GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Egg, Lowells, Barclaycard help.. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Egg, Lowells, Barclaycard help..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Egg, Lowells, Barclaycard help..

Send this - best of luck.

* Chances are they'll knock it back, but it's a start in the right direction yea?

Dear Sirs,

Account No: XXXXXXXX

I write with reference to previous communication regarding an outstanding balance on the above mentioned account.

I cannot afford the amount stated, plus in light of all the interest and unlawful charges paid to date I propose a single payment of £200 in complete settlement of this account; thus meaning you agree that this account will be closed, in totality, with no further comeback regards to any possible written-off balance.

The alternative is the possibility that one of my other creditors will come back and accept the similar offer made to them, thus reducing the amount available to you, possibly delaying things into a several year payment plan as I can only afford £1 per month at best, if anything. This can be avoided by simple acceptance of my payment of £200 for full settlement and closure of this account.

To summarise, I am more than happy to settle for a single one-off payment of £200 to be made within 7 days of receiving your response, so long as this response agrees with and ensures that the following actions will be carried out;
    1. You accept £200 in full & final settlement of this account with no reference or future ability to quote or use Penny v Cole [Pinnel 1602] in trying to recoup any written off balance;
    2. The Status of the account will change from “Defaulted” to “Settled”;
    3. The Current Balance will appear as £0.00;
    4. The Default / Delinquent Balance will be set to £0.00;
    5. You will update the entries on all 3 Credit Reference Agencies, namely Experian, Equifax & Call Credit
    If you're happy with my proposal, please respond confirming each of the above points on official letter headed paper, confirming that you're happy for a single payment of £200; and I'll then send a cheque in the next day so we can close this and move on.

I look forward to your response and thank you for allowing us the opportunity to end matters on a more positive note.

Yours faithfully

Sign Digitally
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy, your a super star...

I'll get this sent tomorrow.

Will they be able to find out how much I got back fromm my PPI claim?

Comment

Originally posted by sam View Post
        Will they be able to find out how much I got back fromm my PPI claim?
        doesn't matter in the slightest mate
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          Send this - best of luck.

* Chances are they'll knock it back, but it's a start in the right direction yea?

Dear Sirs,

Account No: XXXXXXXX

I write with reference to previous communication regarding an outstanding balance on the above mentioned account.

I cannot afford the amount stated, plus in light of all the interest and unlawful charges paid to date I propose a single payment of £200 in complete settlement of this account; thus meaning you agree that this account will be closed, in totality, with no further comeback regards to any possible written-off balance.

The alternative is the possibility that one of my other creditors will come back and accept the similar offer made to them, thus reducing the amount available to you, possibly delaying things into a several year payment plan as I can only afford £1 per month at best, if anything. This can be avoided by simple acceptance of my payment of £200 for full settlement and closure of this account.

To summarise, I am more than happy to settle for a single one-off payment of £200 to be made within 7 days of receiving your response, so long as this response agrees with and ensures that the following actions will be carried out;
          1. You accept £200 in full & final settlement of this account with no reference or future ability to quote or use Penny v Cole [Pinnel 1602] in trying to recoup any written off balance;
          2. The Status of the account will change from “Defaulted” to “Settled”;
          3. The Current Balance will appear as £0.00;
          4. The Default / Delinquent Balance will be set to £0.00;
          5. You will update the entries on all 3 Credit Reference Agencies, namely Experian, Equifax & Call Credit
          If you're happy with my proposal, please respond confirming each of the above points on official letter headed paper, confirming that you're happy for a single payment of £200; and I'll then send a cheque in the next day so we can close this and move on.

I look forward to your response and thank you for allowing us the opportunity to end matters on a more positive note.

Yours faithfully

Sign Digitally
          Got the reply below Niddy so what offer/letter do we send now mate?
          Attached Files

Comment

That is so disappointing.
            You are trying and at least offering something!

Surely though they could take everything into account of your circumstances and its not as if your avoiding paying this.

Hopefully Niddy will come up with something, he usually does. x

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
              That is so disappointing.
              You are trying and at least offering something!

Surely though they could take everything into account of your circumstances and its not as if your avoiding paying this.

Hopefully Niddy will come up with something, he usually does. x
              I hope so.. Is Niddy about or tied up.

Comment

Just write back and say;

My offer of £200 is realistic however the alternative will be £1 monthly payments. As you seem insistent upon repayment of this totally disputed debt I'll start the necessary actions to reclaim all unlawful charges, so for the time being please await further instruction which will follow by way of my sending a s.7 data access request to the original creditor. They have 40 days to respond so I'll be back in touch as and when I get the statements required to make a formal reclaim.

As you can see; my reclaiming will reduce this debt by half; my subsequent FOS complaint will add another £500 to your total liability meaning you're fighting me over the sake of £300, being I've offered you £200 to close this and walk away. It's not only absurd but also quite ironic being I still classify this as an unenforceable account meaning you'd have to take more formal action to attempt to enforce anything, at which point I'd argue the recent events where I am TRYING to resolve issues here and now in an informal amicable manner.

I look forward to your reply; I hope you reconsider but should you decide not to the process as per the start of my letter will kick in meaning I'll submit a SAR and calculate all unlawful charges and interest.

Yours faithfully.....

Good luck

Comment

Excellent Niddy!

Too damn right too!

Go for it Sam, good luck.
                  Last edited by di30; 27 September 2011, 19:51. Reason: spelling error

Comment

They do not deserve being helped that way, but maybe they are stupid enough to keep going, but this Niddy final letter should open their eyes, but hey, they are blind, they've already show us, so Happy days, and go for the kill, yihaa

Comment

Just write back and say;

My offer of £200 is realistic however the alternative will be £1 monthly payments. As you seem insistent upon repayment of this totally disputed debt I'll start the necessary actions to reclaim all unlawful charges, so for the time being please await further instruction which will follow by way of my sending a s.7 data access request to the original creditor. They have 40 days to respond so I'll be back in touch as and when I get the statements required to make a formal reclaim.

As you can see; my reclaiming will reduce this debt by half; my subsequent FOS complaint will add another £500 to your total liability meaning you're fighting me over the sake of £300, being I've offered you £200 to close this and walk away. It's not only absurd but also quite ironic being I still classify this as an unenforceable account meaning you'd have to take more formal action to attempt to enforce anything, at which point I'd argue the recent events where I am TRYING to resolve issues here and now in an informal amicable manner.

I look forward to your reply; I hope you reconsider but should you decide not to the process as per the start of my letter will kick in meaning I'll submit a SAR and calculate all unlawful charges and interest.

Yours faithfully.....

Good luck
                      Not even an offer of another cent by Niddy lol..

I'll get that sent out right away, fingers crossed al..

Thanks again Niddy

Comment

Originally posted by sam View Post
                        Not even an offer of another cent by Niddy lol..

I'll get that sent out right away, fingers crossed al..

Thanks again Niddy
                        Nope, as the £200 offer is more than ample for the debt - thus we started at £200 - point is, as my explanation above; the debt will be halved after we do a reclaim and then with the £500 FOS mediation fee added, it's bonkers and your offer IS ok, to start with.... obviously if they come back with a £300-£500 offer even then it is worth considering, but don't rush into anything.....

Comment

Hi all,
                          It's been a while since Lowells got back to me but today they have, I don't really know what they're on about!!

Letter below: (scanner has broke sorry!)
                          Attached Files

Comment

So they think you've already started some sort of reclaim process - muppets!!

Just ignore them, no offer - sit tight

Comment

So they think you've already started some sort of reclaim process - muppets!!

Just ignore them, no offer - sit tight

No problem, as you command

Comment

New letter with an offer now but still way off my £200 offer.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X