Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My diary

Hiya

Ok, having looked at this and with the clear lack of knowledge involved it would be best if right now you simply started again and at this stage write to them asking them to write off the debt.

I'm not trying to get you to go backwards, but by formalising it we then have something to fall back on should they refuse and/or not do things as asked, and within the scope of current legislation and guidance.

Hence, for now send this to Rossendales (regards MBNA)..

---> Our Templates | General Debt Templates | Ask your Creditor to Write off your Debt

Send the above, with your added extra's included, and let me know upon any response - this is formalising things so they have to take notice, or we'll then look at complaining to the regulators. Before posting it, please email me a copy of it after you've filled in the blanks (your illness/reasons) and I'll check it over....
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Have emailed it to you. What about the fact that when I did the CCA all I got was a copy of the application form rather than an agreement? Or am I clouding the issue here

Comment

I think if you just follow what niddy says you will be on the right road in no time.

Comment

Thanks everyone I nearly managed to get a decent nights sleep last night. Hopefully no more of these will appear out of the woodwork now. They always seem to just around Christmas to make life even worse

Comment

Originally posted by sjd67 View Post
            Have emailed it to you. What about the fact that when I did the CCA all I got was a copy of the application form rather than an agreement? Or am I clouding the issue here
            Don't worry about that yet, first thing - lets get rossendales off the case.

Worry about cca breaches later, as right now they cannot enforce so long as that breach remains

* your letter is good to go
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Brilliant thanks will get it in the post recorded delivery tomorrow morning, will update as soon as I get their reply

Comment

Just wanted to say you are in safe hands here, get the letter sent off and make sure you keep the receipt somewhere safe. I staple mine to a copy of the letter - just in case it's needed at a later stage.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll sleep better now.

MK
                Last edited by mk_chatham; 9 October 2012, 16:21. Reason: speelling !!
                One day at a time, with £34K of UE debt

LloydsTSB - For the (UE) journey NatWest/RBS Mint - (Un)Helpful banking
                Marbles - they lost 'em - and my CCA, what a shame

Comment

Received 2 letters today off Rossendales confirming acceptance of the agreement to pay £10 per month. Quite incredible that they have the nerve to claim I have agreed to pay them anything. Letters ,must have crossed with mine but have emailed them to Niddy anyway
                  Last edited by sjd67; 12 October 2012, 12:08.

Comment

Received 2 letters today off Rossendales confirming acceptance of the agreement to pay £10 per month. Quite incredible that they have the nerve to claim I have agreed to pay them anything. Letters ,must have crossed with mine but have emailed them to Niddy anyway
                    I would be tempted to demand they produce written evidence of your non-existent offer, failing which you will report them to the appropriate authority.

Comment

I was thinking of that, will see what Niddy has to say as I dont want to go jumping the gun, as their letters crossed with my reply to them that he got me to send

Comment

The letter dated the 8th states:

We write to confirm acceptance of your offer to settle this debt. The instalments agreed today are as follows, Arrangement £10 every 31 days.

Letter dated 10th states:
                        We refer to the above and the arrangement agreed with you for payment of your debt. We have immediately advise Arrow Global that an arrangement has been agreed....

Well they had better advise them that they were lying then, as my understanding of agreement and arrangement differ to theirs
                        Last edited by sjd67; 12 October 2012, 15:31.

Comment

If this case ever reaches a court, they will need to produce a witness statement and give evidence of the letter you sent them making the alleged offer. Unless they were prepared to resort to criminal forgery, they might find that rather difficult.

They are doing you far more favours than they are doing themselves, so make sure you retain all paperwork.

You will obviously need to challenge them at this point, but they have already dug the hole for themselves and have no escape.

SH

Comment

Going off what a bunch of shysters they are I wouldnt put it past them.

Comment

Well they had better advise them that they were lying then, as my understanding of agreement and arrangement differ to theirs
                              Can you clarify, they are suggesting you have made an offer when you never?

I'll check emails later, but as at now - nothing from you in my inbox (agreements@all-about-debt.co.uk)

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                                Can you clarify, they are suggesting you have made an offer when you never?

I'll check emails later, but as at now - nothing from you in my inbox (agreements@all-about-debt.co.uk)
                                I will resend but definitely confirming an offer I never made. On Monday I sent you the 2 letters I had received off them. The first one saying the debt had been passed to them and the 2nd one demanding the £10 a month. I will resend the 2 I received today as I sent them a couple of hours ago.

The only letters were the first one saying I couldnt pay anything and the one you saw pleading financial hardship

Have just emailed again
                                Last edited by sjd67; 12 October 2012, 13:34.

Comment

Working...
                                X