GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Capital One - March 2006. Is this enforceable? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Capital One - March 2006. Is this enforceable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Capital One - March 2006. Is this enforceable?

I think its the month after the last payment so November as TC says.I would also go to ground and keep schtum xxx
    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Just to say I am in a similar position with regards to a Capital One agreement, last payment made in November 2009. The assignee is Cabot in my case and many months ago they stated that they would be contacting the oc but this was not in response to any recent action by me.
      A long time ago I did state that there were prescribed terms missing from the agreement

Comment

Received a strange letter from Lowell this week informing me Cap One sold the account to Lowell as they were unable to recover the outstanding balance! This was because Cap One did not have my up to date address?? Lowell's letter continues to say they have used the services of a credit agency to locate me and could I confirm the details they hold are correct!

What are they on? They've been hounding me for a couple of years yet this letter ounds like we are starting the whole process again. In any event the more confused they are the better as only 10 weeks to SB.

Comment

sit on it
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi R
            If I had received that, I would have interpreted it as a rather nasty way to get me to write to them, and it would become an acknowledgement of a debt in their view.
            Totally agree, sit on it, as TC says.
            You and I both know they are on shaky ground - (go back a few years!)- and they may well be looking for a new opener.
            DT

Perhaps they want to come and steal your doorstep.......
            Last edited by DoubtingThomas; 21 September 2015, 19:40.

Comment

Thanks DT, I thought the same! if this is the case it seems fairly crude to say the least.

Comment

Don't let um have your doorstep , phishing I think x
                if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Another inane letter from Lowell advising they can assist me with a sensible repayment plan!

I'm still a little confused on SB'd. Last payment on this was 2nd week October 2009. No acknowledgement or payment since that date. The card was used end Oct 2009 for a very minor purchase so I'm guessing I should calculate from the next missed payment which should have been made 2nd week Nov 2009. Hopefully end Dec 2015 should see me home and dry, Am I correct in this or can I calculate from the first missed payment? .

Comment

Originally posted by rockwell View Post
                    Another inane letter from Lowell advising they can assist me with a sensible repayment plan!

I'm still a little confused on SB'd. Last payment on this was 2nd week October 2009. No acknowledgement or payment since that date. The card was used end Oct 2009 for a very minor purchase so I'm guessing I should calculate from the next missed payment which should have been made 2nd week Nov 2009. Hopefully end Dec 2015 should see me home and dry, Am I correct in this or can I calculate from the first missed payment? .
                    Thats about right. Yes.

The thing is some DCA's don't acknowledge SB correctly and we've got a couple of cases in court to resolve this issue. basically, some argue that they can issue a DN at any point, which creates a new cause of action which in turn resets the SB clock. Obviously that's taking the piss - the Act was never designed to allow a creditor to prolong SB indefinitely.

We argue the Cause of Action occurs at the first possible point that the creditor is entitled to terminate which is approximately a month after your first missed payment.

In your case that equates to official SB being approx mid December 2015.
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

That's great Niddy, many thanks!

Lowell's last two letters appear to be treating me as a new customer, despite the fact they are using the original a/c reference number from date of purchase. If they continue I'll send them a CCA request in a couple of weeks or so and start the whole process again!

Comment

Originally posted by rockwell View Post
                        That's great Niddy, many thanks!

Lowell's last two letters appear to be treating me as a new customer, despite the fact they are using the original a/c reference number from date of purchase. If they continue I'll send them a CCA request in a couple of weeks or so and start the whole process again!
                        Nooooo - don't do that

if they threaten - let me know
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                          Nooooo - don't do that

if they threaten - let me know
                          Definitely will do, won't do anything without posting first!

Comment

Received a "payment due; We're here to work with you" letter from Lowell. Err....no thanks! I particularly like this: "Contact us today to experience our service first hand"

They still appear to be treating me as a newbie!

Comment

Lowell has missed outwith me, because of their new way of defining SB,
                              a default of mine was put on my credit file dated 2008, but I was paying reduced payments till 2012, account bought by Lowell aug this year, I sent SWID letter and had reply that, because of the age of the debt they realise that it is SB and have closed the account

I just hope when the appeals are won they don't reopen it xx

Comment

Appeals, Nightwatch?
                                DT

Comment

Working...
                                X