GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script myself v lloyds - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

myself v lloyds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• myself v lloyds

the story to date is that before the credit crunch i was paying my monthly payment,in the middle of last year i was struggling to pay ,wrote to them filled an I&E form they gave me a reduced payment plan of £40 pm which i paid which only lasted 6months ,so wrote again asking for another payment plan, as my business takings were down again, this time i asked for a £20 pm only in april did i get a reply saying they would accept ,so i have paid to date that amount ,so quite suprised when i get this today ,
    how shall i respond to this ?????
    Attached Files

Re: myself v lloyds

Hi David

Have i got it correct that you are in fact paying this albeit a reduced payment?

SCM are three desks down from LLoyds collections so should be aware there is a payment agreement in operation. I trust you have kept the letters setting these agreements up?

Comment

davidm

When my mother was on payment arrangements with creditors, sometimes she would get these kinds of letters after a default notice had been sent and the time to remedy had passed.

Usually, once she had spoken to the creditor, they would just say it was standard collection proceedures and to just ignore it.

So its possible that its just a standard letter they send out, its not an actual person at a desk doing it, more like a mail short when the system notices a default is present.

contact them to ask why its been sent and provide proof of the acceptance of the arrangement.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
        its possible that its just a standard letter they send out, its not an actual person at a desk doing it, more like a mail short when the system notices a default is present.

contact them to ask why its been sent and provide proof of the acceptance of the arrangement.
        It is a fairly standard, mail-merged threat-o-gram from Sechauri Clarke und Michell (SCuM) and it does not mean that they are about to sue you. They are trying to make you panic so that you will be easier prey for them, either to pay unaffordably large sums of money per month - they don't give a damn if you starve - or with the hope they can get the money from your heirs.

Comment

ok thanks will ring them and ask whats going on ???? or would writing be the better option and shall i write/ring lloyds or these people ???
          Last edited by davidm; 17 June 2012, 16:43.

Comment

NO NO NO don't ring them, write to them recorded delivery enclosing a copy of the agreement to pay the 20 quid and ask them what the hell they are palying at with the court threats!

Comment

No, keep it in writing david..no phone calls!

Keep everything in writing with these people...and get proof of posting, they'll blag you into paying more than you can afford on the phone.

I note that it states that you are still paying interest, despite the fact that they've defaulted you? Is that correct? Is the balance actually going down at all with your payments?

Shep x

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherdess View Post
                No, keep it in writing david..no phone calls!

Keep everything in writing with these people...and get proof of posting, they'll blag you into paying more than you can afford on the phone.

I note that it states that you are still paying interest, despite the fact that they've defaulted you? Is that correct? Is the balance actually going down at all with your payments?

Shep x
                i didnt notice that about the interest ,dont think they have defualted me yet got 14 days to respond

Comment

Hmm..it says despite several reminders including the issue of a default notice.
                  They almost invariably do issue a default if you're paying anything less than the contractual amount.

I'd write and demand to know why you've received this as you are on an agreed payment plan, and ask for confirmation of whether the account has been defaulted, whether interest is still being added. Ask also for a statement of account.

Have you considered sending a CCA request to explore unenforceability for this account, David?
                  If they ARE still adding charges if it was me I'd cease payments to make them terminate anyway, otherwise you're throwing money into a bottomless pit.
                  Last edited by Undercover Elsa; 17 June 2012, 17:34.

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
                    What was this account you had with Lloyds? If it was a credit card or a loan taken out before April 2007 then it could well be UE - I'd be firing off a CCA request to explore that option.
                    thanks flower power think i will do that asap

Comment

caa done plus covering letter thanks ---dave

Comment

sent cca to lloyds plus the covering letter saying we had an agreement have had NO response from the cca but got the first letter back ,i was then waiting for a monthly statement [no mention of standing order] so i could pay the agreed sum .instead i got the 2nd letter [a plan had already been agreed ] see first letter and today i got this from a dca .i have no way of paying this agreement unless they send a monthly bill
                        what to do now ???
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by davidm; 17 July 2012, 18:10.

Comment

Personally, they wont send a monthly bill, so not point asking for one, what they will do is allow u to set up a standing order for the required amount.

However, if u havent got your CCA, why do u want to pay them?
                          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

i dont-- so what shall i do about the non compliance of the cca send another ???? or send a letter to dca saying the bank have not complied

Comment

If it were me I would send this-----> Account Sold whilst in Dispute

Send to Moorcroft & I would NOT be paying anything

Comment

Working...
                              X