GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclaycard Default not registered - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclaycard Default not registered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Barclaycard Default not registered

Why are you fighting Noddle? They aren't a CRA - their parent CallCredit is but lenders aren't exclusively tied to them yet so the main CRA search would be Experian or Equifax. It's these you need to argue with if it's showing incorrect.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      Why are you fighting Noddle? They aren't a CRA - their parent CallCredit is but lenders aren't exclusively tied to them yet so the main CRA search would be Experian or Equifax. It's these you need to argue with if it's showing incorrect.
      Ok, so I need to raise this dispute with experian or Equifax. I didn't realise and did it through noddle as that's the one I'm currently using to check my credit file. I'm only using noddle as others are too expensive.

Comment

Read the second post here --> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...cies-amp-CIFAS

It has links for the £2 statutory report, it's only £4 that way
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

You first apply for your report using my last post as guidance then argue any incorrect entries if any exist upon receipt.

The online £2 version is best.

Comment

You first apply for your report using my last post as guidance then argue any incorrect entries if any exist upon receipt.

The online £2 version is best.
            I'll get on to that straight away. Is there a preferred option out of experian or equifax? Or should I do both.

Comment

Originally posted by RonnyBoy View Post
              Is there a preferred option out of experian or equifax? Or should I do both.
              I can't answer that but there's a rumour going round that if you approach Experian for your file they tell your creditors that you are alive and well and living at such-and-such address. If that's true why not start with your Equifax file. Barclaycard report on Equifax.

Comment

Different lenders search and report to different CRA's so if you're confident you're not in debt and don't care being open then apply for both. However you should only do this if you're not in debt as the CRA's sell data to DCA's etc now.

Comment

I'm still on my DMP with Payplan and will be for the foreseeable future.

I'm unsure about the UE route and what it implies.
                  If you've been in a DMP since 2010 (when your other accounts all defaulted) then your creditors presumably know where you live at the moment so there's probably no risk in getting your CRA file.

Were any of those accounts opened before April 2007 because we could help you check out whether they are enforceable in a court of law or whether you can safely dump them and your DMP?

Can you post a thumbnail sketch on all five (date opened, who is the current owner etc) on here and then we'll take it from there.

Pixie has already made this suggestion so why not give it a go You've nothing to lose because those 2010 defaults will fall off your CRA files in 2016 come hell or high water.

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                  Are you still on your DMP? Have you thought about going down the UE route?

Comment

Different lenders search and report to different CRA's so if you're confident you're not in debt and don't care being open then apply for both. However you should only do this if you're not in debt as the CRA's sell data to DCA's etc now.
                    I haven't taken any more credit out since I defaulted and went on my DMP. The only open accounts that are in good order are my mortgage from 2007, my cashminder account and mobile phone account.

Comment

Originally posted by planB View Post
                      If you've been in a DMP since 2010 (when your other accounts all defaulted) then your creditors presumably know where you live at the moment so there's probably no risk in getting your CRA file.

Were any of those accounts opened before April 2007 because we could help you check out whether they are enforceable in a court of law or whether you can safely dump them and your DMP?

Can you post a thumbnail sketch on all five (date opened, who is the current owner etc) on here and then we'll take it from there.

Pixie has already made this suggestion so why not give it a go You've nothing to lose because those 2010 defaults will fall off your CRA files in 2016 come hell or high water.
                      I'll get that info together and post up tomorrow.

Cheers

Comment

I'll get that info together and post up tomorrow.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by planB View Post

I've checked and double checked and only 2 of my credit cards were taken out before April 2007. So I've added a little more detail.

Both accounts were subsequently taken over by Barclaycard before I hit my financial troubles.

1) Egg CC opened Dec 2000. Taken over by BC and default added to my credit file Feb 2011. BC still own account.

2) MBNA CC opened Jan 2002. Taken over by Goldfish then BC, who've put (6) markers on credit file since Dec 2010. Account taken over in July 2012 by Link Financial who have carried on with (6) markers.

Comment

I've checked and double checked and only 2 of my credit cards were taken out before April 2007. So I've added a little more detail.

Both accounts were subsequently taken over by Barclaycard before I hit my financial troubles.

1) Egg CC opened Dec 2000. Taken over by BC and default added to my credit file Feb 2011. BC still own account.

2) MBNA CC opened Jan 2002. Taken over by Goldfish then BC, who've put (6) markers on credit file since Dec 2010. Account taken over in July 2012 by Link Financial who have carried on with (6) markers.
                            In which case I would definitely check with Niddy to see if they are unenforceable. They look like prime candidates to me

Comment

Have you requested CCA?

Comment

Have you requested CCA?
                                Hi Niddy,

I actually CCA'd both these accounts in 2010/11 (when BC owned them both) and received a copy of my signed agreement from the Egg account and a copy of BCs T&Cs regards the MBNA account. I'm sure I know where that paperwork is, to post up, but cant access it until later in the week.

Is it worth requesting the CCA's again?

Comment

Working...
                                X