GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Start of my diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Start of my diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Start of my diary

seems an initial Phishing letter
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I have something running on a different thread. But just generally, I have read somewhere that a DCA can't take you to court if they haven't issued a default notice.

Our B'card has defaulted by B'card, it has been sold to another DCA I do not remember receiving a default notice from the new owner of the debt - are they able to take me to court?

Comment

You don't get a new one from whoever has bought it, the original one from Barclays is the one regestered with the CRA's, new owner just puts their name on it, date must stay the same.
        Don't get confused with a lot of companys sending defaults for missed payments and the one actually registered, they can send you as many as they like , BUT, a debt can only be defaulted with CRA once,
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
          No need to panic.

Posts will now be on your other thread in the claim section here>

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post588468

See you there

Di
          After lengthy communication with Plan B I have finally decided to defend (challenge) the claim. I have to be honest I am extremely worried..., it has been paused now for 28 days (I think).

Comment

• Re: CCA Reply received Bank of Scotland

Originally posted by Strepsi View Post
            Bank of Scotland -Credit Card

I am emailing copies to Niddy.

Regards
            B of S 29/10/2013 1128

I have been informed that is enforceable from Niddy.

Received this letter today dated 4th April 2017.

PRA Group (UK) Ltd has purchased your outstanding balance with Bank of Scotland.

Your account is being managed by our Investigations and Litigation Department to look at your outstanding debt for possible Litigation recovery.

We want to work with you to help clear your remaining debt in an affordable manner, and we have fully trained account managers waiting to take your call. We will be honest and realistic in discussing all opportunities with you to resolve this matter within a defined period of time.

If we do not hear from you, then we will be forced to undertake further investigations to gain an insight into your ability to pay the outstanding balance through information that is available to us. We look forward to hearing from you within the next 14 days of the date of this letter to avoid moving to the next step.

Is it me or is that a load of waffle. Anyway next steps please.

Cheers

Comment

I read that as oh dear we may need to see if there is a human available look at the account rather than just send out computer generated letters.
              When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Originally posted by Susie View Post
                I read that as oh dear we may need to see if there is a human available look at the account rather than just send out computer generated letters.
                I almost fell asleep copying to this thread!

Comment

Writing this whilst on a train...
                  Anyway received two letters with returned SO's from Apex DCA. Regarding our (myself and wife) cca requests.
                  Advising that cannot deal with them need to send directly to Halifax and B of S. I have however done this originally and received CCA'S and have been informed by Niddy that they are enforceable.
                  What is my next course of action.
                  Cheers
                  B of S 29/10/2013 1128
                  I have been informed that is enforceable from Niddy.

Received this letter today dated 4th April 2017.

PRA Group (UK) Ltd has purchased your outstanding balance with Bank of Scotland.
                  Your account is being managed by our Investigations and Litigation Department to look at your outstanding debt for possible Litigation recovery.
                  We want to work with you to help clear your remaining debt in an affordable manner, and we have fully trained account managers waiting to take your call. We will be honest and realistic in discussing all opportunities with you to resolve this matter within a defined period of time.
                  If we do not hear from you, then we will be forced to undertake further investigations to gain an insight into your ability to pay the outstanding balance through information that is available to us. We look forward to hearing from you within the next 14 days of the date of this letter to avoid moving to the next step.
                  Is it me or is that a load of waffle. Anyway next steps please.
                  Cheers
                  Strepsi your Diary needs knocking into shape because you haven't set out each debt individually and kept this up to date with later entries.
                  PRA are litigatious and I feel we lack all the information here to make suggestions.
                  Am I right that BoS Agents APEX didn't fulfil their s.78 duties? That Niddy decision was on an early Agreement sent by BoS?
                  Did you ever send a formal s.78 to BoS (enclosing £1)

Have you kept APEX's letter? As things stand you have asked for a s.78 and it has not been delivered!

We wouldn't want PRA to put APEX's error right would we, by producing a Enforceable s.78

It seems to me that a SWID might be the better option here!

Others may have differing opinions

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                    Strepsi your Diary needs knocking into shape because you haven't set out each debt individually and kept this up to date with later entries.
                    PRA are litigatious and I feel we lack all the information here to make suggestions.
                    Am I right that BoS Agents APEX didn't fulfil their s.78 duties? That Niddy decision was on an early Agreement sent by BoS?
                    Did you ever send a formal s.78 to BoS (enclosing £1)

Have you kept APEX's letter? As things stand you have asked for a s.78 and it has not been delivered!

We wouldn't want PRA to put APEX's error right would we, by producing a Enforceable s.78

It seems to me that a SWID might be the better option here!

Others may have differing opinions
                    Thanks for feedback. It has got on top of me. Not been in a good place.

Trying now to sort things out, conversation with Plan B has helped.

Comment

You are in the best place for good help and advice.

Good Luck

Comment

You are in the best place for good help and advice.

Good Luck
                        On digging out my paperwork! And conceding that I have been in a dark place.

I have just dug out my letter in acknowledgement of my CCA request from CSL with regards my B of S account.

"We acknowledge receipt of your request for a copy of CCA and fee for the sum of £1.00 which has been forwarded to our client,Halifax Bank of Scotland.

This letter was dated 4th October 2016. I can only assume that I must of sent one earlier in the year as I have a copy of credit agreement that I received back in May.

God only knows, what has gone on in my head... at a loss.

What now???

Comment

On digging out my paperwork! And conceding that I have been in a dark place.

I have just dug out my letter in acknowledgement of my CCA request from CSL with regards my B of S account.

"We acknowledge receipt of your request for a copy of CCA and fee for the sum of £1.00 which has been forwarded to our client,Halifax Bank of Scotland.

This letter was dated 4th October 2016. I can only assume that I must of sent one earlier in the year as I have a copy of credit agreement that I received back in May.

God only knows, what has gone on in my head... at a loss.

What now???
                          Well done!
                          I surmise you sent Niddy that copy of credit agreement received in May and that He said was Enforceable. However what matters here is that outstanding S.78 sent to CSL!

CSL Letter of 4th October confirms £1 fee and that they received your s.78 request.
                          That letter is very important because it means you have an outstanding s.78 request and whilst this is outstanding that Debt is UE.

PRA have therefor brought a Debt with an outstanding s.78 request!!
                          PRA are litigatious and could I suspect easily produce an Enforceable Agreement (if they knew there was a s.78 outstanding) SO DON'T TELL THEM.

Hence sending a SWID (Sold Whilst In Dispute) letter to PRA. This should keep them and BoS busy for some time!

Others may have other suggestions.

Comment

Well done!
                            I surmise you sent Niddy that copy of credit agreement received in May and that He said was Enforceable. However what matters here is that outstanding S.78 sent to CSL!

CSL Letter of 4th October confirms £1 fee and that they received your s.78 request.
                            That letter is very important because it means you have an outstanding s.78 request and whilst this is outstanding that Debt is UE.

PRA have therefor brought a Debt with an outstanding s.78 request!!
                            PRA are litigatious and could I suspect easily produce an Enforceable Agreement (if they knew there was a s.78 outstanding) SO DON'T TELL THEM.

Hence sending a SWID (Sold Whilst In Dispute) letter to PRA. This should keep them and BoS busy for some time!

Others may have other suggestions.
                            Thanks,can you advise where I can find this. Would it be under templates or something.

Comment

Sold whilst n dispute (SWID) in templates , x
                              if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
                                Sold whilst n dispute (SWID) in templates , x
                                Can't appear to find it,does it have a different title?

Comment

Working...
                                X