My diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My diary

Just had a look at their previous letter dated 4/10 and that says "we have set your payment at £10".

Comment

ah so this arrangement is a wee figment of their imagination

Comment

Absolutely maybe they should change their name to Jackanory

Comment

Morning

Ok try sending this back to Rossendales.... Take a copy of it, and also the two letters from rossendales dated 8th & 10th and attach them to the letter with a copy of your hardship request to write off the debt that you sent.

Make sense?

So you're sending a copy of everything, to both Arrow and to Rossendales as follows;
          • This letter
          • Copy of rossendales letter of 8th october
          • Copy of rossendales letter of 10th october
          • Copy of your letter to rossendales (from the other day)
          Obviously you need to edit the parts shown in the template, in red.

Dear Sirs,

Ref: xxxxxxxx

I write with reference to your letter(s) dated 8th & 10th October 2012 with some severe concerns which requires your immediate attention.

I wrote to you on xx October 2012 clearly outlining my position and total inability to settle this debt due to my personal circumstances and illness. In response to this you decided it'd be fun to create an offer for me, and send your client confirmation of this offer, even though I never (at any point) made an offer. I do not have £10 per month and even if I did, it would be for me to make any such agreement, not you. Just who do you think you are? You cannot go around making offers on other peoples behalf; this account is also disputed and has been ever since the original creditor failed to adequately respond to my lawful s.78 request. This request remains outstanding and the fact no offer has been made, based on my having a viable dispute over the whole account, provide additional reason not to make any offers with you.

Going back to my letter of xx October 2012, please pay attention to the content and respond in kind, regardless, in order to be able to adjudge my position effectively I still require a "true copy" of the actual agreement that apparently exists. I also require that you clarify your position on this point as failure to do so, even by omission or lack of a response, will be regarded as an attempt to deliberately misrepresent or conceal the legal position regarding this matter to which an appropriate complaint will be made to the OFT. I do, after all, make my request in good faith and I feel you would take advantage of your position and such an approach from your business would not be in the best interests of a healthy business/client relationship. In light of the above, I consider this account to be unenforceable until such time you properly comply with my original s.78 request and send a copy of the original purported document, if it exists. If it does not, then you must confirm this to me in line with your licensing guidance.

If you feel you cannot write off the debt based on my illness and pure inability to pay, due to severe hardship, then I suggest you at least comply with my s.78 request and send me an agreement along with full details of your internal policies regards to severe financial hardship cases which as you're no doubt aware, does restrict the action you are able to take and also protects me against unjust threats and bullying whilst you fairly assess my financial position. I have made it clear that I cannot afford anything and my illness prohibits that changing in the future hence writing off the balance is the best alternative all round.

A copy of this letter has been forwarded to your client, Arrow, as I am sure they'll be interested to know that you make offers for people without their knowledge. On that note please send me confirmation and proof of how such an offer was applied to this account, which should be interesting to say the least.

As a result of the above and the fact this account is clearly unenforceable, I expect you to write back and confirm that no further action will be taken and that the account is now closed and no further correspondence will take place; irrespective, unless you do supply a copy of the original agreement I will not correspond with you again and any threats will be averred and unlawful and vexatious with a counter-claim forthcoming.

Yours faithfully,

Sign Digitally
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Brilliant thanks very much will get it off to them on Monday

Comment

Have just found my original CCA request sent to Arrow on 25/09/09

Comment

Originally posted by sjd67 View Post
                Have just found my original CCA request sent to Arrow on 25/09/09
                We'll worry about that later - for now send the above off
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Letters been printed out ready to go in the post on Monday

Comment

Received a letter off Rossendales today simply says:

Dear Sir/Madam

We are currently in the process of contacting our client in regards to your query. Your account is on hold until a response is issued. We thank you for your patience.

A bit of a change of tune from them

Comment

Originally posted by sjd67 View Post
                      Received a letter off Rossendales today simply says:

Dear Sir/Madam

We are currently in the process of contacting our client in regards to your query. Your account is on hold until a response is issued. We thank you for your patience.

A bit of a change of tune from them
                      That is the first sign of the worm turning. Good.

You also have to question the professionalism of an organisation which issues moronic threats as though they are going out of fashion, and then when they need to communicate with you personally, they appear not to know either your name or your gender.

SH

Comment

Originally posted by ScabHunter View Post
                        That is the first sign of the worm turning. Good.

You also have to question the professionalism of an organisation which issues moronic threats as though they are going out of fashion, and then when they need to communicate with you personally, they appear not to know either your name or your gender.

SH
                        Thanks, those were precisely my thoughts. I will wait for them to come back with we sent you the agreement blah blah blah, when in fact all they have sent me is an application form!

Comment

Got exactly the same letter as the one from 22nd October today

Comment

No problem. Nothing has changed. I know waiting is never easy, but all you can do is get on with the rest of your life and deal with these goons again if and when they come up with something.

At least it is giving you a holiday from the constant need to spend time and money replying to facetious threats.

SH

Comment

Have just received a letter off Equidebt about a co op credit card. I did a CCA request in 2010 and they sent me a copy of the application form. I wrote to them when they kept chasing me and told them that it did not comply but all they had sent was the application. They have written to me today as I have previously stated that through depression etc I couldnt deal with them with some mental health forms. I will email Niddy with the copies and await a response. Hope this is right contuining this in the same thread.

Have emailed Niddy
                              Last edited by sjd67; 15 February 2013, 10:55.

Comment

Today sending template letter stating that there are no prescribed terms, on Niddys advice and will await their response.

Comment

Working...
                                X