GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Start of my diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Start of my diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Start of my diary

My debtor's:
    Mbna (Link) 22/07/2013 2497
    Tesco 29/07/2013 4488
    Sainsbury Westcot 14/09/2013 2735
    Creation /12/2013 4630
    Santander /01/21014 451
    Natwest /8/2013 4418
    B of S 2/10/2013 1128
    Hsbc Flexi loan 3/05/2006 4863
    B Card /09/2004 7166
    Halifax 0/11/2008 5118
    Tsb 0/06/2005 4146
    Barclay Partner 2/12/2013 1077
    Creation consumer finance 2/11/2013 854
    Santander 0/05/2008 743
    Hsbc 2/09/1998 1831
    Hsbc 1/6/2007 977
    Last edited by Strepsi; 24 July 2018, 20:21.

Comment

I'm sure the first thing to do would CCA everyone. But as I'm a newbie, you should wait to hear what others have to say.

Comment

Sorry really struggling typing on forum at present... I am typing quicker than my laptop will allow me...

Comment

Yes, I'd be sending a CCA request to all of them and stopping the £1 payments. The ones before 2007 are likely to be unenforceable due to s77 - 79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 but that doesn't mean that the ones post 2007 aren't albeit for different reasons.

It may be easier to start two separate diaries, one for you and one for your wife and to use a separate post for each debt. It makes it a lot easier to track things further down the line. Have a look at this post to see what to do.
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
            Yes, I'd be sending a CCA request to all of them and stopping the £1 payments. The ones before 2007 are likely to be unenforceable due to s77 - 79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 but that doesn't mean that the ones post 2007 aren't albeit for different reasons.

It may be easier to start two separate diaries, one for you and one for your wife and to use a separate post for each debt. It makes it a lot easier to track things further down the line. Have a look at this post to see what to do.
            Thanks.

Is their best practice when sending CCA's?

When I have sent CCA's I will do separate post's. As a starter think I might CCA all accounts prior to 2007?

Cheers

Comment

Hi Stepsi
              I to am a relative Newbie.
              I decided to create a worts and all diary, including one debt that I had lost in court. The Diary is therapeutic for you to see where you are starting from and develop a hands on learning process.
              Its about law and tactics. Just be prepared to learn, share and take good advice.
              Good Luck and enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                Hi Stepsi
                I to am a relative Newbie.
                I decided to create a worts and all diary, including one debt that I had lost in court. The Diary is therapeutic for you to see where you are starting from and develop a hands on learning process.
                Its about law and tactics. Just be prepared to learn, share and take good advice.
                Good Luck and enjoy
                Thanks.

I am confused as to payment for CCA,I have sent cheques for the four that I sent off for thus far. I have two no shows, the two have replied don't appear to have cashed them.

What is the best way to send payment (postal order or cheque). Do I need to sign the letters?

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Strepsi View Post
                  Thanks.

I am confused as to payment for CCA,I have sent cheques for the four that I sent off for thus far. I have two no shows, the two have replied don't appear to have cashed them.

What is the best way to send payment (postal order or cheque). Do I need to sign the letters?

Cheers
                  Never sign letters and try not to send a cheque with your signature on. Postal orders are good. For the last four I sent, I used my mums cheques. She has a different surname and I could check up to see who had cashed them.

You also need to send them recorded delivery and ensure you keep all correspondence and envelopes that they come in as they seem to travel time and send letters in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by JLC View Post
                    Never sign letters and try not to send a cheque with your signature on. Postal orders are good. For the last four I sent, I used my mums cheques. She has a different surname and I could check up to see who had cashed them.

You also need to send them recorded delivery and ensure you keep all correspondence and envelopes that they come in as they seem to travel time and send letters in the future.
                    Thanks.

Will get onto this in the next couple of days.

How much do postal orders usually cost?

Comment

They are £1.50 for a £1 one!

Comment

Strepsi if you send our templates you can sign any old thing over the anti tamper strip.xx
                        if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Barclaycard
                          Balance £7273.15
                          Account Start Date 07/09/2004

Just received letter from Credit Solutions, contacted me asking me to contact them to payment.

I have sent CCA request to B'card at beginning of month but as yet no reply. I will hold my hands up and say I could have made a school boy error and requested with stamp and cheque.

Should I send CCA request to DCA following the advised correct procedure?

Cheers
                          Strepsi

Comment

Hi, if you sent a cheque, when it is cashed will be your evidence of delivery if you didn't send RD. Barclaycard should have received the request before it was farmed out. I would wait for another letter.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                              Hi, if you sent a cheque, when it is cashed will be your evidence of delivery if you didn't send RD. Barclaycard should have received the request before it was farmed out. I would wait for another letter.
                              Hi,

I sent one for my wife using the same method, they replied to that request about two week ago without cashing the cheque (as yet).

Cheers

Comment

I sent to CCA requests one to TSB one to HSBC. I sent them signed for and postal order. I have just checked tracked them and they were both signed for on the 29th March. Do you think I should have had some sort of response by now?

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X