GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Capital One - March 2006. Is this enforceable? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Capital One - March 2006. Is this enforceable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Capital One - March 2006. Is this enforceable?

Without checking, original CCA\ sent to Cap One Jan 2010 and last CCA sent a couple of years ago. You kindly checked the original last year and the A/C is enforceable. Last payment.1st November 2009 and no payment or acknowledgement since then.

Comment

So it should be SB. I'd issue a new CCA as per -> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...854#post541854
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Did they send a termination notice after the DN they sent in feb 2010. Although it shouldn't have any bearing on the CoA for SB we all know that dca's try it on and claim that CoA runs from DN/termination date and while there are some judges that go along with that misconception, if possible it's best to try and get past that date claim free as it cuts out any argument for them to bullshit a judge. So just for certainty, if we base it on termination date will that be sometime in March. If you send a cca request that should eat into the time further.

Comment

Originally posted by panther12 View Post
          Did they send a termination notice after the DN they sent in feb 2010. Although it shouldn't have any bearing on the CoA for SB we all know that dca's try it on and claim that CoA runs from DN/termination date and while there are some judges that go along with that misconception, if possible it's best to try and get past that date claim free as it cuts out any argument for them to bullshit a judge. So just for certainty, if we base it on termination date will that be sometime in March. If you send a cca request that should eat into the time further.

Thank you panther, notice of default Section 87 (1) sent on 2/2/10. Statement of default 7/3/10 advising account officially terminated. Shortly after this passed on to a DCA..

Comment

Send a new CCA. As I suggest - it's way past SB

** have fun
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              Send a new CCA. As I suggest - it's way past SB

** have fun

Thanks Niddy, will do!

And this is for Lowell!

Comment

Originally posted by rockwell View Post
                notice of default Section 87 (1) sent on 2/2/10. Statement of default 7/3/10
                I'm not sure what a "Statement of Default" is in legal terms. The precise wording of that letter matters. Was it informing you of their intention to terminate your account with 'one last chance' to put things right? Or was it an official Termination Notice? If the account was terminated prematurely (before you had time to remedy the default) then that's a whole other positive legal argument which may be in your favour.

You say you were served with a DN dated 2nd February 2010. As you will have read on this thread there is much legal debate as to when the clock starts ticking for the Cause of Action when it comes to deciding SB. Some creditors claim it's when the account was actually terminated regardless of the DN date.

Sending a fresh CCA request is wise because Lowells have proven to be receptive to debtors' challenges recently.

However it's no guarantee that they won't issue legal proceedings even if the court subsequently find their claim 'unenforceable'. Once a claim is issued the SB clock stops ticking so fingers crossed this debt is SB already.

Let us know if this gets escalated to Lowells solicitors (in-house lawyers) because you may need to manage the situation slightly differently from then on.

Plan B x

Comment

Posted October 2014:

Unfortunately my news is not good! looks enforceable to Niddy.

I've had a quick look back through your thread and I can now see that Niddy told you that the response Lowells sent to your CCA request in 2014 was deemed to be

Posted 22nd December 2014:

Niddy has already given me his opinion on the agreement, seems to be enforceable
                  In which case Lowells may simply send you the same documents again since they're already on their files.

However by the time they do that this debt may become SB if it hasn't already.

Sometimes filibustering works

Plan B x

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                    I'm not sure what a "Statement of Default" is in legal terms. The precise wording of that letter matters. Was it informing you of their intention to terminate your account with 'one last chance' to put things right? Or was it an official Termination Notice? If the account was terminated prematurely (before you had time to remedy the default) then that's a whole other positive legal argument which may be in your favour.

You say you were served with a DN dated 2nd February 2010. As you will have read on this thread there is much legal debate as to when the clock starts ticking for the Cause of Action when it comes to deciding SB. Some creditors claim it's when the account was actually terminated regardless of the DN date.

Sending a fresh CCA request is wise because Lowells have proven to be receptive to debtors' challenges recently.

However it's no guarantee that they won't issue legal proceedings even if the court subsequently find their claim 'unenforceable'. Once a claim is issued the SB clock stops ticking so fingers crossed this debt is SB already.

Let us know if this gets escalated to Lowells solicitors (in-house lawyers) because you may need to manage the situation slightly differently from then on.

Plan B x
                    Thank you PlanB, greatly appreciate your input on this. Just to recap,

Default Notice sent by Cap One dated 2/2/2010. Notice of sum in arrears from Cap One (whatever this is) advising you have missed or failed to pay 2 contractual payments dated 7/2/2010. Statement of Default from Cap One (we have terminated your account) dated 7/3/2010.
                    Very little else from Cap One after this as various DCA's swung into action.

I'll send another CCA request to Lowell tomorrow, that should keep them occupied for a few weeks!

Comment

Good luck xx
                      if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you PlanB, greatly appreciate your input on this. Just to recap,

Default Notice sent by Cap One dated 2/2/2010. Notice of sum in arrears from Cap One (whatever this is) advising you have missed or failed to pay 2 contractual payments dated 7/2/2010. Statement of Default from Cap One (we have terminated your account) dated 7/3/2010.
                        Very little else from Cap One after this as various DCA's swung into action.

I'll send another CCA request to Lowell tomorrow, that should keep them occupied for a few weeks!
                        As I suggested, a new CCA is best here. Sooner the better!

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                          As I suggested, a new CCA is best here. Sooner the better!
                          Thanks Niddy, CCA request on its way tomorrow. Lowell appeared to have buggered this up as they started treating me as a new and valued "customer" a few months ago!

Comment

Good luck from me too x
                            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Yes I would get the cca sent off asap. If they were to try it on and play silly buggers by claiming the CoA starts from termination date, you're less than a week away and they will have to deal with your cca before issuing a claim. Plus if they haven't already issued a letter before claim they would have to fall foul of PD pre-action protocol if they were to now issue a claim before termination date.

Comment

Keep us updated and don't leave any letters waiting - if they write, let us know asap

Comment

Working...
                                X