GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Capital One - March 2006. Is this enforceable? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Capital One - March 2006. Is this enforceable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Capital One - March 2006. Is this enforceable?

Originally posted by rockwell View Post
    Received a "payment due; We're here to work with you" letter from Lowell. Err....no thanks! I particularly like this: "Contact us today to experience our service first hand"

They still appear to be treating me as a newbie!
    This might be because they have got their files cocked-up - they were either recently bought up, or bought someone else up, so have got bigger, better, brighter teeth.....Let's hope there are admin problems their end.
    DT

Comment

Originally posted by DoubtingThomas View Post
      Appeals, Nightwatch?
      DT
      there are a few cases that Lowell have taken to court saying they are not SB because the credit file has listed the default date later than the 'last payment date' AAD has taken up a few of these case's at appeal
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubtingThomas View Post
        This might be because they have got their files cocked-up - they were either recently bought up, or bought someone else up, so have got bigger, better, brighter teeth.....Let's hope there are admin problems their end.
        DT

This is the most likely reason, they're not subtle enough for anything else!

Comment

This reached SB'd early December 2015, although the default on my CF remains until July 2016. Lowell's letters getting a little more techy! It's gone from "we're here to work with you" to "we may refer this to our legal dept" They have well and truly cocked-up on this a/c as the threats have gone full circle! Will advise if anything meaningful arrives from Lowell.

Comment

Be careful. SB may not necessarily be from last payment. There's a lot of discussion on here about it plus a couple of ongoing court cases to determine facts.....
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              Be careful. SB may not necessarily be from last payment. There's a lot of discussion on here about it plus a couple of ongoing court cases to determine facts.....
              Thanks Niddy, will do! I've been very careful so no acknowledgement or payment since early November 2009. Besides the CF default, are there any other factors that might lead Lowell to believe it is still active? You know the feeling - you're absolutely dying to tell them to get lost!
              Despite the temptation will keep it all under wraps!

Comment

It's all dependant on the courts decision surrounding the Cause of Action (CoA)....
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

It's all dependant on the courts decision surrounding the Cause of Action (CoA)....
                  This has been going on some time now.

Stressed am we!

Comment

Is there a court case regarding Cause of Action going on at the moment?

S

Comment

• Re: Capital One - March 2006. Is this enforceable?

Originally posted by Seamus View Post
                      Is there a court case regarding Cause of Action going on at the moment?

S
                      aad+

We have 2 (kinda)

Comment

aad+

We have 2 (kinda)
                        Which threads Niddy?

Comment

Letter from Lowell stating this account has been passed to their legal dept. I should respond by 22nd February or further action (may) be taken. Yeah right! had all this a few years ago with Lowell. Account became SB'd a couple of months ago. Last payment early November 2009 and I've been careful and kept communications to the bare minimum, so no acknowledgement during this period. I assume I should just let them carry on unless I receive something I consider to be important such as an LBA etc?

Comment

Yea if it's SB then hold fire replying till absolutely necessary (ie legal threats etc start arriving)....

Comment

Legal Assessment letter received this morning. "We are assessing your account for legal action as you have failed to contact us despite repeated attempts on our part"

I'm quite prepared to let this run until the last moment as I really would love to waste their time and resources, however, will keep a close watch for any definitive legal threat.

Comment

When was your last CCA and was it EN or UE?

Comment

Working...
                                X