GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Start of my diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Start of my diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Start of my diary

Originally posted by Strepsi View Post
    I sent to CCA requests one to TSB one to HSBC. I sent them signed for and postal order. I have just checked tracked them and they were both signed for on the 29th March. Do you think I should have had some sort of response by now?

Cheers
    Yes you should have done, but ball is in their court now. You don't need to do anything, or poke the hornets nest while they are in default of your request.
    "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
      Yes you should have done, but ball is in their court now. You don't need to do anything, or poke the hornets nest while they are in default of your request.
      Cheers.

Comment

Double ditto x
        if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

This part of the diary includes my wife's

Halifax O/D - 7/9/2004 - £2040
          Halifax CC 1/11/2013 - £2369
          Tesco CC 17/10/2013 - £4315
          Natwest CC 18/9/2013 - £4386
          MBNA CC 6/9/2005 - £3216 Appears to be owned by Arrow - but receive letter from Capquest (Letter CCA sent 2nd Feb, nothing back yet)
          Ikiano Loan 5/8/2013 - £2232

B'Card 14/11/2013 - £4990 UE according to Niddy
          Next Direct 6/5/2008 - £4427 UE according to Niddy

My debtor's:
          Mbna (Link) 19/07/2013 2497
          Tesco 19/07/2013 4488
          Sainsbury Westcot 11/09/2013 2735
          Creation 2/12/2013 4630
          Santander 15/01/21014 451
          Natwest 22/8/2013 4418
          B of S 29/10/2013 1128
          Hsbc Flexi loan 31/05/2006 4863
          B Card 7/09/2004 7166
          Halifax 05/11/2008 5118
          Tsb 09/06/2005 4146
          Barclay Partner 23/12/2013 1077
          Creation consumer finance 29/11/2013 854
          Santander 09/05/2008 743
          Hsbc 21/09/1998 1831
          Hsbc 11/6/2007 977

You need to make a separate post for each one of these debts. I'm afraid that's going to mean 25 separate posts but that's the only way we can help you effectively

If you simply make random posts when you get a letter without us knowing the history which has gone before, there's room for error.

Use this format for each debt:

Type of account (credit card/loan)
          Date commenced (ideally before April 2007)
          Approx balance
          Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment)
          Are you on arrangement or not paying
          Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date)
          Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender)

Comment

Just received letter from Halifax asking my wife to phone them about recent cca letter sent.

We have sent two letters to them, there is no mention as to which letter they want to discuss.

Obviously we won't be phoning, do you think this is a tactic?
            Cheers

Comment

Just received letter from Halifax asking my wife to phone them about recent cca letter sent.

We have sent two letters to them, there is no mention as to which letter they want to discuss.

Obviously we won't be phoning, do you think this is a tactic?
              Cheers
              On closer inspection it relates to my OH's overdraft.

Comment

I wouldn't be tempted to ring , wait and see what others have to say xx

Comment

Just ignore, they have 12+2 days to comply (did you send the correct request for overdrafts?). When they are in default of your request they cannot enforce.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                    Just ignore, they have 12+2 days to comply (did you send the correct request for overdrafts?). When they are in default of your request they cannot enforce.
                    Yep I sent the correct letter for overdraft. I was very careful with that, as advised didn't sent postal order.

Comment

CCA Reply received Bank of Scotland

Bank of Scotland -Credit Card

I am emailing copies to Niddy.

Regards

Comment

I will update diary accordingly. Niddy got back to me, all 3 sent across are enforceable. Which to be honest I was expecting.

It was mentioned to me to perhaps blag and maybe try for SB.

Was wondering could anyone offer further advice.

Cheers

Comment

That's unfortunate! Blagging techniques include delaying answering letters or ignoring letters until they have a follow up. If the debt is passed on, you request another CCA after a few letters etc etc. The aim is to reach statute barred which takes 6 years from the date of the last payment or acknowledgement of the debt. If you read through the diaries you will see how posters have been successful.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Strepsi ,, good idea to read some diaries if you consider blagging , i havent myself but there are peeps who have.Good luck whatever you decide. xxxx

Comment

I have so many debts that if I can get a few that are unenforceable that would be a result.

I have read somewhere about definition of SB, is it when you have stopped paying token payments (£1), or is it when you fail to make the original agreed repayments.

I am still waiting on a number of CCA's that have gone over the 12 + 2.

One of which is well over two months - I have a feeling they are struggling with this Arrow (DC) for a MBNA.

Comment

SB is from when any payment or acknowledgement of debt is stopped, this is why our letters are carefully written to save errors- I have one account when they claim I made a payment of 1p so it isn't SB !!! Once they are in default in sending your CCA they in theory cannot enforce the debt; they may try but you will find that there are a lot of success stories where they have been fought.
                                As for debts, there are some of us who have had a lot of debts totalling a horrible amount of money and have just carried on fighting. Just keep updating each debt in separate posts and you will get guidance as to the best way forward.
                                Last edited by cymruambyth; 21 May 2016, 14:52.

Comment

Working...
                                X