GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclaycard Default not registered - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclaycard Default not registered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclaycard Default not registered

Hi,

Here goes my first post,

I wanted some advice as to why a default has been reported as (6)'s on my credit file. And how I can get it changed to a default so it will drop off my credit file at the same time as 4 others.

I defaulted on 5 accounts in 2010, of which 4 of them registered a default on my credit file Nov-Dec 2010. The other one, Barclaycard (now with Link Finance), have been marking the account on my credit file every month with a (6) and a BB underneath.

The debt in question is currently with a company called IDR finance and being managed by Link Finance. Heres a bit of history....

...The debt was originally taken out in 2002 with MSDW. Whilst the account was in good order it was transferred to Goldfish (2005) and then Barclaycard (2008). It's whilst with BC that i ran into trouble and received a DN from mercers in Oct 2010. I actually started my DMP with Payplan in Nov 2010 and this account has never been reported as a default (D) but instead as a series of (6's).

The account history on my credit file from Mar -Dec 2010 was as follows...

MAR (1) APR (AR) MAY (AR) JUN (AR) JUL (AR) AUG (2) SEP (3) OCT (4) NOV (5) DEC (6)....

... and (6)s ever since.

I CCAd this account in 2011 and received T&Cs only.

Many Thanks

Re: Barclaycard Default not registered

Hi RonnyBoy.

I'm sure there's been another very similar query recently (can't find it just at the moment) and I'm sure someone said that it was common practice for Barclaycard. Though if you received a default notice from Mercer's in 2010 surely the default should have been registered then?

Are you still on your DMP? Have you thought about going down the UE route?
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

they dont have to act on the default notice and register a default on your credit file. They should have registered one by now though.

Ill let Niddy or someone else guide you as to what to do from here.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Pixie,

I'm still on my DMP with Payplan and will be for the foreseeable future.

I'm unsure about the UE route and what it implies.

My end goal, with my situation, is to be able to sell my current house and move to another house in 3 years. This means getting another mortgage and I feel the reported (6)s on my file will affect my credit score. Am I right in thinking the defaults will drop off my credit file after 6 years?

Comment

To see what the UE route entails have a look at these threads Help with Unenforceability and Unenforceability Diaries

Yes, defaults drop off after 6 years.
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

All you gotta do is login to your credit report and raise a dispute against the entry in question with the following:

"this account is a credit card account which I first missed a payment due March 2010. To date there has never been any contractual monthly payments made and based on this fact, taking into consideration the ICO Technical Guidance on Issuance of Default Markers & Notices, the account should not be generating recurring [6] markers but should in fact be defaulted (within 6 months of the first default (missed payment) occurring on the account) which means the record should be changed to a Default status with a default date around August/September 2010.

Please rectify this error as the creditor is ignorant to my repeated requests. Failure to correct the incorrect data will result in a formal complaint being raised with the Information Commissioner who, as I'm sure you appreciate, take a dim view of deliberate breaches of data processing"

Good luck
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              All you gotta do is login to your credit report and raise a dispute against the entry in question with the following:

"this account is a credit card account which I first missed a payment due March 2010. To date there has never been any contractual monthly payments made and based on this fact, taking into consideration the ICO Technical Guidance on Issuance of Default Markers & Notices, the account should not be generating recurring [6] markers but should in fact be defaulted (within 6 months of the first default (missed payment) occurring on the account) which means the record should be changed to a Default status with a default date around August/September 2010.

Please rectify this error as the creditor is ignorant to my repeated requests. Failure to correct the incorrect data will result in a formal complaint being raised with the Information Commissioner who, as I'm sure you appreciate, take a dim view of delibe
              rate breaches of data processing"

Good luck
              Cheers for this. I'll get onto it tomorrow.

Comment

Nice one, just let us know what they say before responding to any reply
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi,

Dispute raised and will relay any response here before replying.

Thanks for the fast response and i'll take a look at the UE threads as I have at 2 cards with DCAs and Halifax sent me T&Cs when CCAd in 2011.

Thanks a lot, all your help is much appreciated.

Comment

Hi again,

As I was sorting the BC dispute out on my credit file I noticed, in my closed accounts, that one of my other defaulted cards (mbna) had a status as 'satisfied'. Is this ok as other defaulted accounts, passed on, say 'settled'? This account was transferred to idem services who currently receive payment through my DMP with Payplan.

Cheers
                    RBoy

Comment

Satisfied suggests it's been settled at a reduced rate, ie F&F whereas settled means you settled & closed the account. What SHOULD happen is when MBNA sold it to a dca, and thus marked your record "satisfied"; the dca purchaser would create an overlapping entry marked as default with them as the creditor.

If this hasn't happened - result!!

A satisfied account will not go against you, no.

Comment

Just wanted to pop in and wish you all the best with this Ronny.

Cheers
                        SA Gold
                        When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                          Satisfied suggests it's been settled at a reduced rate, ie F&F whereas settled means you settled & closed the account. What SHOULD happen is when MBNA sold it to a dca, and thus marked your record "satisfied"; the dca purchaser would create an overlapping entry marked as default with them as the creditor.

If this hasn't happened - result!!

A satisfied account will not go against you, no.
                          bib... sadly not.

Thanks again for the reassurance, its much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by SA Gold View Post
                            Just wanted to pop in and wish you all the best with this Ronny.

Cheers
                            SA Gold
                            Cheers SA Gold

Comment

Hi again,

I raised 2 disputes through Noddle, one on the previous account owner BC and another against the current owner Link Finance. I received a letter today from Noddle dated 31/1/14 as follows:

Dear Mr ........,

After investigation, Barclaycard has advised that the disputed entry cannot be amended as per your request, as they believe the information they currently on for this account is correct.

If you would like to discuss this matter further, please contact Barclaycard directly.

We trust that this information is explanatory.

Yours Sincerley

​Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
                              X