GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Capital One - March 2006. Is this enforceable? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Capital One - March 2006. Is this enforceable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Capital One - March 2006. Is this enforceable?

The 6th year is as stressful as the 1st year!

If Carters/Shoesmiths are taking over, let's hope they take there time to get files and decide how to proceed.

Comment

Letter received from Lowell in response to my legal action threat letter. "We are taking your complaint seriously and will investigate fully etc etc"

No complaint from me, simply a response to their threat of legal action advising I will vigorously defend. i wonder what's next!

Comment

RED/Hampton/Lowell - Support Group

Item 9 same as your response, so suggest you start your diary there as well as we can keep up to date with Lowells missives??
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Many thanks for your help TC, Lowell's letter is exactly the same as post 9 with a half-assed complaint procedure on the back!

Good idea regarding a diary, will try and complete before the w/e.

Comment

Hi Rockwell
            Any update/movement on this at all?
            DT

Comment

Hi DT, good to hear from you. I'm in the "we are dealing with your complaint category"! I'm sure their next communication will state they have investigated fully and normal collection activity will resume asap. Will keep you posted!

Comment

so relative calm then....
                I have had a couple of weird letters re mine, and a few other odd things happen;not sure what to make of them. Can't ignore, but can't really answer either.
                Let me/us know when you stop being investigated. There are times when I would like to be a fly on the wall to see what/how/if they actually do, and listen to the phone conversations.
                Then again, perhaps not.....
                Take care
                DT

Comment

One thing I've noticed from reading posts on here is the number of SD's issued by DCA's seems to have tailed off, has there been a recent change in legislation on this? Maybe it's easier for them to use County Courts as the preferred collection method.

In any event, my strategy on this is to follow Niddy's advice and blag all the way until year end if possible.

Comment

Lowell's were known to issue lots. I announced last year they'd be ceasing - it's because we (and others) found them easy to get wiped hence they made a business decision to stop last August so you won't see many now.

I heard of a law firm taking on an unqualified person as they were good at getting them set-aside. Ermm no. Anyone could do it. However it'll be interesting to see if they stay employed now that SD's have dried up. You'd presume not.....

I love the banter.
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Glad you put this answer Niddy - it sort of answers my question at the end of this thread:
                      RED/Hampton/Lowell - Support Group

Lowells seem to be running out of things to say to me in their letters, and mine have become reduced to one-liners in reply.
                      Still waiting for the threats of imminent excommunication though. Last year Rockwell and I were neck and neck with C One and are sort of with Lowells.

My mantra at present is, if in doubt, send a CCA.
                      DT

Comment

Letter from Lowell in response to my "complaint" They appear to confident to the extreme on this! Also enclosed were copy CCA, T&C's and statements. Niddy has already said this is enforceable.

1. Cap One sent CCA in 2009
                        2. Lowell sent same a few months ago
                        3. Lowell sent assignment letter 2014.

"We consider debt due and owing and requirements of the CCa 1974 fully satisfied etc etc" We may now take legal action but meanwhile expect you to make payment arrangements etc.

As I'm effectively blagging this I need to consider my next move carefully as I may be running out of options! SB'd in 6 months end November!

Comment

Hi Rockwell
                          The silence is deafening- any news?
                          DT

Comment

No doubt a 50% offer letter lot nearer the time maybe????
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by rockwell View Post
                              Letter from Lowell in response to my "complaint" They appear to confident to the extreme on this! Also enclosed were copy CCA, T&C's and statements. Niddy has already said this is enforceable.

1. Cap One sent CCA in 2009
                              2. Lowell sent same a few months ago
                              3. Lowell sent assignment letter 2014.

"We consider debt due and owing and requirements of the CCa 1974 fully satisfied etc etc" We may now take legal action but meanwhile expect you to make payment arrangements etc.
                              I've not been following this thread but I've just noticed your post from 20th May ^^^^

Did you reply to Lowells and if so what did you send?

If your last payment was September 2009 the debt should be statute barred in October (3 months to go) so it would be good to keep the conversation flowing to pre-empt a last minute summons inside the limitation deadline, especially since you say this debt has been declared enforceable.

I know you say they re-sent a CCA etc in May but was it exactly the same one as you were sent before (which you showed to Niddy) or was it different?

And when did you last send a formal s.78 CCA request - wasn't there one to Lowells in October 2014?

Plan B x

Comment

Hi PlanB, thank you for looking at this.

Not at home at the moment but from memory I sent CCA request to Cap One in late 2009.
                                CCA request sent to Lowell in Dec 2014.
                                Exactly the same docs received on both occasions (list of transactions and T&C's received from Lowell)

Niddy suggested a little bit of blagging so sent missing prescribed terms letter to Lowell early 2015. Response received from Lowell stating "we are investigating your complaint etc"
                                Letter from Lowell May 2015 stating fully investigated and no grounds for upholding complaint. All correct documentation sent including CCA, assignment letter etc. Lowell would hold off for 30 days but then may take legal action. Nothing received since May 2015.

Last payment made mid Oct 2009 and no payment or acknowledgement since then. I'll check dated tonight and confirm if all this is correct! Really appreciate your help on this!

Comment

Working...
                                X