GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Jaci's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jaci's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jaci's UE Diary

It's taken me a long time to bite the bullet and go for this, I started with a DMP with CCCS around Feb 2010, but after a review they decided to shove my payments so high that we couldn't survive, so following Niddy's advice we've stopped the DMP and sent CCA requests to the lot of them.

Some of the debts are taken after 2007, but Niddy said 'no harm trying' so sent them a CCA request too, I'm hoping that by stopping the payments on these I'll be able to offer a F&F on these accounts when I get to that point (Be warned - I'll be looking for advice on this too!).

I'm doing this as a joint diary with the OH, but you'll see the posts are clearly marked as to who the account belongs to.

Ok, so here goes ...

Updates will be in red
    Last edited by jaci; 5 July 2011, 13:15.

Re: Jaci's UE Diary

MY ACCOUNT

LLoyds TSB
    Credit Card
    Start Date 24-10-2001
    Current Balance £1056.67
    Status - In Arrears

Lloyds TSB Credit Card - Currently with Westcott Credit Services
    06/06/2011 - CCA Request Sent
    05/07/2011 - Received my letter back, complete with cheque (and even the envelope I sent it in!!) with a compliments slip attached saying 'cheque needs to be payable to Lloyds TSB - please re-write the cheque and return with your request. Ok to do this I assume?
    13/07/2011 - Sending request back to them with cheque payable to Lloyds TSB
    14/07/2011 - received letter fromSCM Solicitors asking me to pay full balance with 7 days to avoid court proceedings, call within 7 days to come to an 'amicable agreement'
    16/07/2011 - Sent letter to SCM Solicitors saying account is in dispute, dealing with it
    23/07/2011 - Received letter back from Wescot saying ' Instructions have been received from our client to withdraw the account and therefore, you should receive no further contact from Wescot in relation to this matter' also received back my £1 cheque.
    In2deep says ignore
    10/10/2011 - Received letter from Robinson Way Limited, 'Formal Demand for Payment'. Pay it all. Now. Or we might tell our client to take you to court - ignoring for now
    11/11/2011 - Statement received - Ignoring
    15/11/2011 - Letter from Robinson Way, 'Immediate Action Required .... Pay up now
    17/11/2011 - Sent Account Sold whilst in Dispute
    12/12/2011 - Letter from Robinson Way, 'We have noted your dispute/query ... we're making enquiries ...stopping collection activity for time being, shall wait and see what they come up with
    04/01/12 - Letter from Robinson Way 'Thank you for your recent contact, please forward the relevant fee's to our client to enable them to respond to your request under the Consumer Credit Act. Account is held for 14 days to enable you to do this. After this time collection activity will resume on your account. Ignoring
    01/03/2012 - Letter from Credit Security - ' We have been instructed by our client to recover the outstanding debt. Settlement is required within seven days. Contact us.' Ignoring for now.
    17/03/2012 - Letter from Credit Security 'We DEMAND that the sum stated be sent IMMEDIATELY'. Ignoring for now.
    19/04/2-12 - Letter from Credit Security 'Following our recent communication we are pleased to confirm that our client is prepared to accept the sum of £739.67' providing payment is received by 27th April.
    06/09/12 - Letter from Lloyds TSB, 'Because we haven't been able to agree a suitable repayment plan we instructing Moorcroft to arrange collection of the debt, please contact them ...'
    13/11/12 - Letter from Lloyds TSB Statement for account, Basically just telling me what I owe them.
    21/06/14 - Letter from Lowell ... 'Debt still outstanding... please pay up or we might ....'

Last edited by jaci; 22 June 2014, 14:30.

Comment

MY ACCOUNT

Natwest
      Credit Card
      Start Date 22-08-2007
      Current Balance £2778 (Approx)
      Status - Defaulted Jan 2010

Natwest Credit Card
      06/06/2011 - CCA Request sent
      13/07/2011 - CCA Received, emailed Niddy
      16/07/2011 - Niddy says , replying with CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms to buy a little time
      03/08/2011 - Received statement
      08/08/2011 - Letter saying 'It is enforceable', ignoring for now.
      02/09/2011 - Statement received
      02/09/2011 - Letter received, If you don't pay up in 14 days we're sending account to a debt collecting agency, Ignoring for now
      08/12/2011 - Final notice received from Westcot, pay in 10 days or else. Ignoring for now
      04/01/2012 - Letter from Nelson Guest & Partners 'An Offer to reduce the amount payable on your debt, call us now'. Ignoring
      26/05/2012 - Letter from Natwest. Our collection agent has been unable to contact you therefore you account details have been passed to Apex Credit Management to act as out new collection agent. They'll be in touch within 14 days.
      Last edited by jaci; 26 May 2012, 10:33.

Comment

MBNA Bank
        Loan
        Start Date 27-05-2006
        Current Balance £1915
        Status - Arrangement to pay

MBNA LOAN
        13/07/2011 - CCA Received, emailed Niddy
        16/07/2011 - Niddy says , sent this to buy time : CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms
        10/10/2011 - Received Statement - ignoring for now
        22/02/2012 - Letter from MBNA enclosing a letter from Moorgate Loan Servicing advising account has been sold to AOF 2 Sarl. Ignoring for now.
        20/03/2012 - Letter from Moorgate Loan Servicing 'We have appointed Arden Credit Management who will contact you to discuss the outstanding balance and your proposals for payment. Ignoring for now.
        17/05/2012 - Letter from Arden Credit Managment, 'Pay up now, If you don't pay within the next 7 days, we're sending someone round - and charging up to £75 for the visit'. Replied with Harassment & Threat of Doorstep-Visit
        25/06/2012 - Just had a visit , Told him I'd wrote to them and wasn't willing to discuss on the doorstep with him.
        Last edited by jaci; 25 June 2012, 09:44.

Comment

MY ACCOUNT

Barclaycard Centre
          Credit Card
          Start Date 16-10-2003
          Current Balance £1041

Barclaycard Mastercard Credit Card
          05/07/2011 - Have received a letter which says 'We are currently unable to provide a copy of your Credit Agreement. We accept that we are therefore prevented from enforcing our agreement with you while this state of affairs continues' Then goes on to say I should still pay or they'll report me to Credit Reference Agencies and such. Anyone want to see this?
          08/07/2011 - In2Deep and Niddy both confirmed as
          11/08/2011 - Letter from Mercers, Default notice served, pay up or else!
          13/08/2011 - Received usual statement
          17/10/2011 - Received usual Statement, ignoring
          12/11/2011 - Received usual statement.
          16/11/2011 - Letter from Calder Financial 'Pay within 7 days'
          17/11/2011 - Sent - CCA Query - Letter Previously Confirming No CCA
          14/12/2011 - Usual statement received
          15/12/2011 - Letter from Calder Financial - 'Notice of intention to sell your debt' Account is being returned to Barclaycard who intend to sell this debt
          Last edited by jaci; 16 December 2011, 12:34.

Comment

MY ACCOUNT

Barclaycard Centre
            Credit Card
            Start Date 22-10-2007
            Current Balance £1471

Barclaycard Visa Credit Card
            08/08/2011 - Received letter which says 'I enclose a reconstituted copy of your credit agreement. A copy of the terms of your credit agreement as varied in accordance with section 82 (1) of the act has been (or will shortly be) sent to you under separate cover.' Also in the same envelope a couple of pages of conditions. Not had anything else from them yet. Anyone want to see this? (No, so waiting for them to send the agreement)
            09/08/2011 - Letter from Mercers, Default Notice has been served, pay up or else!
            10/08/2011 - Received usual statement
            11/08/2011 - Received letter saying 'Enclosed with this letter is a copy of your Barclaycard Terms and Conditions. Sending CCA Query - Terms & Conditions Received
            09/09/2011 - Received statement as usual
            15/09/2011 - Letter from Resolvecall, acting on behalf of Mercers asking me to contact Mercers - Ignoring for now
            03/10/2011 - Just had a visit from Resolvecall, basically told him I wasn't paying and to go away!!, Niddy says carry on ignoring, they won't come back in a hurry!
            13/10/2011 - Received from Mercers - '48 Hour Notice' 'We will now pass your account to a debt collections firm in your area and a local representative may call at you address to obtain payment', ignoring
            10/11/2011 - Statement received, ignoring.
            11/11/2011 - Letter from Calder Financial - pay up within 7 days or else - Ignoring
            12/12/2011 - Usual statement received from Barclaycard, continuing to ignore
            15/12/2011 - Letter from Calder Financial - 'Notice of intention to sell your debt' Account is being returned to Barclaycard who intend to sell this debt
            10/01/2012 - Letter from Barclaycard - 'Formal Demand for Payment'
            01/03/2012 - Letter from MK Rapid Recoveries. 'We've taken over you account, contact us with your offer of payment' Ignoring for now.
            Last edited by jaci; 1 March 2012, 10:44.

Comment

OH'S ACCOUNT

Capital One
              Credit Card
              Start Date 01-03-2004
              Current Balance £1577
              Status - Defaulted

Capital One Credit Card
              28/07/2011 - Received letter from Capquest, 'Further to our recent correspondence' (What recent correspondence??), goes on to say they've checked our address and established we have no CCJ's registered at our address and they might do this or they might do that, and we have to get in touch by 07 August or the account will move forward to litigation
              03/07/2011 - Sent another CCA request to Capital One, (original was sent to Credit Solutions) also sent a copy to Capquest with a note telling them what was happening.
              08/08/2011 - Received letter from Capquest - Letter Before Action - offering me a F&F of £736.59, contact them by the 17th or they'll pass me on to their solicitors
              10/08/2011 - Received letter from Capquest saying we're dealing with the account, we need £1.00 admin fee (sent to Capital One last time) account on hold for 12 days to allow time for me to respond with the fee.
              10/08/2011 - Sending Final Response - Unenforceability (No CCA Received) to Capquest.
              17/08/2011 - Received 2 letters from Capquest. Letter 1 - 'We've received your letter and passed to relevant department to be processed. Letter 2 - 'Unable to comment on the dispute you have raised as this was prior to our involvement and at the time the account was passed to us we were unaware of any existing query. Therefore we are closing the account on our system. Ignoring
              19/08/2011 - Letter from Capital One. 'I enclose a reconstituted copy of your original agreement' enclosed with copy of application form and 2 sets of T&C. Emailed to Niddy.
              Sent CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms
              15/09/2011 - Received letter from Capital One, Basically says 'Is enforceable, pay up' but goes on to say I've requested details of all debits and credits applied to account (I haven't), and asking me to send a cheque so they can do this
              Last edited by jaci; 19 September 2011, 12:26.

Comment

OH'S ACCOUNT

BoS Card Services
                Credit Card
                Start Date 19-10-2004
                Current Balance £658.13
                Status Defaulted

Bank Of Scotland Credit Card - Currently with Blair Oliver Scott
                04/07/2011 - Received letter back with copy of application form and 2 copies of agreements. Does this all need to be seen?
                08/07/2011 - Emailed Niddy
                13/07/2011 - Niddy says , replying with CCA Query - Application Form Received
                26/06/2011 - Received letter back saying ... is enforceable, pay up, complain to ombudsman if still not happy. In2Deep says ignore.
                19/08/2011 - Received Letter from Moorcroft Debt Recovery, installment offer £40 per month, contact us. Still ignoring.
                02/09/2011 - Received letter from Midas Credit Services, 'Litigation Warning' Contact us . Sent this ... Account Sold whilst in Dispute
                05/11/2011 - Received usual statement (first in ages)
                05/11/2011 - Letter from Moorcroft, 'Discount Offer' contact us within 14 days for a substantial discount
                12/12/2011 - Letter from Capquest, contact us before 21/12 or we're moving your account on to litigation, replying with Unenforceability Templates - Section 5
                25/05/2012 - Regular statement received.
                Last edited by jaci; 25 May 2012, 10:59.

Comment

OH'S ACCOUNT

RBS Cards (Mint)
                  Credit Card
                  Start Date 11-03-2004
                  Current Balance £1847
                  Status Defaulted

Mint Credit Card
                  04/07/2011 - Have received a very confusing letter, my cheque back, a copy of signed application form, 4 pages titled 'Credit Agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974', Another 16 pages with the same title, A copy of a letter sent with a replacement card with another CCA, and finally a copy of the latest statement. Oh and a leaflet entitled 'Your Copy of the General Conditions'. Does someone need to see all this???
                  [/COLOR]
                  07/07/2001 - Emailed Niddy
                  08/07/2011 - Niddy says ... You can cease repayments and respond with this: CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms ... will get this in the post
                  13/07/2011 Posted letter as above
                  14/07/2011 - received a letter from Mint asking for payment within 14 days else they shall send the account to a debt collection agent - asks OH to call to 'discuss a repayment programme' - letters crossed in post so ignoring
                  03/08/2011 - Received statement
                  03/08/2011 - Received letter saying what they sent was good enough, they see no reason to enter into further correspondence with us about alleged CCA breaches, they dont consider account to be in dispute and will continue to persue for full payment. Ignoring.
                  19/09/2011 - Letter from Wescot, Pay up within 10 days or else .... Sent this - Account Sold whilst in Dispute
                  13/10/2011 - Letter from Wescott, 'Our client advised us they have sent you all the documentation they are legally obliged to. We believe dispute has been resolved, so pay up. Contact us within 14 days if you think you still have a valid dispute or we'll pass onto collections'. Ignoring
                  10/11/2011 - Letter from Wescott - you're going to get a Door Stop Collection Visit, replying with Harassment & Threat of Doorstep-Visit
                  Last edited by jaci; 11 November 2011, 13:18.

Comment

JOINT LOAN

Halifax Plc
                    Loan
                    Start Date 23-04-2008
                    Current Balance £7694.81
                    Status Defaulted March 2010

Halifax Loan
                    08/07/2011 - CCA Received Emailed Niddy - Niddy says
                    Ignoring for time being - waiting for them to get in touch with me
                    13/08/2011 - Received letter from Iqor - Your account has been passed to us from Capital Bank with instruction to recover debt in full, still ignoring for now
                    19/09/2011 - Letter from Geoffrey Parker Bourne Solicitors, pay up or legal action is likely, replied with Threat to Commence Litigation
                    29/09/2011 - Letter from Geoffrey Parker Bourne Solicitiors, Pay up within 7 days or we may commence legal action. Replied with ' Threat by Creditor - Threat-o-Gram Letter Before Action '
                    10/10/2011 - Received letter from GPB Solicitors 'We have referred this matter to our client for instruction and we will contact you shortly'. Ignoring for now
                    07/11/2011 - Received usual statement, ignoring
                    07/12/2011 - letter from Robinson Way, 'Formal demand for payment'. Ignoring for now
                    16/12/2011 - Letter frm Robinson Way, 'Immediate action required, please call us now'
                    04/01/2012 - Letter from Robinson Way, 'Immediate action required - Call us now'. Ignoring
                    20/02/2012 - Letter from Horwich Farrelly - We have been instructed by our client to claim from you full payment. Court action may be taken against you unless you pay in full or contact us with a proposal within the next 10 days. Sent Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Threat by Creditor - To Commence Litigation
                    17/03/2012 - Letter from Robinson Way 'We have noted your dispute, we'll look into it and get back to you. Meanwhile collection activity will stop'. Ignoring for now.
                    14/05/2012 - Letter from Halifax, have already supplied CCA but have enclosed another one anyway, Please pay up now ...
                    Last edited by jaci; 14 May 2012, 10:38.

Comment

That's everything - Still waiting for replies

Comment

Hi Jaci

Like you I went from DMP to UE...wanted to wish you very good luck with it all

x

Comment

Hi Jaci just wanted to say hello and welcome, you will find some great advice and support here, well done for taking the first step good luck x

Comment

Hi Jaci - welcome aboard.
                            Just thought Isd drop by and let you know you are not alone and well done for biting the bullet!
                            Like you I finally faced up to my problems just about a year ago and rang CCCS - they came up with a plan that would cripple me and my family for the next 16 years,which I didnt fancy.

Fortunately I stumbled across this site / Niddy and decided to fight!

You are in the right place.

Best of luck - No one will tell you it is going to be easy ,but believe you can do it and you will.

Matty.

Comment

welcome aboard good luck xxxx
                              if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                              X