GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Jaci's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jaci's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jaci's UE Diary

Originally posted by jaci View Post
    Westcott are only asking for the cheque to be changed on this one, so going to send request back to them with a new cheque, assume this will be ok?
    No send this back; with a copy of the original request and the original cheque... the letter explains why you do not need to send it to the original creditor....

CCA Request - Demand of Signature by Creditor
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

But they're not asking for a signature??? Just that the cheque is made out to the OC

Comment

But they're not asking for a signature??? Just that the cheque is made out to the OC
        Ooooh sorry I didn't read it properly

Still, you do not need to do this, however for ease and clarity - it may speed things up. As a DCA is hassling you for payment, you have every right to go to them asking for paperwork - thats the way it works.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          Ooooh sorry I didn't read it properly

Still, you do not need to do this, however for ease and clarity - it may speed things up. As a DCA is hassling you for payment, you have every right to go to them asking for paperwork - thats the way it works.

Sorry, was I bit harsh? What shall I do - all they've done is sent me my original request back with a little compliments slip saying 'cheque needs to be payable to Lloyds TSB, re-write the cheque and return with your request'?

Comment

Sorry, was I bit harsh? What shall I do - all they've done is sent me my original request back with a little compliments slip saying 'cheque needs to be payable to Lloyds TSB, re-write the cheque and return with your request'?
            Just send another if you can - if it was a postal order that you originally sent then no, you can send the same one with my template.

If it is a personal cheque, just redo it and send it with the same template as originally sent.....

Comment

Just send another if you can - if it was a postal order that you originally sent then no, you can send the same one with my template.

If it is a personal cheque, just redo it and send it with the same template as originally sent.....
              Yes Sir!

Comment

MY ACCOUNT

Natwest
                Credit Card
                Start Date 22-08-2007
                Current Balance £2778 (Approx)
                Status - Defaulted Jan 2010

Natwest Credit Card
                06/06/2011 - CCA Request sent
                13/07/2011 - CCA Received, emailed Niddy
                Updated

Comment

MY ACCOUNT

MBNA Bank
                  Loan
                  Start Date 27-05-2006
                  Current Balance £1915
                  Status - Arrangement to pay

MBNA LOAN
                  06/06/2011 - CCA Request Sent
                  13/07/2011 - CCA Received, emailed Niddy
                  Updated

Comment

Don't know if I should post this here or somewhere else but here goes anyway - neighbour just knocked on my door and said 'We've just had a phonecall for your OH' anyhow the caller was asking her to speak to him (he's at work) she told the caller this and she went on to ask where he works before saying 'doesn't matter - we'll write to him' Anyhow my neighbour has done 1471 and a quick google of the number comes up as Capquest, I rang it and said I had a missed call the woman on the phone says they're a company called DVSL who try and track people for clients. Surely ringing a neighbour isn't allowed???? But what should I do?

Comment

I'd be complaining to the ICO--> Complaints about data protection policy - ICO

They've breached the data protection act.

Comment

Don't know if I should post this here or somewhere else but here goes anyway - neighbour just knocked on my door and said 'We've just had a phonecall for your OH' anyhow the caller was asking her to speak to him (he's at work) she told the caller this and she went on to ask where he works before saying 'doesn't matter - we'll write to him' Anyhow my neighbour has done 1471 and a quick google of the number comes up as Capquest, I rang it and said I had a missed call the woman on the phone says they're a company called DVSL who try and track people for clients. Surely ringing a neighbour isn't allowed???? But what should I do?
                        You need to go right to the top with this - they can lose their consumer credit licence for this.

Complain to Ministry of Justice; FOS; Trading Standards (local to the firm that rung) and also the ICO.

Yes, lots of complaints but the content is the same - basically get your neighbour to give you a written testament of events and to note the number that appeared on 1471 with the time.

Get stuck in to these dirty bastards, that is absolutely shocking and they need stopping.

Comment

Originally posted by swanfan View Post
                          They've breached the data protection act.
                          Erm, they've breached more than the ICO guidelines (DPA) mate!

Comment

Erm, they've breached more than the ICO guidelines (DPA) mate!
                            You're the expert mate.

Well let's hope they do lose their licence the buggers.

Comment

You need to go right to the top with this - they can lose their consumer credit licence for this.

Complain to Ministry of Justice; FOS; Trading Standards (local to the firm that rung) and also the ICO.

Yes, lots of complaints but the content is the same - basically get your neighbour to give you a written testament of events and to note the number that appeared on 1471 with the time.

Get stuck in to these dirty bastards, that is absolutely shocking and they need stopping.
                              Not forgetting the OFT, of course!

OFT warns debt sector about tracing tactics - The Office of Fair Trading

Further, if they know your address, why contact the neighbour?
                              http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/pre...6C773D3F140552
                              Last edited by Angry Cat; 13 July 2011, 15:14.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
                                Not forgetting the OFT, of course!

OFT warns debt sector about tracing tactics - The Office of Fair Trading

Further, if they know your address, why contact the neighbour?
                                http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/pre...6C773D3F140552
                                DOH! How could I forget the OFT (debt collection guidance breach comes to mind)! Thanks AC

Comment

Working...
                                X