GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclaycard Default not registered - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclaycard Default not registered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Barclaycard Default not registered

Are you STILL on a payment plan?
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Yes, I'm still with Payplan.

Comment

Ergo the original creditors entry ought to read AP from date of agreement to present. It's the OC you need to approach; to remedy the matter.

although why are you paying them? You're defaulted.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          Ergo the original creditors entry ought to read AP from date of agreement to present. It's the OC you need to approach; to remedy the matter.

although why are you paying them? You're defaulted.
          Hi Niddy,

I have written to BC directly to try and remedy this matter. They called me last Thursday to say they've received my complaint and will reply within 40 days.

As for your comment in bold.... What are the likely steps a creditor would take against me if I did stop paying anything towards a defaulted account?

Thanks for all you help

Ronny

Comment

What's the balance & have you ever CCA'd them?

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              What's the balance & have you ever CCA'd them?
              Hi Niddy,

I have 4 credit cards ( 3 defaulted & the BC one with late payment markers)

Barclaycard £6500 - opened Feb 2002 - CCAd in 2011 - Now with Link Financial - Late payment markers
              MBNA CC £5000 - opened Nov 2007 - Never CCAd - Now with idem Capital Securities - Defaulted Jan 2011
              Halifax CC £3700 - opened Dec 2004 - Never CCAd - Defaulted Dec 2010
              Egg CC £5500 - opened Feb 2000 - CCAd in 2011 - Now with Barclaycard (transferred 2010) - Defaulted Feb 2011

I also have...

Halifax loan £10250 - taken out Nov 2008 - Defaulted Nov 2010
              Barclays account £4500 OD - opened Sept 1993 - Defaulted Nov 2010

All balances are current.

Regards

RonnyBoy

Comment

Originally posted by RonnyBoy View Post
                Hi Niddy,

I have written to BC directly to try and remedy this matter. They called me last Thursday to say they've received my complaint and will reply within 40 days.

Ronny

I have a reply from BC after sending a letter. Not really what I wanted to hear but what I expected. It read as follows:

Dear RonnyBoy,

........ As we have reported accurate data to the CRA, I am unable to uphold your complaint.

A default notice was issued to you on 7/10/10 informing you that if an agreement is not made, we may pass your account to our recoveries dept and register a formal default on your credit file. On 23/10/10 an off was received from paypal and a letter was sent to confirm that an agreement had been made. As the amount paid was not enough for a formal plan, your account was still passed to our recoveries dept. A default was prevented as you kept up with your monthly payments of £24.

The ICO guidelines state that a default should not be filed " if jointly with the lender an agreement is reached for an arrangement and you keep to the terms of that arrangement". As this was the case for your account, we were unable to register a default with the CRAs. Our entry has now been moved from your credit file permanently and can not be reinstated.

As your account is currently owned by IDR Finance UK Ltd, we have no authority over entries that they make on your credit file. We are unable to dictate to them what they can report as it is their responsibility to ensure that their entry on your file is accurate and up to date.

I would definitely go the unenforceable route if it wasn't for the fact that I don't want the default added to my file now, as that would drop off in 6 years time. Especially when all of my other defaults drop off in less than 3 years. I'm really looking to see what my options are going forward and any advice would be gratefully received.

Kind Regards

Ronnyboy

Comment

Hi Again,

I have received another reply from BC regarding this account today....

Dear RB,

........Firstly I would like to apologise for the confusion and frustration this matter has caused. As a gesture of goodwill, I have enclosed a cheque for £140.

I can confirm that we are no longer reporting any record of your BC account on your credit file. Our record has been deleted. However, your account was sold to IDR Finance Uk in April 2011 and as they are now legal owners of the debt, they will report this account on your credit file.

The info we sent to them when your account was sold did not reflect a default notice. My investigation found that this should have been the case as we had no arrangement to pay in place when your account reached the stage of our collections process, where formal recovery proceedings began.

I have made the necessary arrangements for our debt sales team to contact IDR finance to have their records amended to reflect the default from December 2010 and I apologise again for any inconvenience caused....

I wasn't expecting that. A big thankyou to DebtMagnet for the letter he posted and to everyone who posted for their advice and support.

Cheers

RB

Comment

Hi, heres my reply to a CCA I sent to Barclaycard. The card was originally with EGG.

Thanks in advance
                    Last edited by cymruambyth; 16 September 2014, 07:50. Reason: Link removed as it linked to name

Comment

Hi Ronnie,
                      Just wanted to pop in and say all the best, and also: its best to use the templates from AAD when replying to the lender, debt agencies etc.
                      When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi I have removed the link as it appeared to show your name on photo bucket.
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                          Hi I have removed the link as it appeared to show your name on photo bucket.
                          Thanks cymruambyth.

I wasn't aware those details were on public view, so have altered the details on photo bucket now.

http://s840.photobucket.com/albums/z...nny/Egg%20CCA/

Comment

Originally posted by RonnyBoy View Post
                            Thanks cymruambyth.

I wasn't aware those details were on public view, so have altered the details on photo bucket now.

http://s840.photobucket.com/albums/z...nny/Egg%20CCA/
                            I think that may be one of the reasons that Niddy doesn't like photo bucket! Many years ago it took me ages to work out how to hide my identity

Comment

Hi, Looks like Im in similar situation. Barclaycard account sold to IDR Finance in 2012. IDR Finance instructed Link Financial to manage the account and they have recorded 6's on my credit file since 2012.
                              I have fired off disputes with Equifax today and complaint letter to Barclaycard,
                              Info has been very useful on here - thanks

Just wondering if anyone had received any updated from IDR Finance or Link Financial withe regards correcting their Credit Reports?
                              Last edited by snowy; 22 March 2015, 17:23.

Comment

Thanks to the posters on this thread - I submitted my complaint with Barclaycard only on Sunday and today I have received a reply stating that they admit to the error. They will correct my credit score and have awarded me £150 in compensation which was totally out of the blue. Just need to work on IDR Finance now

Comment

Working...
                                X