GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script PPI claim fron 2001 loan? Pre tickd box! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PPI claim fron 2001 loan? Pre tickd box!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PPI claim fron 2001 loan? Pre tickd box!

Hiya

They cannot offset against any third party debts and if they do great, we can f*ck into em for it!

I explained this recently and way too busy to do it all again but if you can find my post it'll explain this in layman.

Nutshell, they can only offset against their own owned accounts. If they have sold in complete assignment to a third party then they cannot pay into that as they have nothing to do with the account anymore.

If you owe barclays then Egg may offset an old barclays account, which they are allowed to do but if they sold that old barclays account (in full assignment) to say CrapQuest, they could not then send money from PPI to CrapQuest.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi

Sorry for the late response, just arrived back from the doc's lol.

Well done on all your success.

I agree with the folks here, as Niddy says, explains it all.

Comment

Sorry about my slow response, serious man flu!

Thanks for the explanation Niddy, EGG sold their cards to sharklys so that should be okay

Thanks to everyone for the replies and encouragement. It means a lot. I spoke to a nice chap from egg this morning on the phone who confirmed that i had two other egg loans with ppi from early 2000's aswell. I am guessing these would have been administered in the same fashion so will get the letters sorted asap. I also heard that egg used to make sure the ppi got paid first, dont know how true that is though.

Flowerpower:

I know what you mean, i just figure for the amount outstanding they wont let this drop and it will get nasty at some point. But you are right, i will put it to better use and prepare for that fight as and when it occurs! (They still havent assigned my (A&L)mbna account, did they do yours yet? I must be the last!)

Also, have pulled out paperwork for and Abbey loan in 2005 with 2500 ppi on it. That one implies i must have signed next to the tick box for ppi so not sure how to word my complaint yet lol. I always had superb cover through work so that must be a start.

I reckon i was like most blokes, never read what i was signing haha. I do now though!

Comment

Thats the thing FP, i know i was told it would help my application if i had it but that could be tough to prove methinks. I am more than happy with my small victories though, thats a fact!

Anyway, on the A&L debacle, i'm sitting tight with you by the looks of it waiting to see if our numbers come up on the DVD's that are rumoured to be in mbna's hands lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
            This is a case where I don't want the numbers to come up!

They won't! I don't even know that I signed anything, I have a vague recollection of doing the whole thing over the phone. Also had PPI on it and over 18 year$$$$....

With PPI, remember that ticking a box doesn't mean you knew exactly why you were ticking it...

You know what FP, i have racked my brains trying to remember how i opened my a&l cc back in the late 90's. No internet for me then.
            I half think i would have been to lazy to do it by post so when you mentioned a phone call that could almost make sense (just had my first little un so things were hectic).

Strangely, the wife kept the welcome pack from a&l which included all sorts from card protection to gumph abouth benefits etc but no copy of the agreement, just a booklet offering terms and conditions. (If they come up with a recon i can at least compare)

That leads me to think that they didnt send a copy of the filled agreement as maybe there isnt one. I just dont know but i cant see the better half keeping all that and throwing away the vital bit lol.

As for the PPI, that one is definitely going through a SAR first, better to be armed with all the info first so i can adapt to the situation i reckon. ;-)
            Last edited by jet set willy; 2 June 2012, 22:02. Reason: my grammar is getting worse!

Comment

A slightly perplexing update!

The alloted 14 days has passed from egg and no cheque or letter so i phoned them up. The girl said they were waiting to here from moorcroft.

I said, what for? They owned the last loan i had from egg which didnt have ppi, egg sold it to them in their clearout.

She confirmed this and said i had 4 loans in total over the years which i confirmed and that because three were top up loans (including the final one with moorcroft) that is why they were waiting to hear from them.

So i ask, ' does this mean you are dealing with the other two loans which had ppi as well all in one go?' to which she replied yes. (I dont know if she sounded convincing or not).

I have a feeling egg are going to pay off moorcroft first, dont know why i just do (it is a couple of months in arrears but was hoping to sort it under my own terms).

The loans were laid out as this:

Loan1 (ppi) >>> Top up1 (ppi) >>> Top up2 (ppi) >>> Top up3 (no ppi, sold to moorcroft)

All had PPI and I complained about 'Top up2'. 'Top up3' was the one without PPI and was sold to Moorcroft.

Does it all seem correct to the experianced eye? I feel egg are only investigating the one i complained about and are looking to pay moorcroft with it (i could be wrong but i stopped trusting the banks a long time ago!!!)

I thought they would all be seperate accounts?

Phew!

Comment

Thank you for the update.

Hopefully you will receive some good news soon, fingers crossed.

The FSA expect businesses to review all accounts taken out with them now that included PPI, even if it was top up's, because although they continue on to the other, there is always a part of ppi remaining from the previous loan.

They should or I suspect will be separating them when it comes to the calculation side of it, so whereas when they resolved this, they should provide you with a breakdown of how they calculated each one.

Comment

Lol, believe me, i am in no rush, i am used to being skint but i do like to keep them on their toes! Would hate for them to get complacent haha.

My main concern was that they would pay moorcroft for a loan i wasnt complaining about and not include a ppi refund for the other loans in the chain.

If they do a refund for all the ppi in the different loans in the chain then i understand its fine to pay the last loan but i wouldnt think it was fair to pay for a loan from a different account, and moreover has been sold on.

That wouldnt seem right. I dont even know if i am making sense now haha

Thanks for reassuring words though Di, its good to vent sometimes lol

Comment

Originally posted by jet set willy View Post
                    I have a feeling egg are going to pay off moorcroft first, dont know why i just do (it is a couple of months in arrears but was hoping to sort it under my own terms).
                    Hmmm they don't want to do that if they have sold the rights i.e. if they have sent you an NoA (absolute) and they then go and pay Moorcroft, they'll still have to refund you

Can you clarify, is this owned by the OC or the DCA?
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Evening Niddy, they did send a letter saying it was sold to Britannic(?) who always wrote to me with the moorcroft heading a good while back. It was part of their clearout as i wasnt in arrears then. Just moving on their portfolio.

I just know i am going to struggle to find the letter now but i am sure they said the ownership was transferred.

Guess i just need to be patient and see what they say. They might suprise me haha

Comment

Hold on, eejit alert!!!

Its not Moorcroft, Its Moorgate! Sorry!

Comment

Lol, believe me, i am in no rush, i am used to being skint but i do like to keep them on their toes! Would hate for them to get complacent haha.

My main concern was that they would pay moorcroft for a loan i wasnt complaining about and not include a ppi refund for the other loans in the chain.

If they do a refund for all the ppi in the different loans in the chain then i understand its fine to pay the last loan but i wouldnt think it was fair to pay for a loan from a different account, and moreover has been sold on.

That wouldnt seem right. I dont even know if i am making sense now haha

Thanks for reassuring words though Di, its good to vent sometimes lol

Not a problem, they usually (not saying they all businesses work the same way) refund you direct all the ppi plus interest on an account where there are no arrears.
                          And any accounts with arrears they usually treat separately, and not take off one to apply to the other.

But as said though, it may differ from one business to the other.

Comment

Evening Niddy, they did send a letter saying it was sold to Britannic(?) who always wrote to me with the moorcroft heading a good while back. It was part of their clearout as i wasnt in arrears then. Just moving on their portfolio.

I just know i am going to struggle to find the letter now but i am sure they said the ownership was transferred.

Guess i just need to be patient and see what they say. They might suprise me haha
                            Britannic took over all Egg loans, so I am guessing it is an ex Egg loan (without reading back)....

However that was a buy out, I refer explicitly to the OC selling the account to a 3rd party DCA in totality. You'd usually expect to receive a formal Notice of Assignment under property act blah blah

Comment

Hold on, eejit alert!!!

Its not Moorcroft, Its Moorgate! Sorry!

Makes no difference at this stage - wait and see what they come back with. Don't agree to anything though, at least let us have a mooch first!

Thanks

Comment

Aye aye Cap'n. Will do.Mind you, a sniff of a cheque and i go weak at the knees haha

Comment

Working...
                                X