GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Capital One - March 2006. Is this enforceable? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Capital One - March 2006. Is this enforceable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capital One - March 2006. Is this enforceable?

Hello all,

This Cap One card dates from 2nd week March 2006. The last payment made was to Cap One in September 2009.
    Briefly, I sent a CCA request to Cap one in January 2010. The copy agreement received in response looks very strange....minuscule writing, columns out of alignment etc. It does however contain my address and signature, although I'm pretty sure the copy signature has been lifted from an application form.

Not much has happened on this to date, I received a Notice of Default in Feb 2010 from Cap One under section 87 (1) giving me 28 days to pay up....I thought DN's had to specify a specific date to comply! Several DCA's including Fredricksons, Capquest, Scotcall, HL Legal etc. have been seen off. Received two letters today from both Cap One and Lowell advising account has been sold to Lowell. I would like Niddy to take a look at the copy agreement if he has a moment! Of course any other comments or advice gratefully received!

R

Re: Capital One - March 2006. Is this enforceable?

SB is dated from the last payment, not when the card was taken out. so this wouldn't be SB yet. You need to have no payments and no acknowledgment in writing for six years in England (5 in Scotland).

I would be inclined to send off a CCA request to Lowell. It's amazing what they lose in these transfers.

Did you ever pay anything to any of the DCAs?

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
      SB is dated from the last payment, not when the card was taken out. so this wouldn't be SB yet. You need to have no payments and no acknowledgment in writing for six years in England (5 in Scotland).

I would be inclined to send off a CCA request to Lowell. It's amazing what they lose in these transfers.

Did you ever pay anything to any of the DCAs?

Thanks MrsD, I'm aware I have about 14 months to go before SB. No payments or acknowledgements to anyone....last payment to Cap One Sept 2009. Good idea, I'll send a CCA request and see what Lowell come up with.

Comment

wait until they contact you, no point in rushing it

Comment

Well that's 4 of us now that have received these letters from Lowell's----> THE TECH CLERKS - CAPITAL ONE = LOWELLS NOW

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
            Well that's 4 of us now that have received these letters from Lowell's----> THE TECH CLERKS - CAPITAL ONE = LOWELLS NOW
            When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Five.....

Comment

Hello all,

Have I committed a misdemeanor? I can't seem to access the template section....just wanted to review possible options in dealing with Lowell.

Comment

Originally posted by rockwell View Post
                  Hello all,

Have I committed a misdemeanor? I can't seem to access the template section....just wanted to review possible options in dealing with Lowell.
                  Have a read here ------> Accessing Our New Templates

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
                    Have a read here ------> Accessing Our New Templates
                    Thank you Deepie, all sorted!

Comment

Can I add my name to the list? Received the letters stating Lowells had bought this one after I thought I'd seen this one off a few years ago. 8 months to go to SB.

S

Comment

Rockwell - have you checked your CR?
                        I have mine - and I wait with bated breath to see what happens next.
                        Account has gone in a puff of smoke, with no apparent justification.
                        Deep suspicion......

Comment

Originally posted by DoubtingThomas View Post
                          Rockwell - have you checked your CR?
                          I have mine - and I wait with bated breath to see what happens next.
                          Account has gone in a puff of smoke, with no apparent justification.
                          Deep suspicion......
                          Ditto

Comment

Hurry up letter received from Lowells, they want to be paid
                            Which is best to send them first, a prove it letter or dca request?

S

Comment

feeling left out hubbys was sent back to cap1 ages ago but haven't heard of lowells
                              mine's with link, but not being paid

Comment

Working...
                              X