GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclaycard Default not registered - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclaycard Default not registered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Barclaycard Default not registered

Originally posted by snowy View Post
    Thanks to the posters on this thread - I submitted my complaint with Barclaycard only on Sunday and today I have received a reply stating that they admit to the error. They will correct my credit score and have awarded me £150 in compensation which was totally out of the blue. Just need to work on IDR Finance now
    I'm so pleased for you snowy, well done

Best wishes
    IF
    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

What I would like to know now is:-

If Barclaycard restrospectively apply a Default from December 2010 on my credit record but do not send me the actual default notice as the account was sold to IDR Finance in May 2012 what will happen now?

Will the default be applied to the IDR record on my credit file? And as a default has been registered can IDR Finance go for a CCJ without actually sending me a default letter?
      Surely they cant default me again or can they?
      Last edited by snowy; 24 March 2015, 20:56.

Comment

They can only default once per debt on CRA. Have they paid the money in to your Bcard account? They awarded me £75 to an account with 1stC who regularly contact me to say my SB account isn't SB due to the £75 that I paid in..........
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

No they are sending me a cheque

Comment

Make sure it arrives; I asked for a cheque but .....
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
              Make sure it arrives; I asked for a cheque but .....
              Great news Snowy - I am in exactly the same position as you - sent my letter to Barclaycard today. If they do put default on I will ask they update Link accordingly so it reflects accurately.

Comment

Barclaycard have relied to me saying they've done nothing wrong and wont be changing their entry on the credit fie. I am appealing this decision and will be writing to the ICO. Can anybody who has had any success with getting Barclaycard to add a default please give me ay further detail please as I want to use this to show a precedent has already been established, Many thanks Andy

Comment

The creditor adding a default is set in guidelines from the ICO. I recently explained the process - here's a useful link. --> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...rence-agencies

In a nutshell a default should be recorded within 9 months of first missed payment if it was a card or loan. If it was a bank account they can keep the account live until the next anniversary then demand repayment then add 9 months so bank accounts can be defaulted almost 2 years after a missed payment in some cases.

If you can tell me the last date you paid and type of account I'll sort you a template to send.
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                    They can only default once per debt on CRA. Have they paid the money in to your Bcard account? They awarded me £75 to an account with 1stC who regularly contact me to say my SB account isn't SB due to the £75 that I paid in..........
                    luckily the limitation act doesn't include monies paid by the creditor. To reset the clock YOU must acknowledge in writing with a signature or YOU must pay funds into the account.
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by snowy View Post
                      What I would like to know now is:-

If Barclaycard restrospectively apply a Default from December 2010 on my credit record but do not send me the actual default notice as the account was sold to IDR Finance in May 2012 what will happen now?

Will the default be applied to the IDR record on my credit file? And as a default has been registered can IDR Finance go for a CCJ without actually sending me a default letter?
                      Surely they cant default me again or can they?
                      A default on your credit file is nothing to do with their legal obligations under s.87/88 CCA1974.

Read this -> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...87-s88-CCA1974

Comment

Hi - I entered into a DMP with CCCS on 1st April 2009 and started making reduced payments to Barclaycard. They started marking my credit entries with AP from March 2009 all the way through to Sept 2010 then for some strange reason reverted back to late payment markers starting at 1 and ending up at 6 by April 2011 before selling the debt to IDR Finance June 2011 and marking my credit file as Settled in July 2011. All of which seems wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by andy9137 View Post
                          Hi - I entered into a DMP with CCCS on 1st April 2009 and started making reduced payments to Barclaycard. They started marking my credit entries with AP from March 2009 all the way through to Sept 2010 then for some strange reason reverted back to late payment markers starting at 1 and ending up at 6 by April 2011 before selling the debt to IDR Finance June 2011 and marking my credit file as Settled in July 2011. All of which seems wrong?
                          From what you say here this is what should have happened......

Your credit file will show [0] markers until your last full payment, presumably to March 2009. If you continued in the DMP until September 2010 then stopped, your file would read the agreement as [AP] for the period Apr 2009 through Sep 2010. Then from Oct 2010 it'd revert to a [1] status; [2] in Nov 2010, [3] in Dec 2010, [4] in Jan 2011, [5] in Feb 2011, [6] in March 2011 and then from April 2011 it should record [D] or they can settle it with an [S] and then the new owner adds a default but that date MUST be the same as the original so in your case it should be April 2011 (or July 2011 at the very latest). So IDR or whoever should have a default recorded dated April 2011.

Remember they can add 3 months to this as the rules allow 9 months to default, albeit my example shows 6 months. As it's settled in July 2011, that is +3 months from April (the official default period) so it will be fine and you have no complaint, sadly.

Is this near enough what has happened?

Comment

No not really - I didn't stop with the DMP and have made payments to them every month since starting in April 2009 so no idea why Barclaycard changed the way in which it reported my data to the CRA. IDR (Link Financial) started reporting 6 markers from the moment they acquired the debt right through to March of this year when they changed it to AP. Presumably after I contacted them to say this should have been defaulted. No default has been added by either Barclaycard or IDR Finance

Comment

Originally posted by andy9137 View Post
                              No not really - I didn't stop with the DMP and have made payments to them every month since starting in April 2009 so no idea why Barclaycard changed the way in which it reported my data to the CRA. IDR (Link Financial) started reporting 6 markers from the moment they acquired the debt right through to March of this year when they changed it to AP. Presumably after I contacted them to say this should have been defaulted.
                              Ok so you're still in a live DMP are you?

You are aware that getting a default is better - by having AP markers they will stay visible for 12 years, so for +6 years AFTER you finish paying the debt off? If I were you I would beg for a default - not CRA correction because them correcting your file is worse, long term. Once you get defaulted then it's 6 years and that's it - it vanishes forever even if you pay the debt off over 20 years.

You need to first understand the effects of CRA markers before jumping in with complaints - Anything previous to the current month is irrelevant, if they are currently reporting AP markers then fine, it is right - anything before that won't matter because as long as you are paying this you will have a trailing 6 years AP markers. Basically the worse thing on your credit file. It's worse than a CCJ as it's visible for 12 years

I can help, so don't do anything yet - let's discuss options......

Comment

Yes fully aware of that and this is why I have asked them to default me from six months after entering into the DMP - OCT 2009 but they have refused. What I was asking is for any evidence I can use to pursue my appeal to the ICO. I feel I should have been defaulted in Oct 2009 as all my other creditors did this as I was making non contractual payments

Comment

Working...
                                X