had a statement from them and have discovered I've got 3 different account numbers but only 1account That's funny do they normally do that

Comment

i semi to recall mbna had a complaint upheld against them with foster because they said a customer had missed the date. it is possible you have more than one account number. one will relate to when it was a hbos account
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hiya oscar thanks for that I will try and find and have a read. The account numbers one is the one I have always had these other 2 have just appeared since 2012 this is funny cos my CRA files keep having missed payments showing and yet I have paid did query this with MBNA they said it didn't matter anyway I asked for statements don't send the out when defaulted Good job all mine are sent through my bank

Comment

Hiya all. Update on MBNA CCA request. Had letter this morning Unfortunately we are currently unable to comply with your request continue to make payments blah blah blah so do I just sit back and wait Well that 2 pieces of good news today.

Comment

Hiya all. Update on MBNA CCA request. Had letter this morning Unfortunately we are currently unable to comply with your request continue to make payments blah blah blah so do I just sit back and wait Well that 2 pieces of good news today.
                        Yes.....and keep that letter safe.

Comment

Hi Oldandblue,
                          Thanks for your pm. I think it's best to keep replies on your thread where all the background info is, to avoid confusion, and also as I'm away tomorrow, so others will be around to help too

So they can't comply with the CCA? Usually they put the account on hold until they do so. What exactly did the letter say?

As to whether you still need to do a SAR - that depends whether you still want to pursue your complaint with the FOS, and hence want to try and get transcripts/recordings of the telephone conversations saying they wouldn't default you. If you do then you would need to send one. See what others say too

Elsa x

Comment

Hiya Elsa thanks for reply. Will do. I am post a copy of the letter they have sent for you to see that if I've done it right Fingers crossed. Here goes
                            Last edited by IF; 20 July 2013, 15:49. Reason: Deleted: Name showing

Comment

Sorry I'am all mixed up try and put right
                              Attached Files

Comment

Hiya Elsa thanks for reply. Will do. I am post a copy of the letter they have sent for you to see that if I've done it right Fingers crossed. Here goes
                                I've just deleted your attachment as your name was showing

Mrs xxxxxxxx
                                Last edited by IF; 20 July 2013, 15:52.
                                "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Working...
                                X