GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Start of my diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Start of my diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start of my diary

I am about to start my CCA quest. More info to follow.
    Where I am at the moment, I have sent some requests off to test the water.

At the moment received three replies, two of which have proved unenforceable according to Niddy. One for NEXT and one for Barclaycard (my wife). I also sent a request to B'card for myself - just received notice that the debt appears to be now handied to a DCA.
    How should go about this CCA, should I send a new request to this DCA.
    When I get chance I will list all debts for both wife and I obtained from our credit report.

Cheers

Re: Start of my diary

Usually the dca will chase you can then CCA them.Did you receive one from Bcard ?
    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

As long as the CCA request was sent and received before you were notified of its sale, once 12+2 days have passed the account is in dispute. If and when DCA contacts you, we have a nice letter in the template section of AAD+, our subscription service, to say that it has been sold in dispute.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Just wanted to wish you the best with your chosen journey Strepsi. You are in excellent hands here.
        Best
        SA
        When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Hi Strepsi, well done on taking the first steps

As a rule of thumb, if they've not fulfilled a past CCA Request (and you've kept proof that one was submitted) or sent one that's deemed unenforceable, then it's best not to send another request. Why give them another chance to get it right?

Conversely, if they send an enforceable one, and new DCA's start hassling you in the future, then we'd send another CCA request, as they may NOT get it right the next time.

So, just wait until the new DCA contacts you and let us know what they say...

Elsa x

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
            As long as the CCA request was sent and received before you were notified of its sale, once 12+2 days have passed the account is in dispute. If and when DCA contacts you, we have a nice letter in the template section of AAD+, our subscription service, to say that it has been sold in dispute.
            Hi,
            I sent my CCA's on the 2nd of this month, received letter from B'card this morning letting me know I need to contact Credit Solutions as a matter of urgency.

Comment

I would be inclined to wait till they write to you and let us know.
              if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

I've just started my UE journey as well. I look forward to following you. I sent mine off to barclaycard and some other original creditors on the 4th February and to the DCAs on the 1st Feb. Mine are being very slow in responding but I have been paying on a DMP since 2011 so paid some back already. They may contact the DMP companies before getting to me! Have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by JLC View Post
                  I've just started my UE journey as well. I look forward to following you. I sent mine off to barclaycard and some other original creditors on the 4th February and to the DCAs on the 1st Feb. Mine are being very slow in responding but I have been paying on a DMP since 2011 so paid some back already. They may contact the DMP companies before getting to me! Have fun!
                  Hi, we have been doing a self managed DMP after we spoke stepchange.

I have read a few diaries, do like the idea of the support. I am so glad I found this forum.
                  Really hope there is a 'positive' outcome.
                  Is it strange to feel excited!

Comment

I was with a paid DMP company then set up with step change towards the end of January, then cancelled it on the 9th Feb after finding this forum. I haven't paid anything since the beginning of January. Hopefully no one has my phone number as I rarely give it out. I look forward to the post and am quite disappointed when I don't get anything! Of course, I'm sure I'll go through quite a few emotions once it all kicks off. And no, it's not strange to feel excited, I think it's because you realise that you are in control!

Comment

Originally posted by Strepsi View Post
                      Is it strange to feel excited!
                      Originally posted by JLC View Post
                      I look forward to the post and am quite disappointed when I don't get anything! Of course, I'm sure I'll go through quite a few emotions once it all kicks off. And no, it's not strange to feel excited, I think it's because you realise that you are in control!
                      You feel excited because you're taking control as JLC says and fighting back. I can remember the days when I felt disappointed if I didn't receive any post from DCAs. Now I rarely receive anything and they're close to being SB. The six years seem to have flown by!
                      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                        You feel excited because you're taking control as JLC says and fighting back. I can remember the days when I felt disappointed if I didn't receive any post from DCAs. Now I rarely receive anything and they're close to being SB. The six years seem to have flown by!
                        Funny, I found myself looking out for the post the other day and feeling disappointed when nothing came that was relevant.

I should get chance tomorrow to list all our debts... it is quite excessive.
                        But is there any debts we can't CCA, if I could get 50% that were unenforceable I would be happy!

I am aware that it could be "a long and winding road" to quote one of my favourite songs.

Comment

You can send a s 77, 78 and 79 CCA request for any money covered by the consumer credit act; if you have an overdraft there is a different letter to send. If you post here any queries we can guide you.

Dont worry about excessive amounts of debt, some of us here have been in that situation and survived.

Comment

This part of the diary includes my wife's at this stage mine is not on here.

Halifax O/D - 5/9/2004 - £2040
                            Halifax CC 5/11/2013 - £2369
                            Tesco CC 27/10/2013 - £4315
                            Natwest CC 13/9/2013 - £4386
                            MBNA CC5/9/2005 - £3216 Appears to be owned by Arrow - but receive letter from Capquest (Letter CCA sent 2nd Feb, nothing back yet)
                            Ikiano Loan 8/8/2013 - £2232

B'Card 11/11/2013 - £4990 UE according to Niddy
                            Next Direct 4/5/2008 - £4427 UE according to Niddy

I have been making £1.00 token payments to all of above, accept B'card as I wanted them to issue default.

What do people think?
                            Last edited by Strepsi; 24 July 2018, 20:19.

Comment

This part of the diary includes my wife's at this stage mine is not on here.

Halifax O/D - 8/9/2004 - £2040
                              Halifax CC 11/11/2013 - £2369
                              Tesco CC 25/10/2013 - £4315
                              Natwest CC 19/9/2013 - £4386
                              MBNA CC10/9/2005 - £3216 Appears to be owned by Arrow - but receive letter from Capquest (Letter CCA sent 2nd Feb, nothing back yet)
                              Ikiano Loan 11/8/2013 - £2232

B'Card 14/12/2013 - £4990 UE according to Niddy
                              Next Direct 6/6/2008 - £4427 UE according to Niddy

I have been making £1.00 token payments to all of above, accept B'card as I wanted them to issue default.

What do people think?
                              Last edited by Strepsi; 24 July 2018, 20:20.

Comment

Working...
                              X