My diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My diary

My first post so please be kind. I have had this passed around about 7 or 8 debt collectors. Due to divorce ill health I have lost most of them. I have uploaded the letters I have and am struggling to cope.

Credit Card

MBNA

Balance £20,500

Taken out November 1996

Not making payment

Last paid in full January 2006

Being chased by DCA

25/09/09 CCA Request sent to Arrow
    Various letetrs from, Arrow, Fredrickson, Robinson Way recieved
    8/10/12 Letter off Rossendales insisting I pay £10 per month
    10/10/12 Sent letter to Rossendales asking for debt to be written off due to financial hardship
    12/10/12 2 letters off Rossendales confirming acceptance of agreement to pay £10, that I never agreed
    15/10/12 Letter sent to Rossendales and Arrow advising them of unenforceability
    22/10/12 Letter off Rossendales advising they are contacting their client with regard to my query and account is on hold
    14/01/13 Same letter as one from 22/10 received today
    15/2/13 Letter off Equidebt for Co Op debt of £12,883.97
    16/2/13 Sent template letter prescribed terms missing to Equidebt
    Last edited by sjd67; 16 February 2013, 08:41.

Re: My diary

I made some reduced payments to various debt collectors but havent paid anything for about 4 years now. Have had various debt collectors chasing me. I have sent Niddy my agreement that I was eventually sent. Also told them that I didnt get the copy of terms and conditions the same as Harrison vs Link Financial.

Comment

Thanks for the words of encouragement, even my Doctor has sent a letter saying that its having an adverse effect on. A few others have written debts off and been quite helpful amazingly. Feel a bit better just being on here and getting some decent advice

Comment

it's going to be

I'll confirm later but don't worry - you'll be fine. Try and avoid all contact with them for now.....
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
          EDIT: Here on AAD we are always kind!
          Originally posted by sjd67 View Post
          Thanks for the words of encouragement
          Hi and welcome from me as well. You will always be respected and supported on this forum no matter what brought you here (unlike some others I could mention), it is part of the ethos of the entire site.

Originally posted by sjd67 View Post
          my Doctor has sent a letter saying that its having an adverse effect on.
          Be VERY careful when sending letters at this stage, even if they are well intentioned. You only have to acknowledge the alleged debt in writing and those four years will be wiped out.

DROSSendales are bailiffs, aren't they? How did they come to get involved in this? It might be a good idea to give us a full history of what has happened so far, insofar as you can.

SH

Comment

Brilliant thanks so much you have no idea how happy you have just made me!

Comment

Originally posted by ScabHunter View Post
              Hi and welcome from me as well. You will always be respected and supported on this forum no matter what brought you here (unlike some others I could mention), it is part of the ethos of the entire site.

Be VERY careful when sending letters at this stage, even if they are well intentioned. You only have to acknowledge the alleged debt in writing and those four years will be wiped out.

DROSSendales are bailiffs, aren't they? How did they come to get involved in this? It might be a good idea to give us a full history of what has happened so far, insofar as you can.

SH
              They are also debt collectors and from what others have said rely on the fact they are bailiffs to scare people

Comment

Yea rossendales are dca's as well as bailiffs but don't worry.

I'll sort you a suitable response later. For now ignore them. No more writing letters as you may be affecting SB dependant on wording used.

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Some history (on mbna) i.e a timeline would be good as you've sent me letters that are 4 years old.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
                    Indeed, they are best known as bailiffs acting on behalf of various councils to recover unpaid council tax, but they are also debt collectors and rely on the fact that they are better known as bailiffs to scare people. ---> Rossendales - Bailiffs - Debt Collection & Recovery Agency

More on Rossendales ---> Rossendales - allaboutFORUMS

Hopefully these accounts are doesn't matter who they are then all of them anyway.

Comment

It was passed around various debt collectors, those are all the letters I have the last time I wrote back to Arrow was in response to a letter off them in February 2011 stating that I couldn't pay any creditors and about my ill health and asking to write it off. Then didnt hear anything until the letter off Rossendales a couple of weeks ago. I first contacted MBNA in January 2006 stating I couldnt pay, then the merrygoround started. They eventually offered to settle for £600 before passing the debt on, this was by telephone, before I had a vague clue about what I was doing. I have found some more letters and have emailed them to you. I have also sent the letters I sent to them.

I have noticed the letters have different amounts and I was only sent the application form I filled out

Now trying to be orgainsed and keep things together

I havent sent my reply to them today I will wait for your repsonse
                      Last edited by sjd67; 8 October 2012, 14:49.

Comment

What reply have you sent today, exactly!??

Comment

I havent replied to them today, I was going to then cam across this forum and didnt send anything as yet.

Comment

Ok good don't yet. Wait for now. I'll sort you a suitable reply

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                              Ok good don't yet. Wait for now. I'll sort you a suitable reply
                              I hope you post it up niddy, I love these

Comment

Working...
                              X