GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Capital One - March 2006. Is this enforceable? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Capital One - March 2006. Is this enforceable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Capital One - March 2006. Is this enforceable?

Originally posted by marypoppins View Post
    Hi Rockwell has Niddy got back to you yet about the documents?

He's got mine too at the moment and on first glance (via his mobile) he thinks it may be enforceable but was going to inspect it further and let me know.
    Unfortunately my news is not good! looks enforceable to Niddy. I'm wondering how to keep this going until October when it becomes SB'd.

As I mentioned before, columns out of alignment, tiny print....surely no financial company would send an agreement out like this. Everything else from their side (Cap One and Lowell) seems in order. The only slight issue is a 28 day DN but everything I read on here suggests this would not be considered by a DJ.

Comment

Just because it's enforceable doesn't mean you can't blag it. I've been doing it for one for nearly 3 years. Just follow the same procedure.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by rockwell View Post
        Unfortunately my news is not good! looks enforceable to Niddy. I'm wondering how to keep this going until October when it becomes SB'd.

As I mentioned before, columns out of alignment, tiny print....surely no financial company would send an agreement out like this. Everything else from their side (Cap One and Lowell) seems in order. The only slight issue is a 28 day DN but everything I read on here suggests this would not be considered by a DJ.
        Sounds like we're in exactly the same position, I just keep thinking that I've got this far since 2009 so only a bit further to go.

It's the only time I think 'roll on xmas'!

Comment

28 day DN and the answer would be :- then you had longer to correct position, different if less than 14 days, FSA response
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
            Just because it's enforceable doesn't mean you can't blag it. I've been doing it for one for nearly 3 years. Just follow the same procedure.
            What procedure please?

S.

Comment

I would send the missing pts letter, you just need to hold them at bay for another wee while, so you just continue as if the CCA was UE

Comment

Latest from Lowell; Pre-Legal Assessment letter.

If we decide to use the County Court the process will be as follows; 1. You will Receive a claim form. 2. If you don't pay in 14 days a CCJ will be registered against you. Attachment of earnings etc! They forgot to mention they would have to win the case first!!

They seem to have ignored my missing prescribed terms letter, perhaps they're confident all terms are present. Any advice most welcome.

Comment

If we decide to use the County Court the process will be as follows; 1. You will Receive a claim form. 2. If you don't pay in 14 days a CCJ will be registered against you. Attachment of earnings etc! They forgot to mention they would have to win the case first!!

They seem to have ignored my missing prescribed terms letter, perhaps they're confident all terms are present. Any advice most welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
                    Thanks Deepie, will do

Comment

Mine arrived this morning Rockwell!

I had posted another s78 request yesterday so not really sure whether to send a response so will see what advice I get.

Comment

CCJ you have 28 days to pay before registration takes place?

Comment

Just saw your post in diary section. I'll send Deepie's suggested letter on Monday. I'll keep you informed of any updates.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                            CCJ you have 28 days to pay before registration takes place?
                            Well spotted TC it's very easy to miss these things when you read them!

Comment

Another Pre Legal Assessment letter from Lowell, this time a bit more venomous....we know where you live, we checked your credit file and you are capable of paying etc.

They have chosen to ignore both my recent responses, missing prescribed terms / legal threat. Think I'll write back suggesting they read my letters, also that their latest missive is misleading and riddled with inaccuracies.

I'm sure Niddy is correct when he said this is enforceable but he did suggest there may be a chink in their armour regarding T & C's. The T&C's they have attached in response to a CCA have pre agreement 05 2005 on the bottom of first page....may be irrelevant!

Comment

Received an auto generated response from Lowell to my missing prescribed terms letter....shortly followed by yet another 30% discount offer! Nothing yet following my legal threat response letter. Niddy has advised those of us with Lowell a/c's to be vigilant as they are currently handing bundles of a/c's over to Carter / Shoesmiths etc.

8 months to go until SB'd kicks in on this!

Comment

Working...
                                X