GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Egg, Lowells, Barclaycard help.. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Egg, Lowells, Barclaycard help..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egg, Lowells, Barclaycard help..

Hi,

I'm after a bit of advice here...
    I have an Egg account that I opened in 2002 but I defaulted on it in 2006 and I'm now being chased for the money by Lowells. I've tried to go the unenforceable way with it as it doesn't state interest etc..
    Anyway it looks like that's not going to happen now so I will have to at some point offer a F&F.
    I went through my statements they sent me and have noticed they started taking PPI Oct 04 at £16.68 up until my account was closed Feb 2006 and the final PPI was £17.40.
    Can I claim this back now or after I get a F&F?
    Also who do I claim it from?
    Egg or Lowells? I've read that Egg accounts are now with Barclarcard and that the claim has to be made against them, is that correct?
    Last edited by sam; 27 July 2011, 11:44.

Re: Egg, Lowells, Barclaycard help..

Originally posted by sam View Post
    Hi,

I'm after a bit of advice here...
    I have an Egg account that I opened in 2002 but I defaulted on it in 2006 and I'm now being chased for the money by Lowells. I've tried to go the unenforceable way with it as it doesn't state interest etc..
    Anyway it looks like that's not going to happen now so I will have to at some point offer a F&F.
    I went through my statements they sent me and have noticed they started taking PPI Oct 04 at £16.68 up until my account was closed Feb 2006 and the final PPI was £17.40.
    Can I claim this back now or after I get a F&F?
    Also who do I claim it from?
    Egg or Lowells? I've read that Egg accounts are now with Barclarcard and that the claim has to be made against them, is that correct?
    Hi Sam

Yes you can, and it with it also being added to the debt as well, this will probably reduce the balance. It's worthless to you as you're not going to be able to use it anyway.
    Maybe wait to see what is offered and that will help on the F&F.

I understand that customers are still writing to EGG.
    http://new.egg.com/visitor/0,,3_8220...w_1931,00.html

I would contact them first, and check that it's them you pursue, but I assume it would be.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
      Hi Sam

Yes you can, and it with it also being added to the debt as well, this will probably reduce the balance. It's worthless to you as you're not going to be able to use it anyway.
      Maybe wait to see what is offered and that will help on the F&F.

I understand that customers are still writing to EGG.
      http://new.egg.com/visitor/0,,3_8220...w_1931,00.html

I would contact them first, and check that it's them you pursue, but I assume it would be.
      What is worthless to me?
      Should I claim before F&F or after?

Comment

What is worthless to me?
        Should I claim before F&F or after?
        Hi

Are you paying lower repayments for the account?
        On a reduced payment plan then?

What I mean by worthless is if your still paying for the PPI within the account, and if you wanted to make a claim say for example unemployment/sickness etc, because your not paying the full payments, its unlikely it will pay out. (Sorry If I have mis read on this).

I hope Niddy will answer the query in regards of the F&F, he may suggest that if you do put in a reclaim on the PPI, depending on how much that would be, an arrangement could be made on a F&F with the refund.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
          Hi

Are you paying lower repayments for the account?
          On a reduced payment plan then?

What I mean by worthless is if your still paying for the PPI within the account, and if you wanted to make a claim say for example unemployment/sickness etc, because your not paying the full payments, its unlikely it will pay out. (Sorry If I have mis read on this).

I hope Niddy will answer the query in regards of the F&F, he may suggest that if you do put in a reclaim on the PPI, depending on how much that would be, an arrangement could be made on a F&F with the refund.
          I haven't paid a penny since 2007 and am trying to go for unenforceability on the account so I doubt i'll be claiming for anything lol.
          i maybe going in for a full and final but wanted to know whether to go in for it before I pay the full and final or after.
          And who to claim it from.

Comment

I haven't paid a penny since 2007 and am trying to go for unenforceability on the account so I doubt i'll be claiming for anything lol.
            i maybe going in for a full and final but wanted to know whether to go in for it before I pay the full and final or after.
            And who to claim it from.

Hiya
            Arh I see.
            I will ask Niddy about this then, as I do not have a clue about unenforceability side of things.

Comment

Sorry guys,

My apologies, the last abbreviated version of events as told by sam helps explain things a LOT more. Basically Lowells are doing their 6yr check, ie they always aggressively chase people in the last year prior to SB.

Basically, change of plan - DO NOT CONTACT THEM or acknowledge this in any way! If they write to you do not open and return to sender

You only have a couple of months to see it through.....
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                Sorry guys,

My apologies, the last abbreviated version of events as told by sam helps explain things a LOT more. Basically Lowells are doing their 6yr check, ie they always aggressively chase people in the last year prior to SB.

Basically, change of plan - DO NOT CONTACT THEM or acknowledge this in any way! If they write to you do not open and return to sender

You only have a couple of months to see it through.....
                Even though I did an SAR request 2008 and then keep sending them letters stating they haven't supplied me with the requested information?

I think the default was placed Feb 2006
                Last edited by sam; 31 July 2011, 15:52.

Comment

Even though I did an SAR request 2008 and then keep sending them letters stating they haven't supplied me with the requested information?

I think the default was placed Feb 2006
                  Asking for info and a SAR doesn't acknowledge the debt, it is asking for info about you and also asking for whatever other info, however it does depend on the wording of the letters you sent....?

Might be best to scrap SB then, it's really up to you - you know what you've previously done, I don't i'm afraid....
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Asking for info and a SAR doesn't acknowledge the debt, it is asking for info about you and also asking for whatever other info, however it does depend on the wording of the letters you sent....?

Might be best to scrap SB then, it's really up to you - you know what you've previously done, I don't i'm afraid....
                    Lol Niddy you've been helping me all along pretty much on this one..
                    EGG agreement - allaboutFORUMS

Comment

OK it looks like i'm going down the F&F route so will be reclaiming this PPI.
                      Do I do it now or after the debt is settled as EGG don't own the debt anymore?
                      Where do I send the PPI reclaim to EGG or Barclaycard, as i read somewhere that BC own EGG now???
                      How do I work out the interest?
                      Do we have a reclaim teplate on here too?

Thanks in advance..

Comment

Just sit tight will you!

I'll come back to you ok? Bear with me - let me read your email first......

I deal with over 100 diaries mate, unfortunately my brain also has to compensate a life, a job and varying other sites / interests so I need reminding now and again and can't spend hours reading historic posts so if I need summat, and ask for it, it's for a reason - not just to be awkward.....

I'll come back real soon...... then advise what I think might be best, if it was me in your shoes

Comment

See what Niddy suggests first and we can deal with it from there.

Comment

I'll come back real soon...... then advise what I think might be best, if it was me in your shoes
                            Whistle lol

Comment

Hiya

Ok I have closed your other thread regards Egg, to try and contain everything into the same thread so we know where we are cos right now it's a wee bit confusing....

Ok, so with respect to Egg, you need to calculate all PPI paid then add interest to it. The easiest way is to use the MSE Guide here: ---> Credit Card PPI Reclaiming: £1,000s for mis-sold insurance...

However, you want to be deducting a PPi claim from the debt in part F&F so to be easiest, I would do a full reclaim with Di30 first and depends what comes back, depends on any F&F.

I'll therefore await you coming back to us with a total to reclaim, then we'll be able to move forward with this.....

Comment

Working...
                              X