GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Start of my diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Start of my diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Start of my diary

Originally posted by Strepsi View Post
    Next Directory 4036.51

Just received letter from Next
    'According to our records, your debts remain unpaid.
    We are currently preparing to sell the debt to an external dca who, post this sale, will legally own the debt.

To prevent this action ... contact us by 30th October.
    If we do not hear from you by this time, your debt will be sold'.

I have not made contact.

I have been informed by Niddy, that this debt is UE (I posted on different thread).

What do I do now, I will not be contacting Next.
    If it was me I would file this (with the envelope write the date when received) and wait and see what comes next!

Comment

B Card (wife) £4988
      From Asset Link Capital
      We are writing to confirm that Barclaycard have assigned your account to Asset Link Capital (no.5) ltd (alc5) on 30/9/2016 with an outstanding balance of £4988. Alc 5 have appointed link financial outsourcing to service your account on their behalf.

As you are no longer making the agreed payments,it is important that you contact Link to discuss your intentions regarding your account.

And so on...

Again I have been advised by Niddy that thjs is UE.

What is my course of action.

Cheers
      Same has just happened to Me. I should file this (with dated envelope) and wait and see what comes next!

Comment

As Roger says, just file the letters away and when they contact you next just post back on here xx
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Spud View Post
          With regard to both the CCA requests that you sent back in March - Both have been signed for so print off the signature proof from the Royal mail site and staple your original receipt to each and file away safely. Did you send a £1 cheque/Postal order with both? If so mabee see if they have been cashed ( Although not being cashed doesn't matter - Being cashed definately means they got them !!!)

As you sent them CCA requests - and they have failed to respond - They are now in breach and technically cannot currently enforce ( Not Current accounts - I need to read back to double check what both these accounts relate to) - That is where you want to be right now - Don't chase them - Post up here if you get any replies

With regard to Wescot - If it were me, Unless there is any direct legal threat, I would keep quiet right now - Don't reply and see what they send next
          Just received a reduced settlement offer from Wescot regarding TSB account. Still not received CCA requested earlier in the year...

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
          As Roger says, just file the letters away and when they contact you next just post back on here xx
          Thank you

Comment

Whilst TSB remain in default they won't be able to pursue this
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Just received letter from Robinson Way relating to HPH LTD (Barclaycard) amount of £7273, account opened 2004.

Following your request, we have today asked for a copy of agreement... your account has been placed on hold temporarily pending receipt of documentation.

Will keep posted.
              'Please note we have not yet received a response from the original creditor.

This note is to let you know that we are continuing to seek an update and we will let you know the response as soon as we can. Action on your account has been temporarily stopped whilst we await a resolution.

Thank you for your patience.'

File away?

Comment

I would after all they won't be bothering you for a while xxx
                if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
                  I would after all they won't be bothering you for a while xxx
                  Thanks, I have a feeling that they aren't going to find anything (although I could br wrong), certainly not counting my chickens...

Comment

But you now have some breathing space x

Comment

Going to post updates shortly. But to ask a question, in the new year our financial situation is finally going to change for tbe better, I am finally going to earn some money.

We should then be a position to tackle our debts, I am going down the UE route, some debts are enforceable. I have been defaulted on accounts the earliest being 2014 and the last beginning of this year.

Should I pay chunks of the debts off that are enforceable or start paying token payments again (£1.00). With a view to save the pennies with a view to do f and f offers near when defaults are due to come off.

Hope that makes sense, I know this is my choice, just really to get a few ideas.

It is going to be the first time in a long time when we haven't struggled!

Comment

I'm so pleased for you , how lovely , not sure about your query but you know us someone will help guide you , I wish you all the luck you deserve xxx

Comment

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
                          I'm so pleased for you , how lovely , not sure about your query but you know us someone will help guide you , I wish you all the luck you deserve xxx
                          I think the query is, should we paying chunks off our debts, bearing in mind will have the defaults for the next four years, or save to be in a position to make offers in a few years...?

Comment

lovley to hear of your good fortune.
                            I personaly would be saving that extra income for as long as possable. if and when you are threatened with court action is the time to consider what and who to pay,
                            If you start paying in chunks companys look closely at any accounts on your credit file to see if you have paid more to one than another, then the letters could start again,
                            so my oppinion is to save any spare cash, but don't leave yourself short of a treat or two, xxx

Comment

Excellent suggestion NW x

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                                lovley to hear of your good fortune.
                                I personaly would be saving that extra income for as long as possable. if and when you are threatened with court action is the time to consider what and who to pay,
                                If you start paying in chunks companys look closely at any accounts on your credit file to see if you have paid more to one than another, then the letters could start again,
                                so my oppinion is to save any spare cash, but don't leave yourself short of a treat or two, xxx
                                Thanks for that, I think that is what I w as hoping for.

Comment

Working...
                                X