GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Egg, Lowells, Barclaycard help.. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Egg, Lowells, Barclaycard help..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Egg, Lowells, Barclaycard help..

Hi Sam

Cheers Niddy, yes that does seems to make more sense, Sam can then decide on the F&F when the amount is known on the refund.

Is this ok Sam?

Comment

Sam, we will get down to this once you are ready, but basically just as long as you have your reasons for a mis sell and the account number, you are then ready to go. (I would write a draft first of all your reasons, and make sure nothing is missed).

A Reclaim questionnaire is best used now, and reason being is that they can't try stalling on sending one out to you later.

Niddy as also added the link to the details of Credit Card PPI reclaiming above, and the questionnaire is also below as well.
      http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...stionnaire.doc

Complete and send to the address below.....

Will post the address below now lol, sorry wrong addy added here so just deleted.

Complete to the best of your knowledge, and keep copies as well, you may need to refer back to this again.
      Now normally they have 8 weeks, but they may write back to ask for more time.
      The FSA have given the main of the businesses more time of around 16 weeks - but they may still come to a decision by or before then.

So basically whatever the refund will be, it may be that you could use this as a F&F.
      Last edited by di30; 12 August 2011, 13:57.

Comment

Sam........for some reason I gave you the HSBC bank address, oops sorry (now deleted), think its cos I had some dealings with helping others with these recently lol.

Right, to save me scrolling back on posts, you have to pursue the ones who sold you the account, do you already have the correct address for these?

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
          (I would write a draft first of all your reasons, and make sure nothing is missed).
          Am I writing the draft letter to go on the questionnaire form?

Can I email you copies of this form so you can just go over a few sections?
          Question C3 asked if i have missed any payments or gone into arrears on this borrowing (does this inc credit cards??)

I have added a statement to this post as I can't work out the interest to add to the payments below.
          Apologies in advance if I confuse you with all the info I put here as I'm a little blown away by all this lol..

PPI was just added to my account with no notice to me.
          Credit card started 24.04.2002
          PPI started, statement date:
          7/10/04 - 7/11/04 £16.68
          7/11/04 - 7/12/04 £16.84
          7/12/04 - 7/1/05 £16.32
          7/1/05 - 7/2/05 £16.34
          7/2/05 - 7/3/05 £16.32
          7/3/05 - 7/4/05 £16.33
          7/4/05 - 7/5/05 £16.34
          7/5/05 - 7/6/05 £16.34
          7/6/05 - 7/7/05 £16.34
          7/7/05 - 7/8/05 £16.35
          7/8/05 - 7/9/05 £16.36
          7/9/05 - 7/10/05 £16.36
          7/10/05 - 7/11/05 £16.37
          7/11/05 - 7/12/05 £16.36
          7/12/05 - 7/1/06 £16.72
          7/1/06 - 7/2/06 £17.40
          7/2/06 - 7/3/06 £17.40
          Total £281.17 + interest (not as much as i thought it was)
          Notice of default letter received 23/1/06

I made a F&F of £300 Oct 2009 and another around may 2010 of £400 and obviously both were declined.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by sam View Post
            Am I writing the draft letter to go on the questionnaire form?

Can I email you copies of this form so you can just go over a few sections?
            Question C3 asked if i have missed any payments or gone into arrears on this borrowing (does this inc credit cards??)

I have added a statement to this post as I can't work out the interest to add to the payments below.
            Apologies in advance if I confuse you with all the info I put here as I'm a little blown away by all this lol..

PPI was just added to my account with no notice to me.
            Credit card started 24.04.2002
            PPI started, statement date:
            7/10/04 - 7/11/04 £16.68
            7/11/04 - 7/12/04 £16.84
            7/12/04 - 7/1/05 £16.32
            7/1/05 - 7/2/05 £16.34
            7/2/05 - 7/3/05 £16.32
            7/3/05 - 7/4/05 £16.33
            7/4/05 - 7/5/05 £16.34
            7/5/05 - 7/6/05 £16.34
            7/6/05 - 7/7/05 £16.34
            7/7/05 - 7/8/05 £16.35
            7/8/05 - 7/9/05 £16.36
            7/9/05 - 7/10/05 £16.36
            7/10/05 - 7/11/05 £16.37
            7/11/05 - 7/12/05 £16.36
            7/12/05 - 7/1/06 £16.72
            7/1/06 - 7/2/06 £17.40
            7/2/06 - 7/3/06 £17.40
            Total £281.17 + interest (not as much as i thought it was)
            Notice of default letter received 23/1/06

I made a F&F of £300 Oct 2009 and another around may 2010 of £400 and obviously both were declined.

Hi

Thanks for your message, which I just got back to in regards of B1, 2 and 3.

It's best to write roughly of your info/reasons on what to put into the questionnaire.
            So I would write all you can remember to the very best of your knowledge.

With the date, I note on the agreement it was 2005, so if this is the case then put in this date of the year will be fine.

Yes this includes arrears on credit cards as well, just like loan ppi.

I will point out though, even though its very useful to have the figures and calculations handy, you do not actually require these to apply to the reclaim questionnaire, they should however send these to you on request of a full detailed written breakdown, if your successful in your reclaiming.

No need to apologise lol.

I will see if I can get hold of someone to check the calcs out for you, but basically I can see that is the balance and on every payment you made of the ppi you should get back plus interest, this works differently to loan ppi interest to what I am aware of.

However, the ppi would have been within the balance when they sold the account on, and you would not have been able to use it anyway, this therefore needs to be deducted, you will need to mention on the form that the ppi is worthless to you and added to the debt and you feel it should be refunded back to you for this reason, as you have no use for it, and will not in the future be gaining from it.
            Last edited by di30; 12 August 2011, 15:54.

Comment

Thanks Di, I replied.
              Just a quick one regards this claim/letter
              Am I claiming it back to me or to be removed from the balance on the card/account?

Comment

Hi

Good question!

Niddy, what do you think on this one please?

As they may award the refund towards the debt anyway, but in regards of a F&F, do you think Sam should mention anything of this on the form/questionnaire?

Cheers.

Sam, Niddy should be here soon to say the best option here, but in my experience if there is still outstanding debt owing, they may award the redress to the debt anyway, if they do maybe it can be offered a F&F?
                We will want to see what they refund in order to know if there will be anything of it then to come back to you as well.

Comment

Thanks Di, I replied.
                  Just a quick one regards this claim/letter
                  Am I claiming it back to me or to be removed from the balance on the card/account?
                  You get no choice. As there is a debt it'd go towards the account. It's after this, I'll get involved again to sort the f&f offer. If they give you a choice take the cash and we'll then use their own cash in settlement of the debt
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Ok regards f&f - treat this separately to the reclaim. Trust me here

1. Do reclaim
                    2. After reclaim result then pm me so we can sort f&f whatever the reclaim result may be
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy

So Sam, just do the reclaim as normal as if you are asking them to refund back to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                        Ok regards f&f - treat this separately to the reclaim. Trust me here

1. Do reclaim
                        2. After reclaim result then pm me so we can sort f&f whatever the reclaim result may be
                        What about Lowells Niddy? Just ignore them or tell them something?

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                          Thanks Niddy

So Sam, just do the reclaim as normal as if you are asking them to refund back to you.
                          OK..

Where am i sending this questionnaire?

Comment

OK..

Where am i sending this questionnaire?
                            To whoever you took the account with, i.e. Egg

Comment

What about Lowells Niddy? Just ignore them or tell them something?
                              Ignore Lowells for now, let us know if/when/what they say when they next contact you....

Comment

Sam as Niddy says, you send to the ones who set up and sold you the account, as these are the ones responsible for the mis selling of the PPI, so send the completed Questionnaire to EGG main office or complaints dept?

Do you have the address? any probs let us know, good luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X