My diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: My diary

Not heard a thing from them but no doubt will before end of march being financial year end

Comment

Just had a letter off Arrow Global who are trying to trace me with regard to a personal matter and saying I should phone them if I am the person they are after or if I can give any information on my whereabouts. Well that's gone straight in the bin! No idea why they need to try and trace me have lived here for the last nine and a half years and have had umpteen letters off them previously.
      Last edited by sjd67; 4 June 2016, 10:51.

Comment

Phishing trip x
        if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I originally requested the CCA in September 2009 and received it in November 2011. Before Niddy got involved in October 2012 I did ask a few times for it to be written off due to mental health issues. Havent made a payment for probably 8 and a bit years. WOudl that mean it is not close to getting statue barred or would the clock have started ticking again until Niddy got involved in 2012, which would mean another couple of years to go?

Comment

If you last paid 6+ years ago it's already SB. So 8+ years means definitely SB.

Just ignore this now. If you get a legal threat let us know.

ps - when Niddy (me) got involved your life got easier. Our templates never affect SB.

Have faith
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Too right definitley got easier, would have made life much easier if I had found you years ago

Comment

Just received a letter off capquest welcoming me and telling me they are now dealing with the account for me. How kind of them. They must be about the only DCA that this hasn't been passed to yet. Will wait for them to start threatening before making any response.

Comment

Don't we all love triers , bless um xx

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Just received a letter off Crapquest offering me a settlement figure of 80% discount which gives a settlement figure of £4078.11. Having been told previously that the account is unenforceable but could be made enforecable by the solicitor Paul that Niddy put me in touch with it is kind of tempting to try to come up with some sort of payment plan as clearly I can't afford to pay it all in one go. Any suggestions?

Comment

I think I would let sleeping dogs and all that.Maybe someone knows different.However temping it is to goad ..... debatable.xx

Comment

Hi

Is this already past the SB date? If so. perhaps it would be best to do as Nana suggests.

Comment

Not sure. Last paid anything over eight years ago. Did write to them a few times asking them to write it off. Requested CCA in 2009. Found this forum in 2012 and have been following the advice on here since then. so not sure about anything pre 2012. Have only ever received the application form. Here is some history.

22/10/12 Letter off Rossendales advising they are contacting their client with regard to my query and account is on hold
                          14/01/13 Same letter as one from 22/10 received today
                          11/05/13 Letter received off Arrow about Mental health with forms to fill in, Niddys response was to tell them to sod off as they have had letters off my Doctor

Last made any payment over 5 years ago. according to Niddy there are a number of CCA breaches
                          Niddys post:

Why? Read the terms - what was purported to be on the reverse of that form - and you'll see they mention a range of conditions from 9.4 to 10.5/6 etc.... yet where are they?

They were NEVER issued PRIOR to issuance of the card, they couldn't have been cos the first you have seen of these missing terms is when Arrow sent a copy (the 10 page document thing - post 56 above)....

Also the penalty charges they refer to are the reduced ones from much more recent

Point is, IMO this is UE and must remain so, as it was at fault at outset. However I will ask Paul for his opinion as I know he has recently won a case with similar terms so he's the expert with MBNA accounts from around 1996

22/11/13 Rossendales letter stating say they are acting in good faith on behalf of Arrow and the debt refers to an MBNA card taken out in 1996 at one of my old addresses, not the correct one where it was taken out. Then goes on to say they understand I am asking for a copy of the CCA and there is a charge for this of £1, please resend my request and enclose £1....replied stating that this wasnt what I requested and to read previous letters

18/1/14 Letter off Rossendales saying no longer dealing with this and being passed back to their client.

3/4/14 Arrow informed me was now being dealt with by Debt Managers
                          19/4/14 Sold in dispute letter sent to Debt Managers
                          23/5/14 letter off Debt Manager advising me that Arrow complied with the CCA request in 2011 and it has not been disputed.. Clearly Arrow dont count the letter I sent them as a dispute.
                          28/5/14 New CCA request sent
                          6/6/14 Letter off Arrow tih the cheque that had been sent to Debt Managers for £1 enclosed, along with the original application form and a copy of some terms and conditions which are not the ones that were applicable when taken out

Comment

Ask yourself this - why would they offer an 80% reduction unless they know their position is flawed?

IF the debt is SB then you don't need to bother replying.

IF the debt is not SB then is pretty damn close, and what they are trying to do is to trick you into making contact and admitting liability for the debt which could then reset the 6 year clock, especially if you start making payment offers.........

The account is UE, but could be put right, then last thing you want to do is be giving them the opportunity by opening up correspondence.

If the chances are its SB, then there is no need to start making yourself a target at this stage, but instead wait for the more serious threats to come in, then you can bring out the big guns.
                            "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
                              Ask yourself this - why would they offer an 80% reduction unless they know their position is flawed?

IF the debt is SB then you don't need to bother replying.

IF the debt is not SB then is pretty damn close, and what they are trying to do is to trick you into making contact and admitting liability for the debt which could then reset the 6 year clock, especially if you start making payment offers.........

The account is UE, but could be put right, then last thing you want to do is be giving them the opportunity by opening up correspondence.

If the chances are its SB, then there is no need to start making yourself a target at this stage, but instead wait for the more serious threats to come in, then you can bring out the big guns.
                              Having thought it through a bit I was kind of coming to the same conclusions. So will file this letter unless someone comes up with with some other option. Even if its 2 years off being SB like you say I dont want to start the clock ticking again

Comment

• Well just when you thought it was over, Arrow Global rear their head again, they wrote to me last week saying that I still hadnt been in touch etc. today got a letter off Resolve Call saying it was in my interest to call them and if I didn't they would send a desperate commission only person to visit me. Might open the door with my 95kg St Bernard Cross French Mastiff, who is particularly partial to strangers hassling the family

Comment

Working...
                                X