GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script PPI claim fron 2001 loan? Pre tickd box! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PPI claim fron 2001 loan? Pre tickd box!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI claim fron 2001 loan? Pre tickd box!

Hi all, just going through paperwork having just heard all about this ppi rip off and i have a couple to go on but would need to know about if they are too old etc.

1)

Loan Was with Hamilton Direct from 2001 for 3 years. i have the credit agreement and a covering letter which says they kindly pre tick the ppi box for me due to a recent conversation. The conversation never happened of that i am sure. The loan finished in 2004 and the ppi was 25 quid a month. Is this too old?

2)

Egg loan from 2004 for 6600 pounds. I have the paperwork and it includes a figure of 1869 pounds for ppi. There is no tick box for this just a signature for the loan agreement. Again i dont remember choosing it. Is it possible to ask them to show me where i asked for it? Should i jut claim anyway and see. Just dont want to look stupid lol.

3)

MFI kitchen from 2000, i was told i had to have ppi else i wouldnt get approved for the amount i wanted. I paid 25 ish a month for a year before cancelling. Again i have the agreement and statements. Is it too old?

Thanks for reading and hopefully can point me in the right direction.

Re: PPI claim fron 2001 loan? Pre tickd box!

Hi there

Thanks for posting up.

I would give it a shot no matter how old, and if you still have any details at all that will help, such as the agreement, which you can enclose a "copy" of that with the reclaiming questionnaire, that way they cannot state they have nothing to go by.

Some have still been successful with little or no paperwork, but I do think with the older ones, it does help to have at least something.

I have been successful with reclaims even from the mid 90's, so give it a go, if this fails and they reject, let us know and we can move on from there to another avenue.

Comment

Thats great, so you suggest sending photocopies of the agreements as well? Will do :-)

Comment

Originally posted by jet set willy View Post
        Thats great, so you suggest sending photocopies of the agreements as well? Will do :-)

Yes definately with the older accounts, as said though, as you already know, photocopies, good one and the best of luck. ;-)

Comment

I'd be tempted to tell em that you rang them to query the need for PPI when filling in the form or when you discussed it in the branch etc and that you were told you would not be approved if you didnt take it out.

Not wanting to put words in your mouth or anything.....

It is very dificult for them to prove otherwise....hence the request for recordings / transcripts of telephone conversations when you SAR them.

Did you have other cover elsewhere, via your employer maybe?

Matty

Comment

Hi Matty, i guess it could have happened like that now you mentioned it haha :-)

I will certainly keep the thread updated. Nothing ventured nothing gained as they say!

Comment

Hi all, just going through paperwork having just heard all about this ppi rip off and i have a couple to go on but would need to know about if they are too old etc.

1)

Loan Was with Hamilton Direct from 2001 for 3 years. i have the credit agreement and a covering letter which says they kindly pre tick the ppi box for me due to a recent conversation. The conversation never happened of that i am sure. The loan finished in 2004 and the ppi was 25 quid a month. Is this too old?
              2)

Egg loan from 2004 for 6600 pounds. I have the paperwork and it includes a figure of 1869 pounds for ppi. There is no tick box for this just a signature for the loan agreement. Again i dont remember choosing it. Is it possible to ask them to show me where i asked for it? Should i jut claim anyway and see. Just dont want to look stupid lol.

3)

MFI kitchen from 2000, i was told i had to have ppi else i wouldnt get approved for the amount i wanted. I paid 25 ish a month for a year before cancelling. Again i have the agreement and statements. Is it too old?
              Thanks for reading and hopefully can point me in the right direction.
              hi
              jet set willy
              no not too old at all i have just had success from a ppi claim with natwest from 1995 loan finished in 1997, i sent them a copy of the ppi certificate and told them i would have never asked to take it and have just recieved my offer.
              As long as you have paper work,or account number should be fine and easy to win. another ppi claim for me from 1999from bradford and bingley on mortgage again recieved a payout from them last month.
              again for a different loan from natwest i reclaimed from 2004 so as long as you can show you have taken it by sending copies of the certificates or account number, i have not had to fight at all for any of my refunds first letter seem to do the trick. mine was all possible from the fab templates on this site and the great advice goodluck
              Last edited by carol01; 27 March 2012, 20:11.
              ALWAYS SMILE NO MATTER HOW BROKEN YOU ARE

Comment

Thanks for the encouraging word Carol.

I have everything printed ready to go but i have a question maybe someone could answer.
                With regards egg loans, i have the agreement i signed which states the amount of ppi on the other side. There is no tick box for the ppi just a loan agreement signature box. Now i know i didnt want it but they could just say i should of read the paper work and i would have seen it couldnt they?

Should i send off a copy of the paperwork or just quote the loan number? Its for over 1800 quid and i would like to play it as best as i can.

Thanks for any advise folks

JSW

Comment

I have everything printed ready to go but i have a question maybe someone could answer.
                  With regards egg loans, i have the agreement i signed which states the amount of ppi on the other side. There is no tick box for the ppi just a loan agreement signature box. Now i know i didnt want it but they could just say i should of read the paper work and i would have seen it couldnt they?

Should i send off a copy of the paperwork or just quote the loan number? Its for over 1800 quid and i would like to play it as best as i can.

JSW
                  hiya if it was me i would just quote the account number and take it from there if they need to see the original then i suppose they will ask, on one of my accounts the account number was enough for them to come back and make an offer.goodluck with your claim
                  ALWAYS SMILE NO MATTER HOW BROKEN YOU ARE

Comment

Oh bugger, i sent it all of today. No matter, i have two chances with each account lol!!

Thanks again :-)

Comment

JSW

Hiya

Yes I would do that first, and agree with you and Carol, the account number is fine, see what they come back with and take it from there.

They never actually made the t&c's clear, and it looks like jargon to most.

Comment

Well i am slightly miffed now!
                        I have had a response back from HFC (Hamilton) giving me a time frame for a decision which is fair enough.

But they have given me a questionare to fill in which is basically the same questions i already filled out and sent to them already from the OFT site.

So, i phoned them up and they said they have lost a couple of pages of what i sent and i need to fill it in. So i say, its okay, i will just reprint what i already sent and resend it. Not good enough, i need to fill in their version. I say i will just resend what i already filled in to which i am told a note will be made on the account that i am not willing to cooperate!!!!

Cheeky fookers!!! Still stomping!

Comment

Well i am slightly miffed now!
                          I have had a response back from HFC (Hamilton) giving me a time frame for a decision which is fair enough.

But they have given me a questionare to fill in which is basically the same questions i already filled out and sent to them already from the OFT site.

So, i phoned them up and they said they have lost a couple of pages of what i sent and i need to fill it in. So i say, its okay, i will just reprint what i already sent and resend it. Not good enough, i need to fill in their version. I say i will just resend what i already filled in to which i am told a note will be made on the account that i am not willing to cooperate!!!!

Cheeky fookers!!! Still stomping!

Hiya

That is so odd.

In other words to hold you back so they can stall it.
                          These reclaim questionnaire's are the same, I'm sure of it!

When you send this off, tell them you still want this looked into as from the date they originally sent the other (timescale reasons), as it's not your fault they lost pages, that was down to them, they admitted that.

Good luck.

Comment

Just to update this, three claims and three victorys!!!!

Hamilton and the preticked box have offered me £1486

MFI kitchen via Black horse have offered £529

EGG loan say they have upheld my complaint and will contact me in 14 days with a cheque but no idea how much for (it doesnt say). Could be roughly 3.5 k ish. Never sure how to work it out.

The egg one also says 'The letter will also detail any action we have taken in relation to any related credit agreements that you still have with us or to a third party to who we have sold your agreement'.

Does anyone know what that means? I had a subsequent loan after this one which was sold on (not through not paying but as part of their clearout) and an EGG card sold to Barclaycard. Does it mean they will use it to pay those before i see anything?

Can they use loan ppi to pay credit cards with a now different company?

Anyways, happy days!!!!

Comment

Thanks FP.

To be honest i am looking to get some F+F offers going with this money which i why i dont want them paying my now barclaycard and the follow on egg loan with it. You know how it works with regards to offering less to close the debt etc. I would like to do it on my terms!

It did cross my mind to see if i could f+f on my MBNA card but thats an odd one as they havent been in touch for about a year as they clearly dont have an agreement of any sort. Not sure if i should be prodding the wasps nest so to speak lol. Think i will ask that question on my thread elsewhere here.
                              Last edited by jet set willy; 30 May 2012, 09:10.

Comment

Working...
                              X