GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Start of my diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Start of my diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Start of my diary

Originally posted by Strepsi View Post
    Not panicking as yet. Just a quick question, how does the whole process work now I have submitted the info?
    No need to panic.

Posts will now be on your other thread in the claim section here>

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post588468

See you there

Di

Comment

Finally plucked up the courage to open the 'envelopes' and also check our credit reports. Some letters are getting a bit nasty these debts are enforceable, we could be getting a knock on our door?! If these debts are enforceable would it is the best way to deal with them, should I just make token (£1.00) payments?
      Also it appears that some of my debts have been sold to DCA one in particular HSBC to 1st Credit (Finance) Ltd, on checking them out on the FCA register it appears their licence has lapsed, is that a positive or does it have no bearing?!

I am aware that some of my debts are UE, but if some debts are enforceable would I not be better paying them, as they don't appear to be disappearing.

Cheers

Comment

Well done for opening them so you know where you are with them now. The next step will be to sort them into individual debts and date order, and update each account on here. That way peopleare more ale to help and will have an idea of what is most pressing or can help you find a suitable template if any need a reply
        When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Originally posted by Susie View Post
          Well done for opening them so you know where you are with them now. The next step will be to sort them into individual debts and date order, and update each account on here. That way peopleare more ale to help and will have an idea of what is most pressing or can help you find a suitable template if any need a reply
          Can I ask when you say "date order", date when debt taken out?

Comment

make a diary one for each card or loan do not bunch up into one as the thread gets mis read! easy for reference as well
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Strepsi well done .Date order , what's the dates the letters were sent (dates on them) earliest first and staple the envelopes to each one.,
              Not to worry if you don't have the envelopes. Doing them in date order gives you and us an idea of where things are at.
              if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Can I ask when you say "date order", date when debt taken out?
                Sorry, I should have been clearer. I meant sort the letters into what debt they relate to, and then the letters for each debt into date order, You already have posts for each debt, so just quote those and add the letters you have received under the quote so that its easy to read
                When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Finally plucked up the courage to open the 'envelopes' and also check our credit reports. Some letters are getting a bit nasty these debts are enforceable, we could be getting a knock on our door?! If these debts are enforceable would it is the best way to deal with them, should I just make token (£1.00) payments?
                  Also it appears that some of my debts have been sold to DCA one in particular HSBC to 1st Credit (Finance) Ltd, on checking them out on the FCA register it appears their licence has lapsed, is that a positive or does it have no bearing?!

I am aware that some of my debts are UE, but if some debts are enforceable would I not be better paying them, as they don't appear to be disappearing.

Cheers
                  Thanks regarding "date order".

I am curious however on what I discovered about 1st Credt. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Cheers

Comment

I am curious however on what I discovered about 1st Credt. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
                    Cheers
                    Personally no thoughts whatsoever.
                    The first lesson I had to learn when I came here is to Less is More. Less direct contact with DCA's (actually few if any contact with them). The Art of maintaining my EU files and taking and seeking advice, filing and in most cases ignoring DCA's.

Comment

Cheers
                      Personally no thoughts whatsoever.
                      The first lesson I had to learn when I came here is to Less is More. Less direct contact with DCA's (actually few if any contact with them). The Art of maintaining my EU files and taking and seeking advice, filing and in most cases ignoring DCA's. Silence is golden!

Comment

Niddy has contact with 1st Credit you could always send him a pm x
                        if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Lovell Financial Ltd Regarding Creation Consumer Finance Value of £854.28.

Pre-legal assessment.

Dear Mr.....

We have still not been able to agree repayment on your Creation Consumer Finance. If we do not hear from you, we will proceed with our assessment to decide whether to take legal action.

If legal action is taken to recover your debt...

I have been informed that this debt is enforceable via Niddy.

Advice please.

Comment

Lovell Financial Ltd Regarding Creation Consumer Finance Value of £854.28.

Pre-legal assessment.

Dear Mr.....

We have still not been able to agree repayment on your Creation Consumer Finance. If we do not hear from you, we will proceed with our assessment to decide whether to take legal action.

If legal action is taken to recover your debt...

I have been informed that this debt is enforceable via Niddy.

Advice please.
                            There are a lot of 'if's' in this letter aren't there?
                            They also haven't put a date or time for you to reply by, have they?

I suppose I would file this away and see what comes next.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                              There are a lot of 'if's' in this letter aren't there?
                              They also haven't put a date or time for you to reply by, have they?

I suppose I would file this away and see what comes next.
                              I think my worry is the enforceability,from that point of view don't I just pay?

Comment

I think my worry is the enforceability,from that point of view don't I just pay?
                                Pay? They haven't offered any kind of discount have they!

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                                Such good news. As Pixie has said do t rush to make payments or acknowledge the debts. The longer you go without payment, the closer to becoming Statute Barred, otherwise if enforceable the longer you hold out and the more DCSs involved, the greater the discount offered.....
                                Raising a claim will cost THEM up front money and mediation (for agreed settlement) is a normal part of any claim process.

It looks to me like a fishing letter to see if you will take the Bait. They haven't given any specific date or deadline for you to reply have they. They say "..proceed with our assessment to decide whether to take legal action ..".
                                Its up to you but I would file this away and await their next response.
                                Last edited by Roger; 30 March 2017, 14:39. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
                                X